Potential Legal Problems With Car I Dont Own

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2011 12:00 AM by BigWilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

Hey Everyone.

About 3 years ago i lived in Sotogrande and moved away.

Out of the blue i get an email from the administration of the community i lived in saying that they are taking legal action against me to me to remove an abandoned car.

Only problem is i dont even know if this is a spanish or english car and only know that its a jeep because thats all they said in the email.

They keep saying `your car` but my car is a mercerdes parked in my drive outside my window

this is the email.

email start----------------------

Ref. JEEP CHEROKEE ABANDONED , GIB- 85394

Dear (my name removed)

We hereby inform you that the administration of the Community of Owners El Polo de Sotogrande is going to began
the legal procedure for requesting the collection and  removal of  your car which is parked and abandoned from two years ago, 
owing to the fact that damages and inconveniences that it could cause
in our urbanization.

In witness whereof and for all pertinent purposes, as Administrator signed
Jose Luis Muñoz Zunzunegui
Community of Owners El Polo de Sotogrande

DMZ- Despacho Muñoz Zunzunegui
C/ Agentes Comerciales, 1
11202 Algeciras, Cádiz
Tel. 956 660 993, Ext. 211

email end------------------

i dont know how they got my email because it was my person email thats never published.

Do you think these are just andalucian pikeys trying to chance their arm and fleece some money out of me or is it something to take seriously?

What i am worried about is 2 years of legal bills before some spanish solicitor realises actually i dont own the car or ever owned the car and know nothing about it.

Like 0      
16 May 2011 8:52 AM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

If you are in the UK I would get a solicitor to send them a letter stating that you do not own the vehicle and never have

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
16 May 2011 8:54 AM by BigWilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply.

I am in spain

does that make it any different?

Like 0      
16 May 2011 10:11 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

If you Google the law firm's name it seems to be a real one.

I would simply write back and state that the car is not yours and therefore has nothing to do with you.

If it's not your car you really have nothing to worry about, it seems they've simply got the wrong person.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 May 2011 10:57 AM by BigWilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

Thanks for your advice both of you.

I replied back as soon as i got the emai asking if it was a mistakenly sent message
(obviously because i never owned the car) and i will see what they come back with.

I will keep you updated.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tax implications for Renting my Apartment - 0 posts
Hope someone can help!! - 8 posts
Moving to spain - help - 2 posts
long term rental ?????????? - 3 posts
fuegirola car impound - 0 posts
Frienldy, reliable cleaning and key holding etc required for two apartments in Guardamar - 3 posts
SENDING MONEY BACK TO THEV UK - 6 posts
illegal houses in spain - 0 posts
Transferring property into sole name - 14 posts
Car Insurance - 4 posts
Beach Front Properties - Subject to Depreciation - 4 posts
Troublesome pet - 1 posts
european law - 0 posts
That Wedding.... - 1 posts
Wanted - Catering equipment - 0 posts
La Caixa Bank Guarentee that is unpaid - 7 posts
Not Signs of the Times - 0 posts
Direct debit payments for Community fees - 5 posts
No bank guarantee - La Caixa obliged to refund deposits. - 0 posts
Guardia at Manilva - 3 posts
car info - 4 posts
PROPERTY TAXES FOR NON RESIDENTS - 8 posts
ILLEGALLY HOUSES IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Joe Molloy - 1 posts
Grandfather Colcks in Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x