Wheelchair accessible car hire.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Mar 2011 00:00 by SteveandJane Star rating in Somerset and Corvera.... 474 posts Send private message

SteveandJane´s avatar

Hi All

We own a place in Corvera, Murcia and have tried, so far in vain, to find a car hire company in the region that has a wheelchair accessible vehicle. We look after our friends son occasionally and they would like to have some time with him at our apartment but as yet have not found a company with a converted vehicle to allow them to transport him and his electric wheelchair in the back .

Anybody got any contacts or ideas on this problem ?

Steve (Lifestyler)

Like 0 Dislike 0       | Dislike
07 Jan 2013 12:51 by littleamg Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Steve and Jane,

We have a similar problem.  We also have a place in Murcia region (near Sucina).  Our Daughter has finished college and returned home and would like to come out with us, but we have the problem of transporting her in her electric wheelchair once we're there. Sorry this isn't an answer to your question, but I thought if enough people, in this area with the same obstacle, flagged it up, perhaps we could all come up with a solution.  

If you have already found an answer to the problem,then I'd also appreciate any info you could pass on.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Anne-Marie & Stuart 

07 Jan 2013 15:16 by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 767 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar

I know of a Taxi that has wheel chair facility . Every authority in Spain must have wheel chair taxi available but not all do

David 

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

07 Jan 2013 15:46 by littleamg Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi David,

Thanks for that.  I have found another taxi firm in the area, which at least will initially  get us to the apartment.  I think there is a niche in the market for someone to set up a WAV self drive hire company.

Thanks again

A.M

08 Jan 2013 11:20 by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 767 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar
tried to get a minibus with wheel chair access. was refused with comment not my problem! !!there is a b&b in fuente alamo area that provides bolidays for disabled. he has an adapted vehicle. I believe he was threatened when he used it .Taxi firms Ct like mafia here

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

08 Jan 2013 19:49 by Ian_n_Angie Star rating in Buckinghamshire and .... 36 posts Send private message

A friend of mine has similar circumstances and told me about the following.

At present we do not know of any reliable wheelchair accessible vehicles for self drive hire, but we have spoken to a few car hire companies on the Costa del Sol who are looking into adding one or two wheelchair accessible cars to their hire fleet. If this is a service that would appeal to you if it was available could you please email us to list your interest, as the more people who require the service the more likely it is to be able to arrange for one of the car hire companies to support us in the want to bring this service to the coast.

However we do not want to just limit the wheelchair accessible vehicle hire to the Costa del Sol so please let us know any other area that you may be interested in.

Being a new member they wont allow me to post a url linky thingy so pm me for the address

Angie

17 Feb 2013 18:57 by aziice1graana321 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

there is a man with a disabled wav vehicle with lift to hire on an informal basis in the torrevieja area it seats 6 plus wheelchair i will add website when the site will allow me or message me with contact e mail or e mail me at aziice1@aol.com

gavin

This message was last edited by aziice1graana321 on 17/02/2013.

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread
Share it!

Previous Threads

Anyone been to Melilla? - 7 posts
golf society nr playa flamence/la florida - 3 posts
Property to rent in Residencial el Hipodromo - 0 posts
Looking for Rental Property in Residencial el Hipodromo - 0 posts
Something to look foward to! - 23 posts
kadoodey - 2 posts
ALHAMBRA GRANADA SATVAV ENTRY IN TOMTOM - 6 posts
Hello, hola. New to EOS. - 3 posts
Hello. - 8 posts
furniture and lighting suppliers costa blanca - 6 posts
Literally lost the thread ! - 5 posts
contract required - 5 posts
Metal Hand rail - 0 posts
air strikes - 3 posts
Good body shop, costa del sol? - 4 posts
Community insurance - 1 posts
I Have a 7.5ton Van Returning From Alicante, Spain On 03rd April - 1 posts
Number of Vice Presidents? - 2 posts
confused about freeview, freesat, hd etc - 9 posts
Still Impressed by the Spanish Health System? - 24 posts
part exchange property - 1 posts
Tax on El Hacho area - 3 posts
Airport Transfer legalities?? - 22 posts
SKY/Freesat & Broadband - 2 posts
Legal lookie lookie men? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

Compare car hire in Spain