Changing Name on NIE & Residencia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I´ve finally got my passport changed to my married name (only married two years ago!) and I now need to change the name on my NIE and residencia. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Ta

Irene

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 12:17 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Irene, I would assume you would need to visit your national police station where they do the NIE and Residencia again to get this done.

If you don't want the hassle you can probably just get a local gestor to sort it out for you.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 12:17 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Irene, I would assume you would need to visit your national police station where they do the NIE and Residencia again to get this done.

If you don't want the hassle you can probably just get a local gestor to sort it out for you.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 3:29 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Why do us Brits get so hung up on women changing their name when they marry ?

If one chooses not to, then that is fine.

Neither in UK nor in Spain (the Spanish keep their surname and cannot, without court permission, change it) is there any legal requirement to do so.

And in UK, and Rep of Ireland,  one can change their name (first and surname) to almost anything they want, just by saying they have done so.   No Deed Poll etc required.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2011 8:45 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I am not ´hung up´ about changing my name. I have my own reasons which I´m not going to bother to explain. I asked a simple question and don´t appreciate your patronising and unconstructive reply.

Irene

Like 0      
28 Sep 2011 10:32 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Oops !   

Irene it seems you have misunderstood my reply.  I did, carefully  say  'Why do us Brits.....'    However, I will not now tempt fate by suggesting, in reply to your question,  what you will need to do, in case I offend again.

My post was to inform those, who did not know,  that changing one's name on marriage is not a legal requirement in UK and certainly not in Spain.

And to inform,  that if one wishes to change their name (in UK or Rep of Ireland)  they can so do without any form of  'legal process' or expense.

I know some people (women usually) get 'lumbered' with a surname which they dislike, even hate, and don't realise that it was a matter of choice: They could have avoided it, whilst still marrying their true love.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

another great trip - 5 posts
EWTELCO - 10 posts
GPS and Satnav - 19 posts
English speaking solicitor needed, Villamartin area - 2 posts
Fast UK VPN? - 23 posts
Bank Security... - 5 posts
Terminally ill - 13 posts
Taxis - 3 posts
the Rowleys - 3 posts
List for transponders please - 4 posts
Looking for a good local book keeper. - 3 posts
Thought 5 months was a holiday?? - 11 posts
usa visa - 0 posts
Wanted Dining Room Table & 4 Chairs - 1 posts
Sue Spanish Builder/Bank in UK? - 13 posts
Anyone in Marbella do me a favour? - 2 posts
Things you need to known about your Cell Phone - 3 posts
Looking to buy Property in Malaga, Spain - 6 posts
Moving to Spain - 6 posts
I received letter from Agencia Tributaria saying I have a fine - but for what? - 14 posts
Land sitter/land wanted for rent for campervan. - 2 posts
Getting your deposit back? Tenant rights - 3 posts
Campsite work - 1 posts
Is this the bottom of the market - 1 posts
amplifier for satellite dish - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x