Ferguson Ariva 100E Set Up

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 May 2011 12:00 AM by blue exile Star rating in Lancashire and Quesa.... 9 posts Send private message

Can anyone help,i have a Ferguson Ariva 100e but for some reason when i tried it out here in the UK it would only load certain channels from the sky satelites it will only find channels that are free and not the ones like sports discovery and so on. Is this just a problem in the UK or will this happen in Spain as i was told this reciever can be used with my own Sky card and will read all channels. Any help would be a great help.

Like 0      
11 May 2011 9:41 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

when you get it to scan for channels you get various options:

FTA ONLY - YES /  NO - set to NO will scan for all channels PAY and Free - set to YES will scan for just the free to air chanenls

SCAN CHANNEL: allow you to scan TV, radio, or tv + radio channels.

Network Search - YEs No - Put this onto YES - as this will download a full transponder / frequency list fromt he satellite and make sur the receivers lists of frequencies is uptodate.

Scan Mode - Full, FAst, Blink - leave this on Full.

So if you want the FTA AND PAY channel make sure FTA ONLY is set to NO when you do a scan - as that is why you are only seeing the free channels!

Note that there are one or two channels that this receiver CANNOT use a Sky card on (PICK TV, Irish C4s on frequency 12480)  - as Sky put some new code on those channels in a test for anticardsharing. I dare say that if this is deemed successful then that code will be applied to ALL channels. So although it can read a sky card, and give you your Sports and Movie and HD channels, Sky are aware and implimenting things to stop Sky cards being used in NON sky receivers, so in the short term it may be a good receiver, but things will change and it may not work well IF Sky impliment these changes to all channels.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
11 May 2011 10:27 PM by blue exile Star rating in Lancashire and Quesa.... 9 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info i will check out all those details that you have said and hopefully it will all work out. Thanks.

Like 0      
16 May 2011 11:30 AM by blue exile Star rating in Lancashire and Quesa.... 9 posts Send private message

Satandpcguy, thanks for your info yes everthin now loaded up with all my channels Cheers.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2012 8:16 AM by hailfuzz Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Blue Exile, where did you buy the 100E , I've been looking for one for the same purpose but can't find one on line to buy ??

cheers

Like 0      
01 Feb 2012 6:57 PM by blue exile Star rating in Lancashire and Quesa.... 9 posts Send private message

Halifuzz, as you can see by the time of my first post on this subject i got my Arriva box some 12 months ago.I found this on E-bay as it doesn't seem that you can by them anywhere in the U.K , all i can tell you is that i got it from a polish gent living in the UK who gets them sent over from his homeland, if i can find his name i will send it to you but to be honest i dont know if he is still trading.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2012 7:04 PM by blue exile Star rating in Lancashire and Quesa.... 9 posts Send private message

Halifuzz, go to E-bay and the sellers name is polskatelewizja hope this helps looks like he is still selling them.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2012 10:40 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

maybe hard to find since they have been superceded by the 200's

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
02 Feb 2012 8:57 AM by blue exile Star rating in Lancashire and Quesa.... 9 posts Send private message

Satandandpcguy, regarding the arriva box i am not a expert in these things that why i ask you about my setup diddn't look what he was selling just that he is still a seller. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Earthquake near Lorca Murcia - 42 posts
Renault Scenic for sale - 0 posts
Transfer to another bank - 3 posts
(Spanish) Choirs in Almeria Province... - 0 posts
New Car hire company - 4 posts
Anyone know how to write a possessive pronoun in Spanish? - 15 posts
Apple iMac For sale - 3 posts
iberdrola in pilar horadada - 10 posts
Guitar for Sale - 1 posts
Barclay Capital's view of the Property Roadshow of the Spanish Ministry of Public Works - 0 posts
WHAT ARE THE FINES FOR NOT SUBMITTING TAX RETURN - 4 posts
Declaración de la renta - 1 posts
Looking for reputable TV man to install Spanish antenna in Calahonda area - 5 posts
Cost of prescriptions - 1 posts
Delivery from England (Manchester) to Costa Blanca Villa Martin area (July) - 2 posts
Deliveries from England (Manchester) to Costa Blanca Villa Martin area - 1 posts
Renault Trafic Van For Sale - 0 posts
Tax thresholds in Spain - 2 posts
Spanish seasonal lease contract - 4 posts
Spanish Road Tax - 1 posts
Good old Green Hills - 8 posts
Changing address for car tax reminder - 2 posts
needing help with fireworks in Marbella - 1 posts
Road works near Mijas - 2 posts
Wantingto buy - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x