Help snake

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by jillhelm1971 Star rating in Jimena de la fronter.... 5 posts Send private message

C:\Users\Jill\Desktop\PICT0002.JPG  Can someone please identify this snake for me,need to know if its venomous????

Like 0      
20 Jun 2011 8:06 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi...

In order to display the picture, you need to put the picture up to photobucket.com,then copy the direct url from that site and copy it into the text of the post.

Or, again, copy the direct url from photobucket, click on the edit / insert image icon in the top row of the post reply window (3rd icon from right) and paste it into the url window of the pop-up that appears.

Alternatively, check out this website... for pics of venomous and non-venomous sankes in Spain.

http://www.ruralspain.info/snakesinspain.htm

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
20 Jun 2011 9:35 PM by jillhelm1971 Star rating in Jimena de la fronter.... 5 posts Send private message

Thanks Fb,ive managed to do that but it wont let me post the picture,i need to be approved??  Whats that all about??

Like 0      
20 Jun 2011 10:30 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Restriction are applied by EOS management until Justin, the boss, has vetted new members. This is largely done to eliminate SPAM posters who frequent this and other forums. Patience is a virtue... especially if Justin is busy!

In the meantime if you check out the link I sent you or just plain google 'Snakes in Spain' I'm sure you will find the answer to your question.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
21 Jun 2011 10:11 AM by jillhelm1971 Star rating in Jimena de la fronter.... 5 posts Send private message

Thank Fb,

I think ive found out what it is now,thanks for your help

J xx

Like 0      
21 Jun 2011 10:19 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Hmmm was about to report don't worry there are no venomous snakes in Spain ... but Googled first just in case ... and scared myself silly!!!!  Apparently there are 13 different snakes found in Spain of which five are venomous ....  .... so glad you posted!!!

All i know is that whenever my gardener spots one he chases after it to play with it (to scare everyone else)  before letting it go somewhere more appropriate. 

Like 0      
21 Jun 2011 10:38 AM by jillhelm1971 Star rating in Jimena de la fronter.... 5 posts Send private message

jajajaja TP1  i knew there were venomous snakes and  the one i took pictures of looked venomous to me but i wanted a second opinion,im glad i did as a friend got a good site for me and it turns out it isnt as the tree is was in now seems to have a few of them living there as there is birds nests which apparently the snakes love,i was more worried for my pets than anything else,so now i know i wont get killed i can make sure the animals stay away!!  Life in the campo is never dull

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CGT on bond - 2 posts
Wanted, pop up beach canopy - 3 posts
ELEC METER - 1 posts
seafood restaurant reccommendations - 0 posts
Trailer wanted just south of Alicante - 0 posts
Seadoo GTX 185hp Supercharged Jetski - 0 posts
ENTIDAD URBANISTICA DE CONSERVACIÓN - 19 posts
Shutters and Cockroaches-Please Help - 8 posts
Directions to the Sunday Zocco market in Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Customized for Golfers - 0 posts
Cycling club in or around Los Alcazares - 0 posts
Pavements being dug in Playa Flamenca - 4 posts
iPlayer to roll out in Westen Europe (at a a cost) - 1 posts
Fluent in spanish? - 2 posts
Ryanair winter flight schedule to murcia? - 6 posts
British government offers hope to property buyers in Spain - 2 posts
Thoughtless neighbour! - 3 posts
Last night we went to Jaans ( if that's how you spell it ) - 2 posts
are lawyers required to keep deposit in special account ? - 3 posts
Wine - 1 posts
HELP PLEASE - 8 posts
ClubstoHire - 0 posts
Spanish qualifications?? - 1 posts
Best Golf Clubs in 2011 ? - 1 posts
estate agent - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x