Buying bank reposession in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by kimsheppard Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi there, I am just back from a holiday home hunting trip in Torreveja and have seen a bank repo home that is lovely, it was originally Euros 274 but the owner defaulted almost 2 years ago and it has been empty ever since, its pretty much never been lived in, they want Euros 99,000 and its great. I am really good at doing my homework and going through all the legal jargon but would like to hear from anyone that has had a similar experience. Is now REALLY a good time to buy in spain? do you think the market will crash further, or, as like the experts are predicting, Spain has almost bottomed out now. Thanks very much, appreciate any feedback.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2011 12:31 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

In my opninion prices wont drop any more, if they do there will be no country left!

Very good time to buy if you have money, it will be a long term investment as it will be a few years before the prices rise a little in order to make a profit.

Joan

Like 0      
03 Oct 2011 12:34 PM by kimsheppard Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks Joan for taking the time to respond to me. Yes, I wonder how that works, if everything goes bankrupt!

Appreciate your time. Have a nice day. Kim

Like 0      
03 Oct 2011 3:41 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Trust in Spain will change dramatically after the ellections. It has already happened in the past ( 1996)

So, with the VAT reduction whish is in force  till december 11  it might be true it is now the perfect time to buy!

Kindest,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Oct 2011 5:55 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Kim,

My main concern would be the taxes that can be levied on such a reduced price property.

There have been instances on this site where purchasers of such a property have been issued with a bill for their perceived gain because they have bought cheaply. I.E., the Spanish authorities still regard the value of the property as the higher one   that it was previously   sold/ marketed at and so levy a tax on the difference. This tax is not passed on to the poor vendor to offset his losses, it goes into the public purse. It seems in Spain there is no provision regarding taking a loss on a real estate transaction. 

'Marksfish'  has posted in the past few days about his situation which involved a plan to give away his property. It makes very interesting reading.

I would thoroughly research the the tax situation on buying such a property and ask what the propertie's 'Catastral'? value is for tax purposes, and what if any additional  taxes will be levied.

regards,

Like 0      
03 Oct 2011 6:36 PM by kimsheppard Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thank you so much, that is an invaluable piece of information and one I would never have known. I will send this to my solicitor now to ensure they too are familiar with this (and if they are not, then I am obviously dealing with the wrong solicitors).

Thanks again and I appreciate your time so will keep you posted

All the best

Kim

Like 0      
04 Oct 2011 10:42 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

If no capital gains is made and the Treasure still wants to charge you a tax for this concept, you clearly have grounds for administrative and contencious-administrative appeals.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Oct 2011 7:56 PM by kimsheppard Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Maria

Thanks very much for this information, its really good to know. I do appreciate this.

Kind regards, enjoy the sun

Kim

:)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi Everyone - 2 posts
Right here waiting for YOU! - 0 posts
"Giving away" a property - 8 posts
Costa Rojo - 0 posts
Cambank Auction /Takeover - 4 posts
Mercadona milk - 6 posts
Renters - 2 posts
La Cala de Mijas doctor - 5 posts
leather 3 piece suite for sale and a complete bedroom set - 0 posts
Viva la UK - 17 posts
Mercedes SL WANTED or similar - 1 posts
Help needed in Mojacar Almeria - 3 posts
FT - forecast of further 15% drop in Spanish property prices - 6 posts
Market trading - 0 posts
The meeting with David Lidington - 9 posts
does anyone have positive claims experience from their Spanish holiday home insurance? - 11 posts
SYSTEMIC CORRUPTION IN CAJA DE AHORROS DEL MEDITERRÁNEO (BANCO CAM) - 12 posts
Help needed. Place of death search..... - 9 posts
Do you need a Home Sitter - 0 posts
Dog and puppy dumped (by English people) Sierra Espuna last week. - 1 posts
Duty Free changes when returning from EU to the UK - 20 posts
Form 210 ID labels - 3 posts
New stables opening up soon just outside Murcia - 2 posts
The Complaints Form - 4 posts
English bike carriers - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x