EWTELCO

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hello, 1.Has anyone any experience with using mobile communication with http://ewtelco.com/mobiles?  They are part of the Euro Weekly newspaper. I have tried to communicate with them on several occasions via their website asking for further info but haven't  received a reply.2. Has anyone had any experience with HITS mobile communication? Is it any good? Thanks in advance for any replies Peggy

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 12:20 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It looks like EWTELCO are just a distributor of HITS Mobile sim cards.

Don't know much about either but there was this previous discussion about HITS Mobile.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 12:50 AM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Thanks Justin,Maybe I'll hear from them at some point.They did contact me when I e-mailed them about their ADSL package a while back Peggy

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 10:48 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi,

I had my mobile with vodafone, very

expensive,was talking to a friend 

who recommended hits mobile.

(she is using them).

I changed to them about 3 months ago

and have had brilliant service, also cheaper calls.

they also have a good website you can access.

the person I contacted was called Ian, his number

is 606857153.

hope this helps

This message was last edited by formentera costa on 26/09/2011.

This message was last edited by formentera costa on 26/09/2011.

coolyes

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 11:10 AM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi, thanks for your reply.EWTELCO also supply HITS but I still haven't received a reply.

I want a pay as you go card which I can top up myself at various outlets not via he bank. Plus no minimum usage as I return to the UK 3 months at a time. Is that what you have? Peggy

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 1:43 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi Peggy,

I am also pay as you go.

there is no minimum usage.

but if you do not top up within 3 months you cannot

make any calls until you do top up. but

you do not lose any of your credit, any credit

you have is frozen till you top up then it is refunded.

I only top up with 5 euros at a time as this is the minimum.

coolyes

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 3:20 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

My wife and I both have sim cards with HITS.  In about a year we have not found any problems, just advantages.

One advantage is that we can go on line and see our top ups and usage.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 3:35 PM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

thank you John.How did you go about getting your sim card?Did you do it on line? I've just found out about Digi mobil Spain. I may try them as they have a local office and I can pay cash for the sim card without having to give any bank details which can get a bit tricky sometimes. Peggy

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 3:39 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I did it not online with  www.telitec.com

I used my existing number (porting ) it was a bit cheaper and much more convenient.

Like 0      
04 Oct 2011 4:35 PM by danielca Star rating in Estepona. 26 posts Send private message

Hi my wife and I both have payg Hits mobiles and find them very good and reasonable to call home..

I had to contact them recently on their e-mail address and was happy with the service.

The only drawback is that you have to top them upat least once every 3 months or lose out.

Like 0      
04 Oct 2011 6:02 PM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Thank's everyone for your help. I did eventually receive a reply from EWTELCO. Meanwhile I had bought a SIM from our local outlet for DIGI.mobil for 10 euros. For my purposes it appears to be very reasonable at 5c + IVA.(no dial up charge) You can keep track of your usage by phoning a freephone number from your mobile.(set in English). So far so good......

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

GPS and Satnav - 19 posts
English speaking solicitor needed, Villamartin area - 2 posts
Fast UK VPN? - 23 posts
Bank Security... - 5 posts
Terminally ill - 13 posts
Taxis - 3 posts
the Rowleys - 3 posts
List for transponders please - 4 posts
Looking for a good local book keeper. - 3 posts
Thought 5 months was a holiday?? - 11 posts
usa visa - 0 posts
Wanted Dining Room Table & 4 Chairs - 1 posts
Sue Spanish Builder/Bank in UK? - 13 posts
Anyone in Marbella do me a favour? - 2 posts
Things you need to known about your Cell Phone - 3 posts
Looking to buy Property in Malaga, Spain - 6 posts
Moving to Spain - 6 posts
I received letter from Agencia Tributaria saying I have a fine - but for what? - 14 posts
Land sitter/land wanted for rent for campervan. - 2 posts
Getting your deposit back? Tenant rights - 3 posts
Campsite work - 1 posts
Is this the bottom of the market - 1 posts
amplifier for satellite dish - 1 posts
Driving down to El Faro Mijas first time. - 10 posts
Couple from Barnsley S.Yorks - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x