Pregnant in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by zzup Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi,

We have lived in spain for a few months now and my wife is pregnant and due next April. The one thing we cannot decide is where to go, is there a private healthcare here that speaks english, as we have not learnt spanish yet and we dont want to be seen by someone who doesnt speak english. We are happy to pay to go private, but we need to know where to look. Everytime I search google for private health care in spain I get insurance companies and not details of actual private health care. Does anyone have any experience with having kids out here and what to do for the best?

Many thanks

Clive 

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 11:14 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Clive

I doubt if you join now they will cover you for a known condition to be able to avail of private medical care.

If you want a private hospital but it will be very expensive then go to Xanit. http://www.xanit.net/index_en.php

There are other private options. I think there are some English mid-wives working out here and they could maybe give you some better advice.

But most staff at public hospital on the coast speak some English.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 11:28 AM by jonalexa Star rating in India. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 19/08/2011.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 1:17 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

ZZup

If you tell us the area where you are living, I am sure many people will be able to offer advice, although I should have thought that a Google search would bring up any number of private clinics and hospitals.

PS    I just did a search, hundreds came up.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 3:48 PM by zzup Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

We are near San Miguel De salinas and each time I search google I get health insurance not clinics, have now found one and have appointment next week :) thanks

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 3:57 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you need to look further try :

"clinicas privada San Miguel De salinas "

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 4:38 PM by zzup Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

Like 0      
20 Aug 2011 1:22 PM by rash29 Star rating in Hurchillo, Orihuela.. 77 posts Send private message

rash29´s avatar

Clive

There are hospitals in the costa blanca that may speak English. Torrevieja is a state hospital but I have previously heard that the midwives speak English there. Private hospitals like Medimar in Alicante speak English. You may also want to think about using an interpreter. I can give you more info. if you like. Send me a private message.

Regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

There is definitely an increase of interest in property here. - 61 posts
Running a community without an administrator - 10 posts
Moving to Costa Del Sol from England - 14 posts
Bazanjoan - 2 posts
New Jokes - 12 posts
Costahouse.com Estate Agents, Benalmadena - 5 posts
Spanish economy - stolen purse - 47 posts
Flights from Cardiff to Alicante or Murcia - 11 posts
Purchased Property - 7 posts
Gestria Wanted - 0 posts
Jumilla Wine Festival - 2 posts
IT SEEMS IT'S NOT JUST THE WATER - 8 posts
SPAIN’S SHAMEFUL SECRET REVEALED - 1 posts
Running Costs - 0 posts
Crossing a Spanish cheque - 2 posts
Amazonia Adventure Park - 4 posts
Valencian Health Care system for early retirees - 0 posts
Relocating with small children - 3 posts
Help with Copia Simple - 11 posts
air con - 2 posts
power of attorney - 2 posts
Am i missing a trick?? - 8 posts
Why are there always huge queues at the butchers - 2 posts
Poltergeist - 7 posts
TAKING A BG CASE BEFORE THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x