AIFOS in court again ! ! !

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi,

For those of you who are currently dealing with that scum bag firm, they are up at court again.

The Prosecution is asking four years prison for each of the couple behind AIFOS. A development due to be finished in 2004 never happened. The victims mainly foreign clients paid around 70,000 deposit for an apartment at Hacienda Casares. In total the Prosecution is asking for a total of 8 years in prison for each of the couple.

http://www.diariosur.es/v/20110613/marb ... 10613.html

Like 0      
15 Jun 2011 1:41 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

........yet still us victims end up with nothing, thanks to Aifos getting away for so long with daylight robbery and the hideous court delays.. Even when cases are won against  them and we are awarded our money back by the courts, the lack of justice in the system means that despite the fact they have many properties on their books that could be offered as an alternative to cash, they not only don't pay what the court has demanded as cash or assets, but they start trading again!. 

I have no doubt the corrupt creditors like the banks (no BG's provided in many cases) and others with big wads of black money will come out it ok, while the honest victims will fight for a few scraps in a few years time as 'lesser' creditors.

Bloody sickening, but unless the EU decide to have a conscience and apply pressure to the Spanish government, then what chance of justice for many of us?

Like 0      
16 Jun 2011 1:19 PM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

I will be keeping a close eye in this to find out the date and location of the court hearing. If anyone knows a way - likely speaks Spanish and possibly can do some searching on court websites etc they may be able to find out sooner ?

Depending upon when it is and work/personal commitments I am giving serous thought to going to Spain to attending this trial. I would like the opportunity to be able to give evidence as well agains these people. I would also like the opprtunrty to speak to them as well by seeing if it possible to approach them personally in the court public rooms or even outside the court.. I would like them to know how it feels to lose over 60K -  a huge amount for our family and cash we have worked damned hard for which has simply been stolen from us in our opinion. I doubt it will be possible but I am considering giving it a try !

I will see if there is a way of getting in touch with the Lawyers of the people who are bringing this case agains the Aifos couple and offering my help as a witness.

Others similary affected may wish to consider doing the same.

It seems to me these people have been getting away with pulling the same stunt on numerous developments and I think extra witnesses from similar developments may well help the case agains them.

I am pessmistic about the chances of this couples conviction given 12 months ago they got away with it and no doubt I expect their lawyer may well used that acquital as a precedent reason for dismissing this case.

This message was last edited by johnmfranci5 on 16/06/2011.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2011 2:16 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

johnmfranci

I know just how you feel, but I feel talking to Aifos would probably just be water off a ducks back?. They have screwed so many I would think they are more than used to verbal and written anger and would probably just say 'see you in court'  and we know what a bloody waste of time and money that can be! 

I like the idea of being a witness, but again who would gain?, there is already enough evidence of their crimes to sink a ship!

I feel that the biggest criminals are those who know exactly how we have been cheated by Aifos but have done nothing to help us by forcing them to compensate either by cash or assets.  Despite  the huge amount of times they have been found guilty of serious crime and face possible long jail sentences,  how many of their victims have seen real justice as in deposits returned?

That in itself is unforgivable, but then when  the system you rely on for justice tells you that you have won your case against these  criminals, but then lets you down either by a delayed hearing or non implementation of the court award,  then it's clear that without outside intervention we are stuffed!. We have been betrayed by the very system in place to protect us against known criminals.

It seems nobody in Spain, the UK or the EU is prepared to do the obvious common sense right thing though, despite the massive amount of evidence?.  There seems to be no shame or no conscience from those voted for and in many cases paid handsomly to protect the rights of decent peole against known criminals.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2011 2:30 PM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

Excellent points as usual !

As I said I am considering it only at this point !

Like 0      
17 Jun 2011 4:55 PM by martint34 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

has anybody wrote to their MEP?.. i'm considering it as, i have a court award against this company and as you say they have lots of assets but wont pay up as they are in administration 

Like 0      
17 Jun 2011 6:01 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

martint 34

yes, I would do so if I was you. The more info' out there about the injustice the better, as at least those who should be representing us can't turn around and deny knowledge of the situation.  Sadly it will most likely get you nowhere though. They don't  want  to know. Nobody in the UK, Spain or the EU wants to know sadly who is in a position to force common sense change, though a small amount of MEP's are fighting with us.

We are supposed to abide by the rules and have, but the crooks from the low down developers right through to the justice systems and governments of the EU have no interest in justice for those so clearly cheated in Spain through non implementation of law or court delay or simply corruption.  I think the only slim hope is that either the petitions with their huge amount of evidence are read by someone in the EU who does give a damn, and has enough power to make that feeling worth something?  or someone in the Spanish government makes a connection between the way we are treated and the problems of the Spanish property industry?

Like you, many of us have court awards against  this company, and in many instances the cases were accepted by the courts long before they went under and then started trading again under administration.  It's corruption from the justice system by any other name, but it seems nobody in power will even recognise that, that alone have the balls to do anything about it!

Like 0      
21 Jun 2011 12:47 PM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

http://www.spanishhotproperties.com/en/property-news-item.asp?ID=1000030

Here is the link from last years attempt to get the Aifos owners jailed. Quite incredible they were found not guilty.  If the latest attempt does get to court I wonder if they will repeat the same excuses ?

This message was last edited by johnmfranci5 on 21/06/2011.

Like 0      
21 Jun 2011 1:34 PM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Just read this link and it would appear that AIFOS were masters of deception.

In our particular case we purchased an apartment on the Hacienda Marina complex, in Benalmadena, unfortunately our particular block Las Conchas, was never built.  Consequently from 2004 ( when we paid our deposit) to 2008, our English Agent and AIFOS told us nothing but lies in their progress reports. 

In 2007 we were even given some photographs showing us the interior of how the apartments would look when finished !!!!!

Like 0      
21 Jun 2011 2:24 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Martint34

Here's a website to assist. You just need your postcode.

www.writetothem.com

This message was last edited by ads on 21/06/2011.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2011 3:36 PM by nsmisa Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

Those jokers owe me over £100k and I have spent £16k chasing it !

I cannot believe that they are allowed to hide from us Creditors, behind the shield of the Administrators, whose fees will no doubt outstrip any capital that is eventually cobbled together, leaving us with nothing? Sick of the whole thing now after 7 years of bull !

This message was last edited by nsmisa on 26/06/2011.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2011 4:49 PM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi NSMISA,

We are sorry to hear that you are one of AIFOS's victims, but we must keep up the struggle and not give in.

Could I point out that it would be most helpful if you would add your losses to the list of evidence that RAMBI is collating.

It comes under the heading of 185 million euros in "off plan " deposits..................

Thanks the more information gathered the better.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

sevillana-endesa - 1 posts
BBC 1 HD signal has disappeared - 1 posts
quad bike wheels & tyres - 0 posts
Corruption matters - 2 posts
Villa Ibiza - 1 posts
International School in Campo de Gibraltar - 34 posts
The Ambassador talking. - 7 posts
Aifos owners face prison (Again) ? - 2 posts
Developers appeal against decision...who knows? - 11 posts
getting license de obra for ibiza villa - 10 posts
How do I close a joint bank account for my mother and late step father - 0 posts
Hot air balooning in Andalucia. Help please. - 1 posts
Another newbie.......... - 5 posts
Reading SOME posters posts lately .. - 3 posts
do i need an nie - 9 posts
Good News For Investors - 0 posts
Los Alcazares bike hire - 4 posts
Bank Fee's please Help - 5 posts
Income tax in Spain - 2 posts
Desperate developer or just creative? - 3 posts
CAR RENTAL EXCESS INSURANCE CHARGES - 6 posts
BREAD FLOUR - 7 posts
Voting and Democracy at Community Meetings - 21 posts
Obtaining a Spanish birth certificate - 10 posts
Another Win For Costaluz Lawyers - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x