NIE Change of address

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Information needed
Back in 2001 When I purchased my then off plan property not having an official address I obtained my NIE by entering my Solicitors address which is in La Manga.
This has never been a problem until I came to tax my car this year.
AS Traffico used my NIE address on my matriculation to register the car
For the past 8 years my official address after completion has been in El Alamillo Puertro de Mazarron.
Is a NIE number for life.
The Question is do I have to change my address on my NIE document. How is this done.
Thanks for any help
JB

Like 0      
19 Apr 2011 7:55 PM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

I also have a problem with my NIE. I got an NIE with my plot number on it which is OK. We bought the house and my NIE was used and looked at by everybody. This was 7 years ago.  2 years ago I showed my NIE to buy a washing machine and whilst I was waiting I looked at it; my year of birth says 1997 instead of 1964. I have just kept quiet as I don't know what to do and no one else seems to have noticed.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2011 10:19 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

My philosophy is, the less said the better, otherwise you open Pandora's box. I am entitled to dual citizenship; Irish and British but being more the former than the latter I never bothered to renew my UK passport.  I never took any notice of the UK passport's date of expiry and blithely used it in all sorts of situations long after its sell by date. This was never noticed nor commented on. Don't tell, they won't yell. Most jobsworths want a quiet life too. Why spoil it for them?

PS If you're retired there is no charge for a renewed Irish passport. Tell me again, what does the British government charge for a passport renewal?    :o)

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
19 Apr 2011 10:32 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Mike...as if you didnt know...

2nd Mortgage time if you use the British Consulate in Madrid... 160 Euros + 13 Euros for return courier by DHL or UPS.

Just done mine....OUCH!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
19 Apr 2011 10:54 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

ouch! You just made my eyes water, foxbat. That is a lot of sobs you just spent   ...   remind me again, what's the television licence fee there? It's free in Ireland.

Mike ducks; he can almost hear the shriek of anti-Irish shells.

PS The state pension for an Irish pensioner is circa €800 a month (maximum €230 a week). Sadly I paid into the UK one and receive about half of that.   S*** happens!

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

Like 0      
19 Apr 2011 11:01 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well get your Irish passport renewed quickly as fees for over 65s are being reintroduced in Ireland as of 11 April 2011.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2011 11:08 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

It's well in hand, Bob; and the renewed passport will likely see me out! Don't lose any sleep  ...  the money saved will help revive the Spanish economy; a country my father fought on its battlefields for;; the Battle of Jarama and elsewhere. He also flew Spitfires and Hurricanes as a serviceman in the RAF. Forgive me my returns.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2011 11:17 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

And, as the original topic appears to have drifted away, yes the NIE number is for life.  To change the address (or passport number or anything) simply take it to the foreigners office in your area where they issue them, either the town hall or the police station.  I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the form is the same as the one you originally filled in which is here 

You might ask at the foreigners office if there is a special cambio de domicilio form (it says on the official guidance that you must submit a cambio de domicilio but it doesn't say if there is a separate form for it).

HTH

Like 0      
24 Apr 2011 11:38 AM by lavge Star rating in Granada. 19 posts Send private message

Being the worrier I am, when we moved I looked into changing the address on my NIE. I was giving a little slip to fill in with previous and new address and that was that. I wasn't given a new document or anything, so I really don't know what it was all for. Maybe they have just changed it on the computer.  

Like 0      
05 May 2011 3:19 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

I 'think' that I am supposed to give my new address to the National Police regarding my Residencia.  But the thought of all that queing again fills me with horror!

So far no one has bothered much. I just present my original NIE (which does not have my address on, just the number) and an up to date Empadronmento (with new add on).

I do slightly worry tho what the Guardia will say if they ever stop me!  (But so far as we still need our passport as the new Residency paper is not worth the green ink on it... No hassle todate)...

Like 0      
05 May 2011 6:57 PM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Well would you believe it.. Not sure what I was worrying about. Yesterday I receive an email from my solicitor at La Manga club. My Car road Tax reminder went to their office. Being the address on my NIE. They attached it by e-mail even asking me if I wanted it paying.
What a service. I have been with this solicitor’s office for 10 years now and they have never once let me down.
All being well my trip to Traffico Cartagina on my last trip over, will see a new Matriculation arrive in my PO Box showing my New Address ready for the renewal next year.
Still not sure how to change the address on my NIE
All sorted with good communication between UK and Spain.
Also a V Good friend who went to the Bank to pay the bill for me.
You do not need to be in Spain all the time.
All you need is a Solicitor who you trust and Good friends around you.

Viva Espania

Like 0      
05 May 2011 11:13 PM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_30377.shtml

Interesting new twist to the size of the Registration document perhaps the next step will be to include a photo!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sickness pay - 0 posts
funding for university - 1 posts
Installing Ceiling Fans - suspended platerboard ceiling - 4 posts
SPANISH GOVERNMENT PROPERTY ROAD SHOW 2011 - 183 posts
taxi fare - 7 posts
Vodafone- You think Telefonica is bad????? - 6 posts
long term rental wanted in camposol,murica - 0 posts
can anyone help or advise me? - 3 posts
Iberdrola problem - 0 posts
administrator - 4 posts
Wishing you all a Happy Easter - 18 posts
Fire Bricks - 2 posts
Moulton bicycle - 0 posts
Generator - 1 posts
Non Resaident buying brand new car in Spain - 5 posts
Something to crow about - Thank You! - 8 posts
A Voice for the Voiceless / Sharon's Appeal for Noah's Arc - April/May 2011 - 4 posts
lift maintenance - 1 posts
Club for amateur enterpreneurs - 0 posts
Rent to Rent - 0 posts
2 Rattan Sun Loungers for Sale - 2 posts
Anyone know of a decent electrician? - 11 posts
A little laugh for EVERYONE who has to deal with red tape in Spain - 7 posts
Speed Limit - 4 posts
Spanish Car LeftHD for UK car . Opel Vectra 2003 2.2 Dti - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x