Trains

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by mnj Star rating in L.A. Murcia . 37 posts Send private message

has anyone infor about train times & cost for train from Madrid to Balsicas

Like 0      
02 Jun 2011 8:02 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Try renfe.com  This may give you what you are looking for.

Daveil

Like 0      
02 Jun 2011 8:47 PM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

mnj,

We are doing Balsicas to Madrid return,  obtained a great rate by booking through the Renfe website and not waiting until the day and purchasing a return ticket at Balsicas station.

On the day price 58.00 euros each way, booking in advance price 19.40 euro each way.

The1st train form Balsicas leaves 05:44  arrives Madrid 10:05,

Renfe website http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Hope that is of some help.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2011 9:51 AM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

We did this trip but from Alicante (don't know why as  Balsicas is much nearer).  For around Euros 60 you can go first class and that includes a three course meal, newspaper and a film.  We thought it was well worth the extra money.

This message was last edited by JazII on 03/06/2011.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2013 9:59 AM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hello all

Does anybody have information on the train that takes you from San Roque to Ronda ie times, prices etc?  Our intended dates are late July.  We have driven up there from San Pedro previously and really enjoyed the beautiful scenery and watching all those fantastic birds on the journey but this time we would like to try the train as we believe that way is even better.  Hope somebody can help.

Jojan

Like 0      
28 Apr 2013 10:34 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Jojan

Yes its a nice trip

Renfe website will give you all the info its on the Antequera - Algeciras route

See here

www.renfe.com/viajeros/index.html

Like 0      
28 Apr 2013 10:49 AM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

If your going to do it, go first class, it only costs a little more and you get a good meal, and drinks included.

Air Conditioning, Energy Assessor+Technical Services,

chris@homecomforts.es   

http://www.homecomforts.es/

Like 0      
28 Apr 2013 11:10 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Don't forget that if you are pensioners get a pensioners rail card and pay second class rates but travel 1st class with the usual extras. Also if you bank with Bankia they offer a card for discounted rail fares. There is a small charge but worth it if you use the trains a couple of times a year

Like 0      
28 Apr 2013 11:15 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

The train service in Spain is excellent - I believe it's heavily subsidised by the government.  They call their first class "preferente" and unlike British rail it's really worth the extra. 

But if you're aged over 60 you can get a "Tarjeta Dorada" which gives you a substantial discount on the standard fares.  You just go to your local station with your passport and pay 5 euros or so, for the annual discount card.

We're planning to use the high speed jobby later in the year - should be an experience and amazingly well priced.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2013 12:48 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

hi jazil

as i have limited spanish can you tell me how to go about

booking the first class ticket.

when I go onto the renfe website it shows 4 different prices for the same train

also 2 columns 1 saying turistica  and i saying preferente with even higher

prices.

can you explain it to me

many thanks

coolyes

Like 0      
28 Apr 2013 1:08 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

AT the top of the Renfe homepage hit "welcome" and it goes to English.

Juan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving within Spain - 1 posts
Palmera Properties - Almeria - Las Torres apartments and Townhouses..................... - 0 posts
Car Wanted - 0 posts
Would be GOOD if members posted when their items were sold! - 0 posts
Cannondale Mens Racing Bike - 1 posts
Ferrari Owner´s Club of Andalucia visit Manilva - 2 posts
1.9m satalite dish wanted - 1 posts
iPlayer in Spain - 20 posts
moving to costa del sol - 6 posts
VISA scam - Please read. - 2 posts
TRANSLATERS - 2 posts
More Tenants From Hell - 0 posts
changes over the years - 5 posts
Non Resident Certificate 2 yearly payment - 3 posts
End of contract - 2 posts
Claiming social security - 2 posts
My Inheritance Nightmare! - 30 posts
Hola! - 2 posts
EX16 Form TIE Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero - 7 posts
A member of ours here, Tinasolera has been nominated for Coastrider Pride of Spain 2011. Vote for our Tina! - 2 posts
New Murcia Tram DSystem is Open - 1 posts
P.A.D. ANIMAL RESCUE - 0 posts
Thule Evolution 700 Car Roof Box - 0 posts
Thule Rapid System Car Roof Bars with Locks - 0 posts
Problem with delivery my order - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x