Alicante to Valencia train

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2011 12:00 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Just read on Costa Blanca news website about proposed new High speed rail link between El Altet (Alicante airport) and Valencia.

Anyone know any more ?   Is this an expansion of the existing Alicante to Denia Tram line or a complete new one ?

Any ideas on timescales / routes ?

Sounds potentially good news for airport links for me at Calpe, hopefully, fingers crossed

Like 0      
06 May 2011 7:13 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Well, the map I saw a short while ago indicated that the route was nowhere near Marina Alta (ie the Denia link) but seemed to go via Alcoy. No luck there then for us marooned here!

Like 0      
11 May 2011 11:59 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Just found this on another forum:

Re: High Speed Rail Link - Alicante to Valencia

I found this through "translate" on www.darioinformacion.com sounds like it goes beside ap-7:
The train from Valencia to Alicante will be divided into three sections. The first two, Cullera, Gandia, Denia and Gandia, shall implement the Ministry of Development, while Dénia, Alicante assume the Generalitat, as well as the stretch Gandia-Oliva, which is already public information and the approved environmental impact statement .
The solution proposed in the draft agreement to be signed by both governments define the proposed railway line between Benidorm-Alicante-Valencia, exclusively for the carriage of passengers, standard gauge and a reference speed of 200 kilometers per hour. The corridor would follow the path opened by the AP-7 and begins on the Alicante stretch La Encina-line high-speed Madrid-Valencia, in the municipality of Alicante, to Pedreguer, where a point near the border with the town of Denia connecting with the connection to Valencia.
The total length of this stretch between Alicante and Denia will be 88.941 km, of which 9.130, 10.3 percent of the total, under a section of tunnel, of which there are provided a total of twelve for the entire project, and the rest surface platform.. For all of the line between the two provincial capitals, the extension amounts to 180 miles that separate them.
At the Council said yesterday the intention that the protocol between the two administrations will be signed "in the shortest time possible," to give a definitive boost to the project. Y también destacaron que, por su parte, la reserva de espacio esperan que esté del todo concluida en agosto. And also noted that, for its part, the reservation of space expected to be fully completed in August.

Like 0      
11 May 2011 12:14 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

TP1

Interesting development on the previous thoughts (which been in the air for many years). So, to my reading, there will be a new rail link from Denia to Pedrequer which will obviate the need for the extension along the coast from Denia to Gandia?

All in all, we can expect these plans to be mulled over for approximately 25 years and then no doubt shelved! 25 years is beyond my expected life span, regretably,  but there may be hope for the future.

Thank for the useful piece.

Like 0      
11 May 2011 12:39 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

25 years  ... omg i will be well past caring too by then

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

replacing a stolen escatura - 1 posts
Tarjeta de transporte - 2 posts
tenerife tax authorities - 0 posts
Any Creative Writers out there? (Mijas/area) - 1 posts
Roof Box - Fuengirola - 1 posts
schools in Spain - 0 posts
Our recent advert -10%off - 1 posts
Arts and Crafts Market in the Duquesa Port - 0 posts
bank guarantor - 2 posts
mortgage guarantor - 0 posts
house insurance - 0 posts
Help for new arrivals to Spain - 2 posts
getting bus from alicante airport to Guardamar - 13 posts
Portable Gas Fire Wanted - 0 posts
To: Sr. Blanco & Sra. Corredor - 0 posts
Meter readings when selling a property - 3 posts
fs - patio - garen furniture. - 0 posts
Sale of Spanish car - 1 posts
tea rooms - 0 posts
removal of palm tree ASAP - 8 posts
An adventure and an opportunity of a lifetime - 0 posts
Tempted by Tarifa? - 16 posts
RHD Renualt scenic in black 7 seater looking for lhd swap - 1 posts
English sky HD plus newest box for sale plus remote and viewing card - 2 posts
For sale i phone 4 UNLOCKED 16gb - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x