freesat top box

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by jackt Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Hi, We live in a community with tv dishes which provide all uk channels through sky boxes. I want to purchase a humax freesat receiver/recorder top box. In the uk all adverts state that two leads are required from the dish to the top box. Would anyone please know

whether the same applies for spain. I assume that one lead supplies the signal and the other is needed to record a programme. Thanks Jack.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2011 9:58 PM by prosky Star rating in Costa del Sol. 13 posts Send private message

prosky´s avatar

Hi Jackt.

Your quite correct, the HD PVR Humax receivers do take 2 cables from the dish, But will work without the second cable! the 2 feeds are so you can record one and watch a second.

The Humax will allow you to record one and watch a second even with one cable, But not all channels, i suggest you have a second feed installed.

until then you can record one channel, so great when your out or in bed as you dont need to watch another one, Superb choice of receiver.

Kindest regards,

Carl.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2011 10:02 PM by jackt Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Hi Carl,

Thank you very much for your help; most appreciated. Jack.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2011 11:33 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

JACKT:_ "We live in a community with tv dishes which provide all uk channels through sky boxes"

I wonder if you mean that you have a receiver for each (illegal) Sky channel you receive. If so, having a top box will not give you any channels, as you will not have a feed from the satellite dish.

** EDITED - Corrupted post **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 02/08/2011.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2011 11:40 AM by jackt Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Hi Johnzx, Sorry I am being rather thick. We have a community dish with cables going into each Apt and into the back of a sky box.

We pick up free to air. All I want to do is replace the sky box with an hd freesat box to pick up hd channels on our new led hdtv.

Please advise what I am doing wrong. Jack.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2011 11:45 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Jackt.  What you have would seem to fine for what you want to do.

You appear to have a direct feed from the dish, not like some comunties, separate channels via several sky boxes. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Building Valuation - Help - 1 posts
Any experiences of obtaining dangerous dogs licence? - 10 posts
If you are thinking about moving to spain maybe this is interesting to you? - 22 posts
Hand the keys in and walk away? No chance! - 50 posts
Compensation caused by abnormal functioning of the Spanish Administration of Justice - 7 posts
American - 2 posts
3 Shot in Palomares - 4 posts
Endesa electric problem - 4 posts
man with a van asap?????? - 0 posts
Air con Heredades - 5 posts
How healthy is your townhall's finances? - 8 posts
Sick Pay in Spain - 0 posts
Advice needed on kids starting school in Formentera del segura in spain - 6 posts
lobins answer to illegal homes - 0 posts
Best type of property for rental income - 7 posts
Wanted - Kids toys - 0 posts
Entity queery - 0 posts
squash courts - 0 posts
Form 210 - 0 posts
THE SALE THAT NEVER WAS - 1 posts
Ryan Air next year - 2 posts
TELEGRAPH newspaper's Spanish Planning Scandal Campaign - 0 posts
SPANISH PROPERTY LAWS ON ILLEGAL PROPERTIES - 15 posts
Morrisons Gibraltar Tobacco - 2 posts
Recommendations for Buildings and Contents Insurance - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x