Weather! Tell me again ...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

The heavy leaden skies leave little choice but to have the home lights on. The rain is steady and the temperature has just this moment struggled to reach 15c. It is less than a week from the 'Merry Month of May'.  There's no end in sight of the longest dreariest Spanish winter in my experience. Others, of all nationalities including Spanish, tend to be in agreement.

I should complain? I feel so sorry for all those businesses dependent upon the weather to get enough customers to pay their bills. Throughout the Costas' the terraces and paseos, esplanades and beaches are deserted. There are no end of events that have been cancelled. Easter has been ruined for so many and the Easter break for incoming tourists has been one long damp squib. It is so disappointing. All I need now is some amateur climatologist to say: "Well actually it is nothing out of the ordinary   ...   "

If this is a typical Spanish winter then I doubt very much that it would be any more popular as a holiday and retirement idyll than say Bournemouth. - Mike

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
25 Apr 2011 11:49 AM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

Dont want it but need it !!!   My fruit and nuts are swelling lovely.  ( and that's not a rude reference  lol  )

Like 0      
27 Apr 2011 6:23 PM by johnnie1uk Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

I believe today is the first day of the rest of the summer

Like 0      
27 Apr 2011 7:03 PM by lavge Star rating in Granada. 19 posts Send private message

It's definately not worse than last year, not in Andalucia at least. I arrived there in January and it didn't stop raining till May. At least this year we have had some nice weather already - even though Easter did just drown. 

Like 0      
28 Apr 2011 12:52 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Last year it was awful.  This year has definitely been better but by no means great, and yes, I am sure several businesses struggle because of this.

Rain forecast again for tomorrow and the next few days .

Great!

Anyway, soon we'll be moaning about how hot it is.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Apr 2011 2:31 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Just back from my Easter break in Arcos. The weather was not great but we got a day or two with a bit of sun. We drove back to Malaga via Ronda and the drive down the mountain towards Marbella was something else. Pitch dark around 5 pm, rain and hail like it was never going to end with a bit of thunder and lightning thrown in. The sun was splitting the stones here at home, of course, or so everyone says. Does anyone remember that charakter in ,,The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'', Rob McKenna, the truck driver who unbeknownst to him is a rain god?

,,And as he drove on, the rain clouds dragged down the sky after him for, though he did not know it, Rob McKenna was a Rain god. All he knew was that his working days were miserable and he had a succession of lousy holidays. All the clouds knew was that they loved him and wanted to be near him ,to cherish him and to water him.''

So long and, Thanks for all the Fish,    Douglas Adams

Say, Rob would not be holidaying in Spain at the moment by any chance?

Like 0      
28 Apr 2011 2:38 PM by johnp-o-neill Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi All

I don't know what everybody is talking about, I was in Andalucia on the 12 th of April and it was 31 degrees it was really really Hot.

Regards

John

Like 0      
28 Apr 2011 2:54 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Maybe you are a Sun god? 

Like 0      
28 Apr 2011 5:08 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

In Andalucia it always rains at some point during Easter week, every year you see on TV that some of the processions get cancelled due to rain, this year has been a little more than usual for that week but soon the sun will be out and it will be too hot!

Joan

Like 0      
28 Apr 2011 6:32 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Its been non stop sunshine here for two weeks in Staffordshire

Been the best Easter ever barbecues, beer gardens all outside DIY done

Hope Willie gets a dry one tomorrow

Perhaps he may Honeymoon in Wales if it stays like this

Sheila put another snagger on the barbie and open me a tinny

Rod

Like 0      
29 Apr 2011 10:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

John, you must have been lucky and got the only sunny day!

It's raining again today and it will be for the next few days

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 Apr 2011 12:40 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

If I am not mistaken John is based up in Arcos as well. I checked the weather every day(here on this site) during the week before I went which must have been the week John was there and every single day the temp was in the high twenties. Being used to my forecasters here (NOT dependable, a bit like a horoscope in a daily paper)I was not overly concerned that just when I was ready to go the temperature dropped and clouds appeared in the forecast. But now I have to say, respect, they were spot on. And it seems this week is even worse then last week was. Am glad now we only went for one week.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2011 11:11 PM by mumsy Star rating in Staffordshire. 21 posts Send private message

We were in Playa Flamenca from 8th to 19th April, and had fantastic weather. I think by all accounts we were lucky with the weather.  Had a couple of cloudy days, but nothing to dampen the spirits!! Looking forward to some more nice weather over whit week....also had fab weather back home in Stafforsdhire since we got back!!

Like 0      
01 May 2011 11:46 AM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

We've been lucky, we've still had quite a lot of sun despite it generally being bad across Spain......that said it's still much worse than usual, and as previously mentioned it's very unpredicatable making planning for BBQs etc very difficult.  

Also I agree, many local businesses have lost out as events across Spain were cancelled or folks did not venture out or returned to Madrid early due to bad weather across many Costas.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Swap - 1 posts
WANTED - LONG TERM RENTAL in the Los Alcazaras to Playa flamenca area - 1 posts
Telefónica Tenacity - 7 posts
2011 current rules re sat navs in Spain - 3 posts
Childs car seat - 8 posts
Directions - 6 posts
paying bills from the UK - 24 posts
CAR SWAP. UK to Spain - 3 posts
Lemon Tree market Open? - 3 posts
Segundamano issues - 5 posts
Tabacs Shop outside Malaga Airport - 0 posts
Appointing new administrators - 6 posts
Student moving to spain for summer, need help!! - 1 posts
moped for sale - 0 posts
Road traffic offence (not speeding) - 9 posts
Rent to buy contract - 4 posts
Jaens, Guardamar - 5 posts
Help. What is there to do with 3 kids aged 7,6 & 3 when it's raining. - 14 posts
Suma to Tenant - 0 posts
SHOPS & FARMACIA OPEN TODAY IN ESTEPONA OR SABINILLAS - 0 posts
Satellite dish wall mount - 0 posts
Computer desk / printer tractor feed desk. - 0 posts
Re blogs .. for Justin please - 1 posts
Computer desk corner unit - 0 posts
Indie IPR Electric Guitar for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x