Certificate of conformity for Spanish registered car

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help.  I have a friend who has just moved to France from the UK.  Before she and her husband left, they bought a LHD car which was registered in Spain.  She is now trying to reregister the car in France, but the French authorities won't accept the 'Certificate of conformity'  she obtained in the UK - they say she must get one from Spain.  She has emailed Renault Spain to see if they can help, but they haven't replied yet.  Does anyone know how she can get this certificate?

TIA

Kathy

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 11:26 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi...

Your friend will have to be patient I think and await a response from Renault Espana.

I think the reason that the French won't accept the C.of C. obtained in England is that it was probably written around a car designed for the UK. Obviously there are considerable differences between a UK car and a European car; not least of which is the fact that with an UK car the steering wheel is on the wrong side, plus there are differences in the lighting set up.

Best advice woulld be keep plugging away at Renault; they are notoriously bad at responding to customer enquiries irrespective of the country in which they are based.

Like all car manufacturers, all they are interested in is selling new cars and making a fortune by recommending that some parts be replaced at specific intervals and then making those 'necessary' replacement parts / spares very expensive.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
19 Jul 2011 12:07 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

I may be wrong.

I don't think you 'just get one'.  You would need to provide Renault with the full vehicle Id, ie, vin number etc, these days a COC is linked to a specific vechicle.

This would come from the manufacturer in France and be valid thoughout the eu for re registration purposes, the car would have been manufactured in France and supplied to Spain, unless it was modified for it's time in the UK I don't think you will have a problem.

Probably a good idea to pop into the local Renault delaer in France and ask them to get it.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2011 1:56 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

quote...

the car would have been manufactured in France and supplied to Spain,

Team GB.... Sorry but I have to disagree with the above statement... It depends entirely on the model of Renault being discussed; see this link http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/emcc/automotivemap/renault.htm.

kathym...

If you can establish what the VIN No of the vehicle is you can check on the net to establish the full manufacturing details.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
19 Jul 2011 8:55 AM by ELIZA Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

i BROUGHT A SPANISH VECHILE TO THE UK.

TOOK IT TO A MAJOR TESTING STATION HERE WHERE IT WAS TESTED TO UK CONFORMITY 190.00 POUNDS  sva TEST

SO I IMAGINE THE FRENCH SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME

Like 0      
19 Jul 2011 9:27 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Foxbat

I take your point.

However the point I was trying to make was that the COC is linked to a specific vehicle and you can't just 'get one' or have one written. I would of thought that in this case you would obtain the certificate from either Renault HQ in France or the main Renault office in the country of first registration, in this case Spain -  irrespective of where the vehicle was manufactured

Like 0      
19 Jul 2011 1:50 PM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

Thank you all for your replies.  I will pass them on to my friend.  Hopefully, I'll get to know the outcome, which might help someone else in future!

Kathy

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 6:27 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

they can be ordered online at Eurocar.es

I bought mine from a local dealer, just emailed him and I expect he can provide it as well, for a fee that is

rob

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2013 8:47 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

I would imagine that this document must be similar to the perito's report which you must get when importing a UK car into Spain. (In my case, he didn't even see the car, just checked the V5, charged 80euros and issued the certificate!)

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fortecstar 1.8m Sat Dish in Northern Spain - 2 posts
Newbie - 0 posts
For sale - 0 posts
info for the legal system in Spain - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 0 posts
Dog hotel: Santander - 0 posts
Is it a good idea holding large amounts of cash in Spanish banks? - 4 posts
Student VISA trouble - 0 posts
Malaga Airport Cercanias Station - 6 posts
Who would buy a place in Spain now??? - 3 posts
The Euro Weekly News Online - 1 posts
Dacion en Pago - 37 posts
A debate on Capitalism - 60 posts
ELECTRICT SCRUBBER FOR USE OUTSIDE - 1 posts
Dation in payment with shortfall - 5 posts
Just finished RAce For Life :-) - 5 posts
Wanted bunk beds. - 0 posts
Is It Better To Buy or Rent Property in Spain ?? - 58 posts
Purchasing a property with a UK company - 31 posts
WANTED RIVIERA DEL SOL - 1 posts
Power limiter (ICP) endesa - 2 posts
Best UK post codes for Humax Foxsat HD 500GB - 2 posts
On the Rocks - 0 posts
Poetry.. This is my favorite English poem ...Please comment - 5 posts
Did Your Bank Fail the Stress Test? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x