TIPOA CAR HIRE ALICANTE AIRPORT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by tipoacarhire Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Has anyone used TIPOA  Car Hire ? I believe they are new at Alicante airport.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2011 12:00 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I would presume you know whether they are new or not!  Its all in the name!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2011 12:33 PM by tipoacarhire Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

No , I made a mistake and used this company name as my ID , as mine was already taken . Can I change this ?

Like 0      
10 Jul 2011 7:01 PM by deniadan Star rating in Denia. 8 posts Send private message

deniadan´s avatar

I am the local manager for Alicante and Valencia airport locations for Tipoa Car Hire and the problem of Spanish Car Hire companies are explained in this article at our website:-

http://www.tipoa.com/Car-Hire-News/Fuel-Policy-of-Spanish-Car-Hire-Companies-34.html

Also Alicante airport has undergone a transformation and is getting ready for direct international flights to long haul destinations, the rumour has it. Now when you arrive at the new Alicante terminal just go straight to the Tipoa Car Hire desk and then up the escalator to level one. When you return the rental car take the elevator from level One to Level Four and you are straight into security ( which is not the usual very busy main security ) ... ;-)

Denia Dan the TIPOA man !

This message was last edited by deniadan on 16/07/2011.

This message was last edited by deniadan on 19/07/2011.

This message was last edited by deniadan on 19/07/2011.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2011 12:19 AM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

I have just booked with TIPOA Car Hire at Alicante Airport having read the news item on their web site:

Which begins:

"Full Out / Full Return with our spanish airport rental car supplier. "

On paying the money I find that the reservation has been transferred to Gold Car (at a significant discount) but, you've guessed it the confirmation email states "Full out, empty return" i.e. we will charge you when you pick the car up for a tank of fuel.

Hopefully the station manager for Tipoa can sort this out before I travel. Otherwise a discussion when we get to the airport..

Additionally, why can't rental companies, including Tipoa, make it clear that everything included does not include everything, especially additional insurance to cover windscreen, tyres, danage etc and stste what this will cost, and if it is the policy supplied by the rental company and administered by the rental company, or a seperate policy through a third party company, like the Tipoa company.

All of the rental sites, including the 'comparison' ones manage to hide the true costs. Perhaps I should find a site that compares fuel tank sizes......

Like 0      
23 Oct 2011 12:18 PM by deniadan Star rating in Denia. 8 posts Send private message

deniadan´s avatar

Mike and Helen

Tipoa is an online car hire broker.  Most of the spanish car hire companies supply fuel on a full/empty basis.  On car hire durations of 4 days or more the effect of the full/empty policy is less, in so far as you are more likley to use the fuel originally supplied.  Bigger cars, for example VW Golf or larger usually are supplied by major car companies like Hertz and Avis and these usually come with a full/full policy.  So you have to weigh up, getting a very cheap car/deal (as you have done) versus a more expensve car wth a full/full policy.  With regard to your additional question on Eye on Spain, NO car hire company as part of their standard insurance policy will include damage to tyres, loss of keys or windscreen, so the additional third party polcy is recommended for total peace of mind/coverage.  

Regards Emily (denia spain)

Tipoa Car Hire

This message was last edited by deniadan on 23/10/2011.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2011 12:20 AM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

Emily,

Your reply is interesting and your ability to advertise on Eye On Spain as part of a thread is questionable - are you paying for this space?

I have read through your posts again, and also your web site. And the Mrs Tip graphic.

Whilst there are indications that you are an on-line broker, you also have an airport manager and car hire desk at Alicante. Are you talking about the gold car desk or is it branded Tipoa?

You publish a news item dated 19th September 2011 which is entitled “Fuel Policy of Spanish Car Hire Companies” and includes:

“Full Out / Full Return with our spanish airport rental car supplier.”

The more preferred option is the 'full/full' fuel policy.

“Tipoa Car Hire can offer a full out / full return

But it can’t. The car hire is through Goldcar who have the same policy as all others – if the rental is 3 days or less, then they won’t charge for a full tank of fuel, return it full, and over 3 day it’s full out, empty return.

So Tipoa is offering nothing different and is falsely representing that they are. And of course they then refer to the small print not the big headline when there are complaints.

And they also hide the details of the additional insurance that is not part of their “inclusive no excess” statement against the car hire details, the cost is only mentioned as part of the booking process and not up front.

Whilst I have used Goldcar before (out of San Javier) and would recommend them as a company the fuel policy of the Spanish car hire industry can only be a money making rip-off.

Additionally other sites offer cheaper hire for the same specification vehicle than Tipoa.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2011 8:41 PM by deniadan Star rating in Denia. 8 posts Send private message

deniadan´s avatar

I am simply responding to a post on the forum?

You sound as if you are a competitor...

We can and do offer FULL/FULL but only if the supplier does so. In our case larger cars VW or bigger tend to come with FULL/FULL

Not falsely , simply stating facts.

Goldcar happen to be the worst company and the instigator of the FULL/EMPTY policy.

We do our best to guide customers toward the deal they want.

after all we are TIPOA CAR HIRE !!

Our customer service is second to none....

Emily ( that's NOT me in the video below ;-)

This message was last edited by deniadan on 24/10/2011.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2011 11:10 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

Interesting.

I can assure you that I am not a competitor. Indeed I will not disclose who i am on the forum, a couple of people at roda know and they will see the funny side. Maybe I'll pm you with my website details.

Lets get this right. I go to your web site believing that you offer a Full/Full policy on your Spanish car Hire. The company that you use is Goldcar, "“Full Out / Full Return with our spanish airport rental car supplier.”" and you then publicly state that they are the "Worst Company". Do hope that Goldcar read the forum,  "after all we are TIPOA CAR HIRE !! Our customer service is second to none...."

By the way you might find the graphic funny that you have attached. Others won't. 

Mike

This message was last edited by MikeandHelen on 24/10/2011.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2011 10:49 AM by deniadan Star rating in Denia. 8 posts Send private message

deniadan´s avatar

Mike

Goldcar are just one of the many suppliers we use.

Yes I do hope GOLDCAR read the forum, as they are under pressure to stop this FULL/EMPTY policy.

It's good of you to think of all the other forun readers, especially the ones that wont find the animation funny.

I think this thread has ran it's course ?

Regards

Emily

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

need advice!!!! - 6 posts
Free Calls and cheaper packages better deals than BT in Spain offer - 0 posts
For Fans of Charlton Athletic, Bristol City & Cardiff City - 1 posts
OWNERS OF EDIFICIO CORAL, RIVIERA DEL SOL! URGENT PLEASE - 1 posts
YES! YES! YES! - 7 posts
Hola - 0 posts
TAG Purchase - 4 posts
What is perfect swing ? - 4 posts
La Manga Murcia to Marbella by Car - 2 posts
Palmera properties - 0 posts
There's an uncertainty about Spain's and Europe's future - 14 posts
Public liability insurance - 5 posts
How to overcome parking difficulties in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Help snake - 6 posts
CGT on bond - 2 posts
Wanted, pop up beach canopy - 3 posts
ELEC METER - 1 posts
seafood restaurant reccommendations - 0 posts
Trailer wanted just south of Alicante - 0 posts
Seadoo GTX 185hp Supercharged Jetski - 0 posts
ENTIDAD URBANISTICA DE CONSERVACIÓN - 19 posts
Shutters and Cockroaches-Please Help - 8 posts
Directions to the Sunday Zocco market in Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Customized for Golfers - 0 posts
Cycling club in or around Los Alcazares - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x