Spanish Government comes to London

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 May 2011 12:00 AM by mike_congress Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Anyone who is involved in any kind of Spanish property scandal, whether it concerns a developer, a lawyer, a bank or other, please read the following announcement of an important imminent event:

'Spanish Government to demonstrate real estate reforms and opportunities to UK investors·

Following a meeting to analyze the Spanish real estate market recovery with large British investors, the Ministor of Public Works, José Blanco, and Housing Secretary, Beatriz Corredor, will be holding a press conference to update UK media.

They will discuss recent reforms in Spanish real estate legislation as well as economic factors such as the stabilization of housing prices which reinforces Spain’s position as an attractive investment opportunity.

Press conference
Date: Wednesday, 4th May, 2011
Time: 11:00
Place: Spanish Embassy, 39, Chesham Place, London, SW1X 8SB'

As we know, literally thousands of British people have been defrauded of vast amounts of money - in some cases their whole life's savings - by unscrupulous Spanish developers and banks.  The Spanish government are now planning a roadshow which will visit the UK in attempt to con yet more British buyers to come to Spain and be robbed of their savings.  Their intention as stated is to try to convince us that it is safe to invest in Spanish property.  This may be our opportunity to insist that they address the issues of all of those who have been denied return of deposits for undelivered properties and been issued with guarantees by banks who have no intention of honouring them when contracts are breached.

Marta Andreasen, MEP, is supporting all victims of Spanish property abuse and will be at the Spanish Embassy on May 4th.  Marta would welcome as much support as possible.  If you are able, please visit the Embassy at the above address on May 4th at 10:30am, to join in a gathering of like-minded people who would like to express their dissatisfaction at the way they have been treated.  Carefully worded banners and similar would be a useful way of displaying your message to onlookers and any media personnel that may attend the venue.

If you require further information, please watch this thread or contact myself, through eye on Spain, or Rob Burberry (Media Advisor to Marta Andreasen)  07859 890573.  Additionally please advise us if you are able to offer support by attending on May 4th.

Like 0      
03 May 2011 2:17 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

That's a bit short notice for me as much as I would like to be there.

Like 0      
03 May 2011 10:19 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I would have LOVED to be have been able to attend this.

I hope Marta gives them a hard time!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 May 2011 10:45 AM by mike_congress Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Hi Sandra, sorry it's a bit short notice - I posted the thread as soon as I got a green light to go ahead, but wanted to be sure first that Marta was comfortable with our involvement. If there is anything to report, I will keep you posted via the forum.

There will be more events in June which will be published as they will be aimed at the public.

Like 0      
03 May 2011 10:55 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_30321.shtml

I would have attented too with a bit more notice, I am flying out of UK tomorrow and would have arranged to fly out from London. Good luck to everyone who manages to make it.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
03 May 2011 11:00 AM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Yes it is very short notice.  I think people need more time to prepare for a demo - banners, leaflets etc.  Also many people need to arrange time off work etc.

But I understand that it is not always possible to give advance notice of these kind of demos.

Anyway, lets hope Marta does give them a hard time!

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
03 May 2011 11:36 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I would have loved to be there too! I Best of lucks for things to progress for the benefit of as many as possible.

Those attending, please take and send pictures!

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 03/05/2011.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 May 2011 1:19 PM by mike_congress Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

As the Spanish ministers are spreading the word that it is safe to invest in Spanish property, and there is judicial support etc when things go wrong, perhaps rather than cancelling the roadshow altogether we could propose to these guys that they include in their shows a clinic whereby we, as victims of their abuses, could have access to a forum of personnel who could look at individual cases and make proposals to resolve existing issues in order to restore the confidence that they so badly need.

This forum may typically be composed of representatives of the banks who have issued guarantees, planning officers who have access to the status of licences, a lawyer, a judicial rep, and someone at ministerial level with authority to enforce action.  This could be combined with a fast track mechanism to quickly resolve 'simple' issues such as bank guarantees/ late deliveries etc.  hence solving their problems re court hearing backlogs etc.

The Spanish want something from us - permission to run a roadshow - David Lyddington should not be just allowing them this unless it be on our terms.  He has negotiating power here and could insist that such a clinic be a part of the show.

There is a possibility that Marta may get to speak to someone tomorrow, I am proposing to her that we ask for a facility along these lines. No clinic - no roadshow! - otherwise lots of demos and negative press.  Any thoughts welcome.

Like 0      
03 May 2011 1:39 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Exactly my thoughts.  I agree with you Mike.

We can use the Road Shows to our advantage.

I know as a victim of the Spanish Property Market people may think it strange that I feel the Road Shows should go ahead but there is and will be a lot of press coverage around the Road Shows and a lot of it is in favour of the victims. 

Let us use this hightened media attention to our advantage.

Let's get our cases heard loud and clear.  By the end of the Road Shows Sr. Blanco and Sra. Corredor should be experts on all the corruption and negligence in the Spanish Propety Sector.

I think we as victims have more to gain by the Road Shows going ahead.  If they are cancelled that will be the end of it and we will lose our opportunity to be heard.

But they should only go ahead as per my Press Release - see below for the relevant section.  The full Press Release is on the thread:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-13144.aspx

FROM THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN / FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP - PRESS RELEASE - 2 MAY 2011:

.........................  María de Castro also has some words of advice for Sr. Blanco, “During the Road Shows Sr. Blanco should meet with the representatives of the victims and establish a plan for them to be refunded.  This may result in these people regaining confidence and wishing to buy in Spain again.  But most surely it will produce more respect for Spain and its politicians if there is real evidence that they are addressing the problems”.

DEMANDS FOR JUSTICE, RECOMPENSE & CHANGE FOR THE FUTURE

Sr. Blanco and the Spanish Government are attempting to highlight the transparency and legal security they claim is present in the Spanish Housing Market. 

We have absolutely no evidence of this transparency or legal security.

We demand the Road Shows are also used to address the property issues of thousands of innocent victims many of whom have found absolutely no results despite suffering years of expensive and stressful legal action through the inadequate Spanish justice system.

We as innocent victims of the Spanish Housing Market demand action and recompense.

We are determined to force accountability, demand justice and ensure change for the future.  We must also warn potential future investors in the Spanish Property Sector of the very real dangers often encountered when purchasing a dream home in Spain.

This
is a very serious situation and Sr. Blanco and the Spanish Government have NOTHING to put on a show about. Before making more empty promises and embarking on a Road Show designed to entice other unsuspecting ‘victims’ into the shambles that is the Spanish Property Sector Sr. Blanco must, together with his government colleagues, address and then rectify the serious injustices that have taken place in their country over the past decade.

OPEN LETTER TO JOSÉ BLANCO LÓPEZ – SPANISH MINISTER FOR PUBLIC WORKS – FROM MICHAEL CASHMAN MEP

On 29 April 2011, Mr Michael Cashman MEP wrote an open letter to Sr. José Blanco calling on him to “take advantage of the time at the Road Shows to address the property issues of tens of thousands of Europeans including British and Spanish property owners”.  Mr Cashman also poses the question to Sr. Blanco, “What about those that have already invested and who, faced with the uncompensated loss of their property, have found absolutely no results through the Spanish legal system?”  The letter concludes with the following words of caution: “I would not advise any investment in Spanish property until this problem is resolved.  I trust the outcome of your visit will bring a light of hope to all these victims”.

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
03 May 2011 2:00 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 517. José Blanco: you can do it! 
03 May 2011 @ 13:55 

According to RightMove, "British interest in buying property overseas is

booming. Enquiries soared by 53 per cent last month, according to figures from

Rightmove Overseas and Moneycorp, with Spain continuing to top the league,

followed by France, the US and Australia"

Just ask Banks to acknowledge their liabilities under 1. segundo of Law 57/68 and you may find a good list of claimers wanting to turn into buyers of these bank´s real estate stocks:

Once the credit is recognised and Banks are open to sell at reasonable prices. It is still time. Just a bit of courage and the decency of calling things by their name is neeed.

Do not start by the end.....first things first.

These acknowledgments will turn frustration into new hopes about Spain.

Talk to Mr. Rule! You will be very happy after this. 

Cheers,

Maria

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 03/05/2011.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 May 2011 4:07 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Claimants turning into buyers of real estate stocks should only be encouraged/exercised once the justice system is proven to be trustworthy, workable and accountable, with inbuilt fair timescale constraints in place to protect the consumer, otherwise those "new" buyers will remain at risk, and any exposed to any further legal complications will just add to the horrendous statistics of those being denied justice in Spain.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

EOS in IE9 - 38 posts
moving where? - 2 posts
House or Apartment required near Malaga Airport - 4 posts
Fire safety in appartments - 0 posts
Iceland is in Vera - 5 posts
Banks - 1 posts
Picture format in HD - 3 posts
Router problem - 3 posts
Had enough now! - 17 posts
Student finance support UK - 0 posts
Those affected by Instant Acess Properties - 0 posts
Osama Bin Laden killed in Pakistan! - 4 posts
Auberge, Benijofar - 10 posts
WANTED: Seville centre(ish) appartment - Sept 2011 to June 2012 - 2 posts
Help! Bees Nest!!!! - 7 posts
Long Term Rental - Quesada - Los Montesinos - El Raso - 2 posts
Borrador - 6 posts
Over three and a half hours of The Royal Wedding, enjoy! - 0 posts
QUESTION RE SPANISH HEALTH SYSTEM - 3 posts
cd player for car needed. murcia/mazarron area. - 0 posts
It isn't just the British - 2 posts
UK couple living near Estepona Looking for friends - 0 posts
Reach the World - 0 posts
Long term rental wanted , Villa country house East of Estapona - 0 posts
Looking to rent house - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x