Still happy you bet I am

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Just to dampen the gloom of resent

Hi all. I agree a lot of heartache reported on this website. (By the way Justin a great website) My heart goes out to all that have been scammed or robbed of their hard earned cash while following their Spanish Dream.
On a lighter note a lot of people have followed the road to fulfil their dreams to owning a property in the Sun without any problems.
Almost 10 years ago. I signed with an agent to purchase an off plan 3-bedroom property with panoramic views over the Mediterranean off the coast of Murcia.
Told 2 years and it was ready in 2 years
Got my Habitation Certificate and Escritura all within 3 months of notarisation.
A fantastic Spanish Solicitor Who I would recommend his business to anybody today.
I leave him to look after Fiscal tax returns for a small fee.
I have my own car, which I leave with the great services of Plain Parking at San Javia. They transfer my car between Murcia and Alicante. Always there and on time nothing too much trouble.
I have a great pool cleaning and maintenance company to look after my pool. Very pleasant, nothing too much trouble.
I have great neighbours who watch out for my house when I am not there.
I use Securitas to monitor the House Alarm System. Another great service.
I have a PO Box at the town Post office
I pay my IBI, Road tax & comprehensive insurance all on time.
I get a good service from my bank when needed (Santander).
My Buildings and Contents all with a reputable company.
I use HIFX to transfer pounds to Euros
I get to visit around 10 times a year. Yes I do use Ryanair. Follow the rules and you have no problem simple as that.
I still recommend to others if you have a dream to follow do so with caution and listen to those that have gone before. Spain ain’t dead yet.
Do it Right and Right first time.

I hear some say wopeeee do for you.
My Dream is still alive. So it is for others I know.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 7:13 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

What a lovely, positive thread to read!

I hope others will share their good news stories

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 7:30 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Living here and loving it.

Do have the odd problem, nothing too large to handle. We chose to be here after all.

Have fun all.

Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 8:35 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

JB seems youve got it all sorted good on yer mate

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 9:36 PM by Pauline & Peter Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Hi El Alamillo

Yes, great isn't it. Our cup is always 1/2 full as well.

Be happy. 

Cheers P&P

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 9:40 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Not a plug as I am retired from real estate now. But I was in it for years and I can honestly say I never had a client whose expectations weren't exceeded. A bit extreme I know but I had one lady client who told me: 'I am so content here. If circumstances forced me to return to England I would seriously consider taking my own life. I would rather die happy here tofay than miserable there tomorrow.' Yes, there are irritations but there's many more in England. I cannot see me ever returning. Only under sufferance.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 10:40 PM by lavge Star rating in Granada. 19 posts Send private message

Are people really that bad? I haven't been around for long as I only recently stumbled across EyeonSpain, but I've already seen various posts complaining about the negativity. If people think it's so bad - why are they here?

I love Spain, or more specifically Andalucia. Especially now spring is coming. Don't misunderstand me, I can moan - I actually love a good moan - but this is the fourth country I live in, and so far Spain is doing pretty well on the ranking! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Palmera Properties - 59 posts
HOW TO STOP CATS DOING THEIR BUSINESS IN YOUR GARDEN - 13 posts
Inland Minimarket for sale - 0 posts
Negative Equity & Repossesion - 0 posts
Endesa Price List - 0 posts
help with the car hire - 2 posts
Court Summons - Cedula de Citacion - 4 posts
Renfe website Trenhotel to Paris - 7 posts
San Roque golf club nr Sotogrande Spain - 0 posts
Francis Loves Spain - 0 posts
Any Vespa/scooter riders in Spain? help - 1 posts
marbella LFO - 9 posts
New terminal at Alicante airport - 15 posts
sky tv -freeview-los alcazares-one off payment? - 1 posts
Jeep cherokee for sale... - 1 posts
Trains from Madrid to London - 3 posts
Serious problem with escritura and land registry - 1 posts
Do we need an architect to get our LFO? - 15 posts
Medical help Spain - 2 posts
Pre paid Mastercard? - 11 posts
Thai China Calahonda - 3 posts
Long Term Airport Car parking - 2 posts
Spanish Taxes - 9 posts
Date Order of posts - 3 posts
Any plans for easter and suggestions? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x