Mortgage and Run !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 May 2007 12:00 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Hey smiley,  any comments on this.  Over the past couple of weeks I have had 3 vendors who desperately need to sell and go back to the UK.  I feel very sorry for them as they are selling their houses at a really low prices.

Each one of the 3 without any promting from me asked my opinion about mortaging their houses to a maximum 80% (non have mortgages at present) then just running back to the UK without paying and repayments whatsoever!!!

If they sell their properties the usual route they will make less for themselves due to taxes, agents fees etc.

I was a bit astonished at the desperation as non of these people would normally do such a thing, they are very desperate.

I suspect this is going to be a trend if things don´t get any better.

I made a suggestion that they could leave a years repayment in the bank from the re-mortgage and hope the property sells before the year is up but they seemed reluctant to lose any more money!!!

Do you have any of your wisdom to add to this smiley, I can´t think of a worse thing to have to do, but there could be a few EOS watchers out there contemplating the same thing.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
30 May 2007 7:06 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Oh my friend I could not possibly comment on the ethics or morals of that. Interesting theory but equity release remortgage here they will lose approx 5 to 6% of the sum of money raised anyway in remortgage expenses. They will not get as much as 80% anyway and typically the max would be 70% or perhaps 75% - these are lenders with long arms in the UK - whether cross border law would permit any further action I could not say but I am sure they would find a way of at least getting a listing on their UK credit file.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
31 May 2007 11:51 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Cheers smiley, well we got it out in the open so it´s there for anyone to see!

Like 0      
31 May 2007 12:23 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
You know me pal - I like everyone to see what I got!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
31 May 2007 12:35 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
True Smiley - being in the financial sector I would expect you to do everything with "ac-crued interest"

Like 0      
31 May 2007 6:29 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Groan! Is this what we are becoming a sad forum of in your end oers - come back janice all is forgiven!! Weather down here been terrific last few days and seems summer has arrived at last  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Furniture Packages - 6 posts
eralia sell shares in various developments including los lagos santa maria golf - 0 posts
live in CDS but work in Gibralter-is it possible - 1 posts
Single Bed bases - 0 posts
We need some help - 11 posts
FIAT BARCHETTA FOR SALE - 19 posts
Completion letters from Agents - 0 posts
Self Financing Mortgage? - 2 posts
Furnishing in La Marina/Guradamar area - 3 posts
JOB VACANCIES - 7 posts
condado de alhama - 6 posts
Anyone fancy meeting up in Duquesa on 19th of July? - 67 posts
Eralia takeover? - 0 posts
La Herencia de Casares - 3 posts
Structural Problems - whose responsible? - 12 posts
Resale prices at Lar Sol - 0 posts
Mothercare equivalent in Costa del Sol? - 12 posts
All welcome me to wish good luck to Impey please - 10 posts
Self financing Mortgage - 0 posts
corvera golf - 2 posts
Las Marquesas phase 4 - 6 posts
Golfing Investment + Free Golfing Lesson. - 0 posts
help? - 9 posts
It's all new to me - 7 posts
hi from lisa and derek help required - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x