:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by Crist555 Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hola Everybody ,

I hope somebody can help me please as I have lost the green card the :-

Tarjeta Inspecciiom Tecnica de Vehiculos

How do I get a replacement , do I get it from from where I bought the Van ( Mercedes Garage ) ?

It needs  an MOT ( the Spanish equivelent ) very soon , Can I still go for the test or do I need that Card/ tarjeta ?

Most gratefull for any information

Thanks

Cristina

Like 0      
13 Apr 2011 12:48 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

You will definitely need the Tarjeta Inspeccion Tecnica de Vehiculos for the ITV test because the form is stamped, signed and dated by the Inspecting Authority.

I don't know where or how you can get a duplicate of the form and the dgt website doesnt mention it under duplication of documents.

I doubt the Merc garage can help but you have nothing to lose by asking them.

I'm checking a few resources about duplicate Tarjetas; if I find anything I'll let you know.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
13 Apr 2011 12:54 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Found this which seems to suggest that the ITV stations themselves can issue a duplicate...this is from Generalitat Valenciana so how good the information is for other regions I dont know...

Google Translate from http://www.sepiva.es/vehiculos_duplicados

"With the loss, theft, theft or damage of the original card of a vehicle, are the ITV stations, in charge of issuing a duplicate upon inspection of the vehicle.

This amounts to a re-inspection and, therefore, payment of current fees and new expiration date.

Prior to the inspection of the vehicle, the ITV station consult the Service Industry of the Autonomous Community that has made ​​the registration on the vehicle data and possible reforms that could have been carried out on it.

After the inspection, in which ITV station certifies that the vehicle is roadworthy, we will issue a new card ITV."

Hope this helps...

fb

Like 0      
13 Apr 2011 1:09 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Google search 'Duplicado de Tarjeta Inspeccion Tecnica de Vehiculos' produces results which indicate the answer I provided is universal across Spain; ie., duplicates can be  issued by the ITV station after the vehicle has successfully passed the Inspection.

fb

Like 0      
13 Apr 2011 10:59 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

I would think Foxbat is right. As it's the ITV station that produces this document when you change a UK car to spanish plates, it would make sence that it would be them that replace it.

As he says, it may need to go through a matriculation inspection pre it's ITV. When we did this to re-register our car a month ago, it cost 95 Euros including the ITV.

The only problem I can think of is that document has the reg. number punched through it in little holes. This was done, for our car, at Trafico. Me thinks a trip to Trafico may be required too.

I have to ask, being that this should always be in the car. How did you lose it?

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Regards, Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2011 11:06 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Thinking about it, the 'Inspection Tecnica' document was produced before the car had a spanish number. It's Trafico that give it that number. As your car has a spanish number, maybe the ITV station have the equipement to do the punched number!

Take care.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2011 4:42 PM by Crist555 Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hola from Cristina ,

Many thanks to foxbat and Febe ,  i will try what you say and a big kiss to you both  X

I will let you no how I get on,

It was my husband , dont worry he will pay jeje

Cristina x

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is it easier to get visa after 1 year of living in Spain illegally? - 1 posts
Hello!I'm newbie here. - 0 posts
Capital Gains Tax from sale of property - 4 posts
It is easy to LEAVE BT in Spain - 0 posts
La Gardenia service and travel - 2 posts
Looking for a cleaner in Altea Hills area - 0 posts
SIP Card Access to the Spanish Healthcare? - 9 posts
Polaris old building - 2 posts
La Gardenia Service and Travel - 2 posts
Good News For Spain - 9 posts
Amazing Spanish Bank Charges - 6 posts
License for First Occupation in established property - 9 posts
CHANGING ADDRES FOR THE CAR - 3 posts
CHANGING ADDRESS FOR THE CAR - 7 posts
Areas - 0 posts
Inroal Mediterráneo III development 'lost deposits' - 4 posts
Transport from Alicante Airport - 1 posts
Visitors in Malaga - Luggage in Barcelona - 0 posts
Quack Quack! Unqualified Doctors in Spain? - 5 posts
Cédula de Habitabilidad - Administrative Silence Rule - 4 posts
What Price Spain? - 8 posts
Our Favourite Airline - 4 posts
The Expat Marketplace - 0 posts
MARBELLA LICENCES - 3 posts
Looking for work in Costa Del Sol - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x