Free English TV on the internet

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by frankandnobenny Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello everybody,

I'm new on here so you will have to excuse me if I make any mistakes!!

Bit of back ground info, I live my life between my holiday home with my wife in Granada and the rest of it in our home in Blackburn, Lancashire. We have lots of friends from the UK who live in Spain all year round, near to Torrevieja, a town called Playa Flamenca.    

They have english TV all year round from a local english TV provider.... So to cut a long story short (yes I do waffle on... sorry), I went to their website to see if they provided the signal near me (which they dont) but what I did discover is that they are showing ceratin channels on their website for free!

They have BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, ITV2, Channel 4, Film4 and Sky News! I was so shocked when I clicked onto the website!! and the image is really good and clear... It makes the cold weather we have been experiencing these last couple of days a little more bearable!! we can stay in and watch the TV with a bottle (or two) of wine!! 

if anybody is in the same position as myself the website is torresatelit.tv ... I hope you all enjoy!! 

Frank

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 11:35 AM by Benicarlo Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Interesting information but it does seem like using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.

By buying a freesat box in the UK- around 50 pounds or 100 for HD and putting up a dish you have free tv

bbc+itv+Channel 4 and 5 and many others free all year with no subscription. Dish size will vary on location, the box is not as good as a sky box and needs a dish a bit bigger but no cards, no subscriptions

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 12:09 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Does not work for me no image at all

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 12:39 PM by frankandnobenny Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Ha... Trust me.... I have used it the last 3 days... and when I finally start telling people, it doesnt work... hopefully it will be back up by tonight, otherwise my wife will kill me if she misses her soaps! 

Benicarlo, I dont understand why it would be like "using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut" if I am already paying for internet and the service is free, why would I then need to go and pay for a box and a dish? just seems it would be a waste of money.... I'll stick with this for now... Its free... :)

Frank

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 3:01 PM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar
** EDITED - Self promotion **

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 3:20 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Tumbit

The service being talked about on this topic is free and not linked to a telephone service which your link does and by the way that company does not have avery good reputation according to the complaints i have seen

Fred

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 3:26 PM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar

The only service that I am aware of that is Totally Free is something called UnionJockTV, but I think that works along the lines of hiding an IP address. I know that there are other companies out there that also offer an IP blocking service so you can use BBC i-Player etc... but ( In my opinon ) it is counterproductive, as hiding your IP only highlights the fact that you are breaking the law in some way and you will get found out sooner or later.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 5:45 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

With respect isn't that what Teltec do

Fred

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 5:47 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks for the info Frank but I can't get it stream either! 

Anyway, whatever they are doing looks terribly illegal so I'm sure it will get shut down soon as have other similar services that have gone before it.

I use OnSpeed to watch iPlayer in Spain.  I blogged about it here to explain how it works.  It's quite cheap too and works great.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 6:46 PM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar

I've got to be honest and say not being in the slightest bit Tecchie, I have no idea. I am sure that they will be a loophole somewhere along the lines that say that they can (dubiously maybe) .

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 1:47 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

http://www.expatshield.com/ - free to download, and if youcan put up with some annoying pop up ads, seems to work fine for BBC iPlayer etc. Just make sure your firewall / AV are up to date and functioning etc.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 10:00 AM by frankandnobenny Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Morning all...

Checked it this morning, and all is back on.... just in time for the sun to come out! Ha, figures.... 

Bye,

Frank

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 10:22 AM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Frank

thanks I have got it on now have you any idea how to get a normal sized picture my a bit squashed in I am watching on a widescreen laptop

Fred

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 10:35 AM by frankandnobenny Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

ha... well, I'm not very good on pc's.... i just click on the button in the corner of the screen to make it bigger.... but no idea how to make it fit the whole screen.... :) sorry.... 

Frank

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 11:05 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah, it's definitely working today.  The only problem is that the aspect ratio is wrong so the picture appears squashed.  Hopefully they'll sort that.

Apart from that it seems to be streaming well.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 12:34 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Found it Just right click on the pictute and you can stretch the picture to correct size

Fred

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 2:59 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Good one Fred   I never thought of doing that!

Works a treat now.

Justin

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 10:40 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Thanks for this top tip! We're in Scandinavia and don't know how long we are going to be in this apartment so don't want to buy a dish etc. This is great and so glad you shared this info, been watching it since Emmerdale.....!

Poppyseed

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 11:06 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by ojosazul88 on 11/04/2011.

Like 0      
17 May 2011 7:07 AM by BigWilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

Superb.

I have satellite but its a spanish maintenence guy looks after it so it barely works and they wont let my choice of english installer come and fix it.

This has some of the channels i am missing.

Happy boy here.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I need HELP with identifying CAJA MADRID Bank forms - 2 posts
Spammer on PMs - 7 posts
QROPS - 0 posts
Desperate sale - 8 posts
Bad News for Ryanair - Alicante Flights - 48 posts
House prices - 9 posts
COLLAR ON MORTGAGE VOID - 49 posts
Tax office Mijas - 7 posts
BMW 316i Compact 1998 Spanish plates LHD - 0 posts
Termites - anyone recommend a company to deal with them? - 4 posts
Car Hire Palma Airport - 0 posts
charges to receive transfer of euros from UK to Spanish bank - 15 posts
Instituto Cervantes already in Gibraltar! - 0 posts
ALICANTE CAR HIRE - 0 posts
Hotels near Madrid Airport - 2 posts
Satalite dish wanted 1.8 or bigger - 0 posts
Divorce in Spain? - 23 posts
Low cost fares from Jet2 - 0 posts
Cheap, reliable car hire Heredades, Formentera, Rojales area? - 2 posts
Bed and Breakfast License - 26 posts
car hire reus airport - 1 posts
changing house insurance - advice/information required please. - 8 posts
Searching for long term rental villa. - 2 posts
Driving London to Malaga via Eurotunnel - 9 posts
Can this be done? - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x