Going to University

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by JHW Star rating. 0 posts

Hi ---does anyone know of anyone's child going to Uni in Spain --what is the process and where is the best place to find out any info pls?

Like 0      
29 Aug 2011 3:32 PM by sara_n3 Star rating in Naranjos 3, Condado .... 85 posts Send private message

This may be of absolutely no use to you but I am 20 and just moved to Spain, I am doing my degree with the Open Uni in English Language and literature.

It's so easy to do, everything is done on the internet and once the fee's go up next year for students it'll be cheaper to apply abroad. 

As for Spanish Uni's I have no idea. I tried to look into it, but just couldn't find out anything and gave up. Open Uni suits me better now.

Hope this helps. :)

Like 0      
29 Aug 2011 3:43 PM by JHW Star rating. 0 posts

yes it does seem to be a maze and a fog will keep on trying a bit longer --thank you

Like 0      
29 Aug 2011 3:44 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

This website regarding access to universities may be useful

http://www.ua.es/oia/es/estudios/preinscripcion/preinsjul.htm

Here is a link for the University of Granada, and you will see down the page that they have a guide for international students (in English).

http://www.ugr.es/pages/perfiles/acceso

Like 0      
29 Aug 2011 3:49 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

Would just like to second the Open University idea.  I completed my diploma in Spanish (4 years of hard work) and it was a very positive experience.  I am older of course, and had the benefit of a conventional university background, but the OU is worth a look if it is the qualification you are after rather than the uni experience.  

Brian

Like 0      
29 Aug 2011 4:04 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

There is also the Open University in Spain, known as UNED (Universidad Nacional de Educación  a Distancia).  It could be an option.

http://portal.uned.es/portal/page?_pageid=93,1&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Like 0      
30 Aug 2011 10:29 AM by JHW Star rating. 0 posts

Thank you everyone --I am trying to get on a Vetinerary medicine course --so will follow all these suggestions to see where I can get info, thx once again

Like 0      
11 Oct 2011 12:42 PM by Lilith Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I don't know if it's too late, I just saw your post. I got my doctoral degree from the Universitat de Barcelona two years ago. If you need any info., would be glad to help. One place that is famous for vet. med. is the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona. 

Like 0      
11 Oct 2011 8:24 PM by JHW Star rating. 0 posts

Dear Lilith--Thank you for this --no it is not too late.

It does seem to be a maze.The main trouble we have is trying to understand the entry requirements for Vet med---here the grades are quite clear but no one we have spoken to Embassy or University of Murcia can answer this.

At present we are waiting for her A level certificates to arrive then we have to send them to Madrid to be verified--but that is a lot of money if not successful or are not the required grades. 

The other point seems to be you do not get a loan if you go abroad??

Any info will be gratefully received --thank you 

Like 0      
12 Oct 2011 10:21 AM by Lilith Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi, I checked out the webpage at Murcia. They haven't put any info. about the grades necessary for admission, which is strange. You said you had spoken to them, and they didn't give you any satisfactory answer. I would try again, maybe to the Dean's office: decanato(dot)veterinaria(at)um(dot)es 

One possibility is that they are now changing from Licenciatura to Grado, and there may be internal confusion. I would ask again. 

As for the certificate, from what I know, I need the Apostille de Haya when I applied for the doctoral programme. But for Bachelor's degree it may be different. I don't know how they recognize the A level, here the "selectividad". The faculty i am working in now only admits foreign students that have sat for the "selectividad" here. 

Sorry that I can't be of much help. But if you wish, I can write a message to Murcia to ask. I understand all the confusion and frustration, and the oppressive amount of bureacracy, I went through the same when I applied!

Good luck!

Like 0      
12 Oct 2011 3:31 PM by imel Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

All the place for Vet studies in Murcia were assigned in June/July with the lowest 'selectividad'  mark (nota de corte) at 8,9/10. I believe you'll have to have the Alevel marks at the Ministery of Education converted to Spanish standard and apply for next year.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Burglar/Intruder alarm Systems. - 1 posts
Presentation program of autumn activities- Last Resort Manilva - 0 posts
AT LAST I CAN FLY FROM SOUTHEND AIRPORT - 5 posts
Setting up Sunday League Football Club in Granada, interested? - 0 posts
NIE numbers - 14 posts
Trip Advisor - 1 posts
SAT NAV - 0 posts
Wanted - 0 posts
Changing address re car ownership - 2 posts
Peugeot 206 cc For Sale - 4 posts
Parking Fines in Spain - 23 posts
Newbie - 16 posts
WHAT IS THE PRICE PER SQ MT FOR RESALE PROPERTY INLAND ALICANTE - 16 posts
Endesa Bank Account - 16 posts
VILLA - 0 posts
Equality in EU - 0 posts
Spain is possible - 5 posts
venta la choza - 2 posts
Advice on Correct Procedure, Please - 8 posts
COME DINE WITH ME COSTA DEL SOL TONIGHT - 4 posts
Serious Legal Problems - 23 posts
Looking for english/American school in Murcia/Alicante Region - 7 posts
Boundary Walls - 13 posts
humax freesat. - 23 posts
Back from Marbella trip - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x