Help needed. Place of death search.....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by k1mmie Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi

Can anyone help me find the place of death of my mother.  She passed away on 7th March 2011, and was cremated on  8th March 2011.  She lived near Jumilla and I am desperate to try to find her place of passing as the death certificate is unavailable until I know her actual place of death.  I have tried Madrid from a central source but no joy.

Does anyone know of local crematoriums I can try or funeral parlours covering that region or hosptials.

Any help really appreciated - desperate.

Thank you..

Like 0      
30 Sep 2011 8:10 PM by pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

pickles´s avatar

Hi i will pm you with some info

Like 0      
30 Sep 2011 9:50 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Pickles, she has only made two posts do not think she will be able to see it!!!!

Like 0      
30 Sep 2011 9:55 PM by pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

pickles´s avatar

Hi Pat ive sent a private message, i was thinking jamilla was near almoradi but t was jacarilla silly me

Tricia

Like 0      
01 Oct 2011 6:32 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Tricia,

To much of that of that vino me thinks.  Sorry I did not reply to your last pm but I would not have a clue, you would do better going and asking them!! 

I do not know much about this thread either, I thought  you had to have the death certificate in place before you was cremated, but not so. As my daughter's Mother in law was buried in the UK recently without one  So I have no idea about Spain. But it sounds like you do so might be worth putting it on this thread, it would be interesting to know/

Hope you are both okay!!!

Patricia 

Like 0      
07 Oct 2011 10:57 PM by k1mmie Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Can't believe that even with an NIE number, name and date of death, I still
Cannot get the death certificate until I know where she died.
Anyone have any ideas where to look?

I thought about contacting the town hall, but
Don't speak Spanish, so could be a problem.

The consulate have not been notified. So stuck!

Like 0      
08 Oct 2011 12:58 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Did she take up Residency in Spain?    The town hall is worth a try someone might speak English there or they might be able to point you in the right direction.  Do you know her local medico (Doctor) she went to?

Has she any neighbour's that went to the cremation or lived near her that might know?

I am clutching at straws here,    Good luck with it all!

Patricia

Like 0      
08 Oct 2011 1:07 AM by k1mmie Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Patricia

Thanks for your response. She did take up residencia and has an NIE number.
I have just managed to track down where she lived,
But don't know anybody that knew her. my father still lives there but that is
A no-go area. I don't know anyone that she would have known. Does anyone know if Torre del RICO has a town hall or is it too small? In which case I'm guessing the next one is Jumilla? I have already paid for a search of the death certificate based on Torre del RICO and Jumilla, but nothing found. />
Thanks

K

This message was last edited by k1mmie on 08/10/2011.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2011 1:16 PM by DMS Star rating in Spain. 27 posts Send private message

DMS´s avatar
I would recommend that you find out which Civil Registry belongs to Jumilla and try there. Also, to try at the cemeteries in Jumilla or surrounds to find out about funerals or cremations after the date of your Mother's death

Another possibility is to ask at the Town Hall for the name and location of the hospital/s that cover the Jumilla area, and enquire there.

Please also note, that the place of death appears on the "Certificado de Defunción", there are several places in which the this can be obtained by internet (application by internet and then the certificado sent by post). Please find below one of these websites:

If you come to a dead end and do not know what to do or how to proceed, contact a solicitor who could cary out the search and sort out the documents for you. 
Best regards

This message was last edited by DMS on 10/10/2011.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2011 2:23 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Looking on the internet it would appear that Torre del Ricio is part oj Jumilla

( town hall is:  ayuntamientio.  Mayor is:  Alcalde)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do you need a Home Sitter - 0 posts
Dog and puppy dumped (by English people) Sierra Espuna last week. - 1 posts
Duty Free changes when returning from EU to the UK - 20 posts
Form 210 ID labels - 3 posts
New stables opening up soon just outside Murcia - 2 posts
The Complaints Form - 4 posts
English bike carriers - 2 posts
For Sale or Swap BMW 325 Convertible Auto UK RHD, Tax & MOT - 2 posts
Change of clocks - 11 posts
Formentera Del Segura - 5 posts
repossessed property - no water or electricity meters - bank obligation to disclose? - 8 posts
Liability for Water Leak - 15 posts
Spa day around Quesada? - 1 posts
Mazarron country club - 6 posts
Help locating hand mixer please - 10 posts
Invitation to British property owners in Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Invitation to British property owners in Torrevieja area - 0 posts
Invitation to British property owners in Torrevieja area - 0 posts
Reporting a crime in Spain from the UK - 6 posts
MALAGA CAR HIRE - ADVICE NEEDED ASAP - 11 posts
Property on sale (Andalucia, Spain) - 0 posts
sierra nevada - 0 posts
Free Car Hire - 6 posts
el paso los alcazares - 1 posts
School grants for the Bachillerato. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x