do i need an nie

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by paris Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

My son is coming to work in spain, he has  been offered a bar job will ne need a NIE.

THANKS

Like 0      
12 Jun 2011 6:10 PM by gestoriasalvador Star rating in Almería. 9 posts Send private message

gestoriasalvador´s avatar

You don't explain too much...

I think that what he'll surelly need is a work & residence permit. He has to go to the spanish embassy in your area to apply for it.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2011 7:12 PM by prosky Star rating in Costa del Sol. 13 posts Send private message

prosky´s avatar

Hi Paris.

Your son will need the NIE to legally work in Spain, i presume he is from within the EU, if not he will need more, And also lots of bar's and restaurants do not offer contracts, Which is illegal, 

But he can ask his emplyer! there are threads within this forum on NIE, But he may need to wait a few weeks for one, After first going to a Nation police station.

Regards,

Carl.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2011 10:01 PM by paris Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

THANKS FOR THAT, WE  ARE ENGLISH SO IT LOOKS LIKE HE WILL HAVE TO BUY AN NIE.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2011 10:17 PM by prosky Star rating in Costa del Sol. 13 posts Send private message

prosky´s avatar
Hi Paris. You do not need to buy one! Go to the National police station closest to you and queue up for sometimes a while, so about 8am would be best, I live in Fuengirola and didn't have to queue for long and I went at 10am, got an appointment for 2 days later! But 12 years ago I had to queue for 2 hours and didn't get in, and tried the following day but things have changed. You will be given forms to fill out and they will tell you what to bring back, Passport and photo's etc. Regards, Carl.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 12:28 AM by paris Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Thats good news he will have to get help to  fill in the forms, he can only just about read english, never mind spanish.lol

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 12:22 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

If he is going to be on a contract he will do, easiest way to get it if he is not here yet is through the Spanish consulate.

Here are the details:

Spanish Consulate in London

20 Draycott Place
South Kensington, London SW3 2RZ, Reino Unido
020 7589 8989

Joan

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 12:59 PM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

Depends where he lives in the UK.  If it's the north of England, he will need to go to the Consulate in Manchester.  But I wouldn't advise it anyway. The Consulate does not issue NIEs.  It will help make sure the paperwork is in order and will then send the application to Madrid after which you will be told to address all enquiries to the Madrid office.  The Consulate will not get involved once they've sent it to Madrid.  And you're talking a good three months on average - if there's no complications.

My advice would be to find out whether he's going to be given a contract.  If so, his employer will probably get his gestor to help sort his NIE.  If not and he's being paid on the black, he doesn't need a NIE.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 1:59 PM by paris Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

We live near manchester but he flys out in the morning, into Murcia were i have property i do not think he will be getting a contract he will only stay for the summer. i cant see all these people how outside these bars tyring go you into  their bar having an nie.and the police see it going on all the time.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 2:22 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

If there is no work contract than he will not need one, the bar will ask him for one if they want to declare him, he can apply for one on the same day at the local police station anyways, he will need to fill in a form and also pay around €15 at the bank they tell him they normally give it to you on the same day or a couple of days later.

What i would recomend is to make sure he has his international medical card just in case he may require any medical treatment at all during his stay as this can be quite a nightmare otherwise.

Joan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Good News For Investors - 0 posts
Los Alcazares bike hire - 4 posts
Bank Fee's please Help - 5 posts
Income tax in Spain - 2 posts
Desperate developer or just creative? - 3 posts
CAR RENTAL EXCESS INSURANCE CHARGES - 6 posts
BREAD FLOUR - 7 posts
Voting and Democracy at Community Meetings - 21 posts
Obtaining a Spanish birth certificate - 10 posts
Another Win For Costaluz Lawyers - 5 posts
Lazy Z Spa hot tub - 2 posts
SEGWAY FOR HIRE - 0 posts
WHERE TO PAY TAXES - 10 posts
Reposession by Cambank - 12 posts
U.K. in Spain - 4 posts
spanish personal tax allowances - 8 posts
How do I contact Ryanair? - 23 posts
buying a car with outstanding taxes and an embargo - 2 posts
Selling a property - 0 posts
Spain Local Guide Marketplace - 0 posts
Death certificate help - 1 posts
Wireless Speaker adaptor for Desktop PC - 0 posts
Illegal Rentals - 6 posts
Setting up a business in Spain / Importing into Spain - 2 posts
The EU - PROTECTING THE RIGHT TO PROPERTY - SEMINAR - 61 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x