Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by paige2000 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi all I moved to Los do
Ses vi
Lamartin area a year ago and am loving life here my daughetr and granddaughter are moving over in jan 2012 my granddaughter is 11 and we are really concerned on her settling into a new secondarary school any advise help is there. LocL state school or are they all fee paying very scary time for us all in helping my granddaughter settle in and make friends she speaks little Spanish just basic .many thanks for any help

Like 0      
20 Jul 2011 1:37 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Do some language exchange activities with spaniards and you will gain friends and roots for your grandaughter

I am sure it will work fine!

Kindest,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Jul 2011 1:30 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We have a really in depth ebook that cover the whole schools and education system here in Spain, including making the tough decisions of private vs state schools:

Schools in Spain ebook

Hope that helps...tough decisions schools are!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 3:15 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

We brought our son here two years ago and he went into year 6, repeated it as all new to Spanish language do and is moving on this year at the age of 12 nearly 13. In Murcia area children can repeat years 2,4 and 6. As far as I know they may be asked to repeat any year of secondary school.We have a great Spanish tutor who continues to work with him in the Summer also. 

We find schools here are happy places and the teachers are very helpful. If your granddaughter does not mind the first few months of feeling a bit 'lost' in the class( the schools often withdraw from class and give extra Spanish) the benefits of living here far outweigh the pressures in the UK. not least the calmness, good disciplne and outdoor lifestyle. They grow up bi-lingual too!

Alternatively there are great fee paying English speaking schools. It is worth finding out about these too. All welcome visitors and are happy to show you around.

Daveil

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 4:05 PM by paige2000 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi thank you for that lovely positive message much appreciated I think once she is settled she will love it she's here now and doesn't want to go back ..does anyone know what state schools and fee schools are local to Los Dolses so I can maybe go and talk to them kind regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bureau de change Torrevieja, at last - 3 posts
Should we have the original Escritura de Compraventa (title deed) if we have completed with no mortgage - 10 posts
Sun beds - 2 posts
CPS check Spain - 5 posts
Tax advice on moving to Spain - 2 posts
sewage! - 6 posts
Moving To Estepona - 1 posts
Currency Exchange - 1 posts
disco equipment - 0 posts
walkie talkies adult - 0 posts
A.D CLAIMS & LITIGATION MANAGEMENT - 2 posts
Big Mat - 6 posts
For Justin - 5 posts
Beaches on Costa - 11 posts
Grant Application in Asturias - 0 posts
Certificate of conformity for Spanish registered car - 8 posts
Fortecstar 1.8m Sat Dish in Northern Spain - 2 posts
Newbie - 0 posts
For sale - 0 posts
info for the legal system in Spain - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 0 posts
Dog hotel: Santander - 0 posts
Is it a good idea holding large amounts of cash in Spanish banks? - 4 posts
Student VISA trouble - 0 posts
Malaga Airport Cercanias Station - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x