Visitors in Malaga - Luggage in Barcelona

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

This afternoon I received a note from a Danish lady friend: Having met her guests at Malaga airport they were told their luggage had been placed on a flight to Barcelona! They were inconvenienced; subject to indifference and paper-shuffling; treated as though they were nuisances. Then to cap it all the impudent suggestion that they return to the airport to pick their luggage up the following day!

Happily, Lisa knows the rules. She gave them their address and suggested they deliver it. They will do so.

I think it is a shame that such jobsworths exist and feel sorry for travellers who meekly do as they are told. I suppose in many circumstances they have little choice. It happened to my son at Alicante airport. I demanded they deliver it. They did. If we let as many as possible know proper procedure the authorities might actually begin to do their jobs properly.

Years ago when Concorde went into service a large poster was displayed at Heathrow. The picture was of the airliner with the caption: ‘Breakfast in London – Lunch in New York.’ Some card had scrawled beneath it: ‘Luggage in Tokyo.’ Nothing changes without protest!

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Quack Quack! Unqualified Doctors in Spain? - 5 posts
Cédula de Habitabilidad - Administrative Silence Rule - 4 posts
What Price Spain? - 8 posts
Our Favourite Airline - 4 posts
The Expat Marketplace - 0 posts
MARBELLA LICENCES - 3 posts
Looking for work in Costa Del Sol - 4 posts
uk/spanish car exchange? - 0 posts
Pool Table - 0 posts
Air conditioning unit. - 0 posts
TC 300 Dual phone & TC 300 Sinus base station. - 1 posts
SUSPECT DHL EMAIL - 12 posts
Is my money safe in CAM - 0 posts
Free English TV on the internet - 19 posts
I need HELP with identifying CAJA MADRID Bank forms - 2 posts
Spammer on PMs - 7 posts
QROPS - 0 posts
Desperate sale - 8 posts
Bad News for Ryanair - Alicante Flights - 48 posts
House prices - 9 posts
COLLAR ON MORTGAGE VOID - 49 posts
Tax office Mijas - 7 posts
BMW 316i Compact 1998 Spanish plates LHD - 0 posts
Termites - anyone recommend a company to deal with them? - 4 posts
Car Hire Palma Airport - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x