VISA scam - Please read.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by musketeera Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I've chosen the wrong section to use.

Yesterday I received a text message saying that my visa card had been blocked and it was my final warning to get it unblocked by using a website. I did go to the page and noticed immediately there was neither an indication as to which bank or a security symbol so I left it and contacted my local bank to ask whether this was a scam.

It is and a serious one, so far three British residents have been targeted in the Andalucia region.

If you receive this text message report it to your bank and if you have given over your details to a website not containing the name of your bank once again contact the bank that issued your card to report that you have given your details out on a particular card.

Please tell your friends and neighbours about this.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2011 11:54 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks for the heads up.

I had Telefonica ringing me other other day and they were asking me some questions, including my NIE number, bank number, etc.  I gave them nothing even though it was actually them!

You just never know so if in doubt always so NO.

I never trust any emails, text messages or phone calls.  Normally important stuff comes through the post and then I'll nip down to the bank to see them about it.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Jun 2011 8:52 AM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Regardless of whether there is a bank logo, never give your user name and password on these web sites. Unless you have entered your banking web site via your normal route, do not give personal details. The banks would never ask you to enter them for validation in this way.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TRANSLATERS - 2 posts
More Tenants From Hell - 0 posts
changes over the years - 5 posts
Non Resident Certificate 2 yearly payment - 3 posts
End of contract - 2 posts
Claiming social security - 2 posts
My Inheritance Nightmare! - 30 posts
Hola! - 2 posts
EX16 Form TIE Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero - 7 posts
A member of ours here, Tinasolera has been nominated for Coastrider Pride of Spain 2011. Vote for our Tina! - 2 posts
New Murcia Tram DSystem is Open - 1 posts
P.A.D. ANIMAL RESCUE - 0 posts
Thule Evolution 700 Car Roof Box - 0 posts
Thule Rapid System Car Roof Bars with Locks - 0 posts
Problem with delivery my order - 0 posts
holiday apartment not a house?? - 9 posts
statutes of horizontal law - 1 posts
24 HOURS LEFT: SIGN THE OPEN LETTER TO DAVID LIDINGTON - 9 posts
Minimums for tax - 9 posts
InSpain TV - 3 posts
How to complaining about Administrator and Presidents running of AGM - 2 posts
mire - 1 posts
Raleigh Tucana Mountain Bike for sale - 7 posts
Harbour lights! - 3 posts
Items for sale - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x