another great trip

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by captnkid Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I love Santander and Valencia.  Great people and food to die for.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2011 9:39 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

We´ve been told that Valencia is dreadfully expensive. Did you find it so?

Irene

Like 0      
25 Sep 2011 11:54 PM by captnkid Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I found it no different than the rest of Spain.  My trip to Spain was the cheapest part of my vacation.  Forget Italy and greece.  A big rip off.  This was my fourth time to Spain. In my opinion forget San Sebastian go to Santander. Same great food and beaches but in a friendlier environment. I say the same for Valencia. I will never go back to Barcelona.  I found Valencia much safer.  From what I saw alot less pick pocketers and shady people.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 12:08 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We've (for some odd reason) never been to either of those places.  Now that the weather is cooling a little we are planning on visiting Valencia next month.  Everyone that I know that has been there has loved it.

I know what you mean about Barcelona but every time we've been there we've loved.  It is a great city.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 3:16 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Irene, we have been to Valencia several times and haven't found it expensive - and we are budget-conscious pensionistas too!  Like anywhere, you need to look around as the obvious tourist places have tourist prices, but to be honest Valencia seems to have less foreign tourists than other Spanish cities we've visited.  It's a lot cheaper than Barcelona, for a start, and we definitely recommend a visit.  Having said that, I agree with Justin that Barcelona is a great city - and if you have never been there it is worth a visit.  Just watch out for pickpockets and, if eating out on a budget, stick to the side streets rather than Las Ramblas and the sea front!

Santander is on our list of places that we would like to visit.  San Sebastian is very pretty but we found it expensive and we much preferred Bilbao when we stayed in both places several years ago.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 5:05 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

My son and four friends have just returned from a couple of weeks in Barcelona - and after all  of my warnings about how it is different from the Spain he is used to in Almeria, he absolutely loved it, and had no problems whatsoever.  He did not think it was over priced generally, though he said to see all of the Gaudi stuff is expensive but fantastic.   But NO criticisms at all from the young folk- so I think we might go back and have a break there.   We tend to prefer Madrid, so may be a bit down on the Catalan capital!!

Brian

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

EWTELCO - 10 posts
GPS and Satnav - 19 posts
English speaking solicitor needed, Villamartin area - 2 posts
Fast UK VPN? - 23 posts
Bank Security... - 5 posts
Terminally ill - 13 posts
Taxis - 3 posts
the Rowleys - 3 posts
List for transponders please - 4 posts
Looking for a good local book keeper. - 3 posts
Thought 5 months was a holiday?? - 11 posts
usa visa - 0 posts
Wanted Dining Room Table & 4 Chairs - 1 posts
Sue Spanish Builder/Bank in UK? - 13 posts
Anyone in Marbella do me a favour? - 2 posts
Things you need to known about your Cell Phone - 3 posts
Looking to buy Property in Malaga, Spain - 6 posts
Moving to Spain - 6 posts
I received letter from Agencia Tributaria saying I have a fine - but for what? - 14 posts
Land sitter/land wanted for rent for campervan. - 2 posts
Getting your deposit back? Tenant rights - 3 posts
Campsite work - 1 posts
Is this the bottom of the market - 1 posts
amplifier for satellite dish - 1 posts
Driving down to El Faro Mijas first time. - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x