Are total block to view hedges around communal pools legal

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by amron Star rating in Alfaz del Pi. 7 posts Send private message

On our complex there is a  5 foot mesh fence with a thick 6 foot hedge around the swimming pool, is this legal?

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 11:54 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I think it's quite common for communities to enclose the pool area with a nice hedge.

Can you post a picture and maybe we can see what the issue is?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 12:11 PM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

Either way it wouldn't be a planning issue for either a fence or a hedge.  So it would depend on your Comunidad constitution.  But it would be a big surprise if that didn't allow it.  So I would say it's a pretty safe bet that the answer to your question is "yes.  It is legal".

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 12:28 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Amron

Are you saying the fence/hedge is immediately beside the pool meaning that from the community garden it is not possible to see those in the pool meaning there is possibily a safety issue.

I have seen many community put a fence/gate around the pool for safety but it does not obstruct the view.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 12:45 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I know there is a rule somewhere that states that the pool must be inaccesible and protected by a fence hedge or wall to a certain height,i think it is to protect against anyone easily accessing the pool after hours and in the case of any accidents,insurance claims.

I know that a community that i once lived on had to have the walls ballustraded as this was an issue.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 8:25 PM by amron Star rating in Alfaz del Pi. 7 posts Send private message

Hi to all,  the pool can not be seen through the hedge, at night you can see the lights but not through the day, if anyone had an accident it would not be seen, as well as the hedge it does have a mesh fence, which would be suitable for the job, Amron

Like 0      
02 Jul 2011 7:06 PM by amron Star rating in Alfaz del Pi. 7 posts Send private message

02 Jul 2011 7:45 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Your swimming pool, hedge and all, looks delightful. It must be bliss to loaf in it , grab a bit of shade from the hedge, and chill out, sipping a sangria, etc. Exactly what our absent friend Norman no doubt had in mind when he attempted to buy his place in the sun. All I can say is lucky you.

This message was last edited by GuyT on 02/07/2011.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2011 8:53 PM by amron Star rating in Alfaz del Pi. 7 posts Send private message

It's not, the sun is overhead and the hedge stops any breeze also I think it is dangerous as it does have a gate but it is not self shutitng, if someone leaves it open, it stays open, if anyone, not just a child were to be in any sort of dificulties, they would not be seen.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2011 9:09 PM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

It looks good to me as you can control entry to the Pool and minimise noise .I wish it was law to have gated Pools as we get the usual morons wanting to take  a post booze dip at 1.00am in the morning.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2011 9:13 PM by amron Star rating in Alfaz del Pi. 7 posts Send private message

morons wanting to take  a post booze dip at 1.00am in the morning would not be stoped by an open gate but would not be seen.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2011 9:19 PM by amron Star rating in Alfaz del Pi. 7 posts Send private message

I have heard people at 3 am but not able, unless I went round and into the pool area, to identify them

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Babysitter wanted! - 2 posts
Clients care job in Algeciras - 0 posts
Which Telephone Company In Spain??? - 4 posts
Property Help - 1 posts
Article on Newbie Ex-pats - 2 posts
Urbanisations & abandoned vehicles - 6 posts
85 euros one way - 12 posts
Wanted: a new mobile phone... - 0 posts
For Sale two single bed base's silver - 1 posts
Roda Gold - threatening to sue for breach of contract because I cannot complete - 10 posts
could someone tell me what FRACT: means please - 5 posts
local house tax suma - 7 posts
Chris Barber - Have you seen this fraudster? - 2 posts
Cleaner - 3 posts
Leather shop Fuengirola - 5 posts
AVE discout prices - 2 posts
EndessaElectric Bill - 0 posts
Language - 25 posts
Legal tip 554. Debt reductions by Courts - 0 posts
Two silver single bed frames only - 0 posts
Pages not displaying properly in iPad - 1 posts
la herencia de casares - 5 posts
Finally here! - 5 posts
NIE applications by power of attorney - 29 posts
Wealth tax - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x