Longish-term budget accomodation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by patatas Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hola a todas.

I am currently teaching EFL in Thailand, and I am considering relocating to Spain. From my research on the 'net, I am particularly interested in Granada or seville.

If I manage to obtain a teaching position before arriving in Spain,  my employers may be able to make suggestions regarding accomodation. But if this doesn't occur... Can anybody suggest rented budget accomodation available in Spain for a period of 2-3 months which is basic but secure, where I can live while I get things organised.

When I was in Spain some time ago there were pensiones available which would suit my needs perfectly. I have tried looking online, and the only budget accomodation I can find is for holidaymakers, not for those wishing to stay long-term.

Any replies are welcome and will be gratefully received. 

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 11:05 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

Until you know exactly where you are going I don't think anyone can really give you any proper advice.  Seville and Granda areas are both huge!

Have a look at the long term rentals on the site here.  Some owners will happily rent out for a couple of month, although it may depend what time of year you are looking at.

Good luck in your search.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 11:58 AM by patatas Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I was thinking of Granada city or Seville city. I will check the thread you suggested. Thank you for your reply.

This message was last edited by patatas on 13/10/2011.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 12:11 PM by anthonyo Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

anthonyo´s avatar

Hello, i live in Granada, i imagine that you are looking a place well comunicated with public transport, city centre? shared flat? student flat? hostel? a flat for yourself?, tell more things that you need and i can suggest areas of the city where you can find the thing that you are looking for.

In my opinion the crime in Sevilla is higher, it´s a bigger city, Granada is also big but feels like smaller city, some places can be unsafe late at night like all cities but in the day the dangerous areas are located.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 12:51 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I have to say, out of both cities my favourite by far is Granada.  Although it is a big city it just has a much nicer feel to it.  We go there quite a lot and never tire of the place.

That's my opinion anyway

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Oct 2011 2:23 PM by patatas Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Antonyo, I am looking for accomodation at a price that will not burn through my savings too quickly. A single room with shared bathroom in a secure house would suit me, if this is available.

I would like to be close to the centre of Granada city, if possible.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Does anyone know where you can take olives to be processed into oil? - 6 posts
SLEEPLESS - 9 posts
Biggest Idiot On The Planet - 12 posts
What has gone wrong with the Bono? - 11 posts
Property Insurance - 4 posts
Yamaha FX160HO Cruiser Jet Ski for sale - 1 posts
can anyone help us - 1 posts
Life in Spain - 4 posts
TRAVEL HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Non Resident Tax - 4 posts
Communities and free range dogs - 9 posts
Flies, Damned Flies! - 7 posts
Justin! Where Are You? - 4 posts
WAITING TIMES FOR AN OPERATION IN SPAIN - 4 posts
Party lines in Spain, or just crossed?? - 1 posts
Why so tolerant of noise - 11 posts
Another great holiday over - 3 posts
New spanish in the forum - 9 posts
How long to swap UK licence for Spanish one? - 21 posts
Setting up as a Taxi Driver - 3 posts
watch football in spain - 0 posts
BAG A BARGAIN? - 3 posts
Getting married in Rojales - 0 posts
Leather Chairs - 2 posts
2011 Peugeot Partner Premium HDi90 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x