Hooray, I have got my deposit back - Thanks to Costaluz Lawyers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by PainOfSpain Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I want to start by thanking Maria, Steven and rest of the team at Costaluz Lawyers for helping in getting my deposit back successfully.

I had bought an off plan villa in Correlejo, Fuerteventura) in November 2004. It was my dream to retire there eventually. Paid 30% deposit, but the development was delayed and lots of promised things did not materialse a year later than the release date.

I asked the lawyers (recommended by the agents) to start recovering my deposit as the developers did not fulfill the contract as per agreed dates and specifications. I was horrified and dismayed at the lack of any support or advise from my lawyer and even after another year, they have not done anything concrete. I was constantly chasing them for answers, but there were none. It was very stressful and frustrating experience for the whole family. Our hard earned money as well as dreams seemed to have disappeared. Didn't know what to do or who else to ask for help or advise.

We had given up all hopes in recovering the deposit and then thought about changing our lawyers as last effort. After going through lots of forums, we had decided to seek services of Maria, Costaluz Lawyers. From first day, I was very impressed at professionalism and positive attitude of Maria and team. Maria assured me that I have a good case and will be able to recover my deposit. Communication was excellent throughout and was given regular updates on the case.

Maria had started litigation and have succussfully won the case. Six months ago, I received my deposit and last month I received interest. I am very releived person and this was made possible by Maria and her team. I am very greatful to Costaluz lawyers for ending my nightmare and trully appreciate all their hard work.

A very big THANK YOU to Steven for all hard work in communicating regular updates on the case.

Bhavin

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 12:40 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Wonderful news Bhavin and well done Maria and team. So pleased for you

Could you expand a little on the detail of your case as this would assist others.

Did you evoke a Bank Guarantee? Did the developer appeal? Were you subjected to long court delays? etc

You must be so relieved.....

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 10:57 AM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Great news Bhavin.  I am so pleased for you.

Well done María and the team.

It is great to read these positive stories.  They give us the confidence and positivity to continue with the fight!

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 11:47 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It is refreshing to read something positive like this!

Well done to Maria and the team and congratualtions to a very relieved and happy Bhavin.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 11:54 AM by sauzee Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Bhavin,

Glad to hear Maria and her team helped you retrieve your deposit with interest.   Can I ask - did you have a Bank Guarantee ?   Were you awarded legal costs ?   How much a percentage was the interest   4% or 6%  or less  ?

Sauzee

Like 0      
03 Jul 2011 10:25 AM by PainOfSpain Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone.

It is frustrating at best of time, but I would urge all those going through long legal process to pursue with it and it will bear fruit eventually. I had lost faith in Spanish legal system and lawyers, but I am glad I found honest and good Costaluz Lawyers.

I did have a Bank Guarantee, but it had an expiry date on it. To my horror, it expired a month before the contract can be terminated. I discovered this when I asked the original lawyers that we have Bank Guarantee and we can get the deposits back via this and was told that Bank Guarantee is not valid anymore as it has expired.

When I asked Maria that I have Bank Gurantee that has expired, she said that Bank Guarantee cannot expire and ignore the date on it. The litigation was against Bank Guarantee provider as the developers had gone bankrupt. They did apeal but were unsuccessful. In total, I would say that after starting litigation, it took around 1.5 to 2 years. 

Like 0      
03 Jul 2011 10:28 AM by PainOfSpain Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Sauzee - The interest awarded was 6% as this was in the contract. I have got the deposit and interest retuned now. Not sure about the Legal Costs yet.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2011 10:10 PM by rayzor Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

That's a fantastic result  Well done you, nice to hear something positive for a change 

All these positive stories about Maria and her team have encouraged me to contact her with
a query. 

So well done and thanks

Like 0      
18 Aug 2011 12:27 PM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

And one of the morals of this is..

If you are a good, honest lawyer who does all she/he can to help her/his clients towards the best result acheivable....your clients will appreciate your efforts and recomment your services to others.  It's a no brainer really.

That's the best news we've had on this site for a long time Bhavin. Well done for seeing your case to the end and not giving up and well Done Maria's firm for all your hard work.  It's great to know there are decent, honest, hardworking lawyers in Spain. If we ever buy a property in Spain again, we'll definitely use your services.

Mag

Like 0      
18 Aug 2011 2:48 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks to you all.

We just do what we have to do and what clients deserve.

Cheers!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

palmera properties - 2 posts
Are total block to view hedges around communal pools legal - 11 posts
Babysitter wanted! - 2 posts
Clients care job in Algeciras - 0 posts
Which Telephone Company In Spain??? - 4 posts
Property Help - 1 posts
Article on Newbie Ex-pats - 2 posts
Urbanisations & abandoned vehicles - 6 posts
85 euros one way - 12 posts
Wanted: a new mobile phone... - 0 posts
For Sale two single bed base's silver - 1 posts
Roda Gold - threatening to sue for breach of contract because I cannot complete - 10 posts
could someone tell me what FRACT: means please - 5 posts
local house tax suma - 7 posts
Chris Barber - Have you seen this fraudster? - 2 posts
Cleaner - 3 posts
Leather shop Fuengirola - 5 posts
AVE discout prices - 2 posts
EndessaElectric Bill - 0 posts
Language - 25 posts
Legal tip 554. Debt reductions by Courts - 0 posts
Two silver single bed frames only - 0 posts
Pages not displaying properly in iPad - 1 posts
la herencia de casares - 5 posts
Finally here! - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x