Official Document Needed for application of NIE Number

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 May 2007 12:00 AM by Hirst Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

What official document do you need to take with you when applying at one of the Consuls for an NIE Number is it a copy of the signed contract between yourself and the developer?  Can anyone give me advice on this.

Anne

Like 0      
19 May 2007 11:29 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Anne if you e mail me to patrick@marbellamortgages.com I can send you a PDF of the form and also instructions for how to complete it. Got an idea that it might be somewhere on this site though if you search for it. In theory you only need the application and your passport - plus photcopies of each (most important). I think it is possibly a good idea to take along a copy of the purchase contract as well so that you can evidence why you are applying for the NIE.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 1:32 PM by beck6632 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

hi i downloaded a copy of the form from the internet. filled it in. photocopied it and also photocopied my main passport page twice. i took these along to the local police station on friday in torremolinos along with my passport and went back the following monday to pick up my number. i also took along 2 passport photos but they didn't need them but it may be worth while taking them just incase . i couldn't believe how easy it was. had a 3 hour wait to be seen to but apart from that it was easy. i just wrote on the form i wanted to purchase property but no proof required . hope that helps

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 11:59 PM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar
I have my NIE forms completed (which I downloaded through a link on here) and signed etc. but can someone tell me where to take them? will be in La Marina,but do you need to go to Alicante or can they be done more local?

Like 0      
09 Jun 2007 12:06 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We're in Guardamar & we had to go to Elche police station to put our NIE forms in, Maggie

Like 0      
09 Jun 2007 12:15 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

I was told it should be Alicante? but in all honesty I have got really sceptical about what everything is and should be? have lost my trusting nature after losing on an off-plan property? and find myself re-checking things?? which is pretty bad really?

Like 0      
09 Jun 2007 10:07 AM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

We went to the Police Station in Elche to do ours in January. Take passports plus photocopies and a couple of passport size photographs and the application forms you have downloaded, plus a couple of photocopies. It was dead easy, we went at 9am, queued for about 20mins, and were told to return in a couple of hours to collect our NIE and docs. HOWEVER - our friends went in April, short queue and no trouble with the application, but they had to return in two weeks for theirs! I think it's really a bit of a lottery as to how busy they are and suchlike, but the application process itself couldn't be easier.

Hope this helps.

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 5:04 PM by magsfhy Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

We are residing in Cabo Roig,where do we go to apply for NIE no?

Could you post the link for application forms please?

This message was last edited by magsfhy on 2/5/2008.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 5:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Here you are Magsfhy..

NIE  also how to fill it in INFO

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 9:30 PM by taffexpat Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

That's interesting.  I got my NIE last week in Fuengirola  ( not the little card yet )   I downloaded the form from the ministry  EX14 took it in all filled in correctly,  and a very nice English chap at the desk told me I had the wrong form and where did I get it.  He subsequently gave me EX 16 to fill in, made me an appointment for the next day and hey presto...

All I had to take in was a photocopy of my passport and proof of payment to the bank (  oh yes I forgot that one... I had to pre pay €6.80 in the bank )  ...

What is the difference between EX 14 and EX 16 ??

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 10:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

EX14 = NIE & EX16 = residencia

SEE HERE

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 5:04 PM by eros Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Can anybody advice me more about the NIE number?

DO I need it to buy a property?

What abaout contracting a lawyer? Does anybody recomend me any in South Alicante or Murcia?

Thank you

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 5:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Eros, you need a NIE number before you are allowed to buy property, oh yes.

Lawyers .... amongst others

http://www.westmed-es.com/ingl%E9s/index_in.htm

http://www.ricorabogados.com/

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 6:17 PM by magsfhy Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

So EX14 OR 16 for NIE number?

Like 0      
13 Feb 2008 6:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I answered that Magsfhy.    CLICK BLUE LINKS.

05 Feb 2008 10:31 PM

morerosado
Star rating
** EOS Superstar **

morerosado´s avatar

I'm in Somerset, UK / Guardamar Del Segura on the Costa Blanca (Completed April 2005)

I've made 2857 posts

Edit this post

EX14 = NIE & EX16 = residencia

SEE HERE

Great opportunities to help others seldom come but small ones surround us every day.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/13/2008.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2008 9:38 AM by NieNumberDirect Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

NieNumberDirect´s avatar

Note that up until 2 years ago it was possible to purchase or sell a property without an NIE Number.  An NIE Number is an individual tax identification number, and therefore it is logical that anyone making a large purchase or sale should require one. 

Be sure that once you have received your NIE Number (it is only an A4-sized sheet of paper with a number, your name and a few additional details on it along with a stamp) document from the National Police that you guard the document well.  In many instances, the original document is required and a copy will not suffice.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2008 10:07 PM by localyocal Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Have just returned from Almeria where we applied for NIE numbers to purchase a property in Spain. We were told by an official in the office that the NIE number is only valid for 3 months. This is a new thing introduced in 2008!!? Does anyone know anything about it? Is it fact or fiction? Also when you go photocopy everything! and only go on a Tuesday or Thursday morning because that is the only time that you can pay the €9 into the bank and then only between 11am and 1pm. YOu also have to return to the office with the receipt of payment from the bank! I can't tell you how frustrating the whole process is. So be prepared!!

Like 0      
15 Jun 2008 10:10 PM by localyocal Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Oh I forgot to tell you that the form which is available on the internet to apply for the NIE number was not the RIGHT ONE! when we got to the office so beware!

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 9:02 AM by madison Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Why don't you just use your solicitor (I asume you have one). With our solictor it was part of the service. We arrived at the police station in Cartagena with her on a Thursday and we were all finished within a half hour and recieved the NIE document in the UK 4 weeks later.

Hope this helps

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 11:56 AM by magsfhy Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Got the  NIE nos. Used a solicitor in the end.  As we are renting they used their office address, went to Police in Torrevieja, waited 30 mins, collected from solicitor 1 week later. Total cost 240 euro for 2.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electrician in spain - 0 posts
Oh my Goodness! Over 1,000 posts and no applause! - 24 posts
Torreveija area chitty chatty - 25 posts
R & S PROPERTY AND GARDEN DESIGNS - 1 posts
To store or not to store, that is a question! - 7 posts
new member - 2 posts
Live in Spain but where to holiday? - 16 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Facts right or wrong on Escitura? - 14 posts
capital gains tax. - 0 posts
What's happening with JeansSis? - 53 posts
Show house - 29 posts
Find Out the Truth About This Site - 3 posts
fishing alert - 4 posts
Rental required El Rincon - 2 posts
fisherman alert - 2 posts
sneaky needs help??? - 2 posts
apartment wanted - 4 posts
Bichon Frise for sale - 2 posts
completion - 2 posts
For All First Time Buyers And Any One Else! - 21 posts
best area to rent - 8 posts
Hi - 4 posts
Mr Wippy Ice Cream - 29 posts
Date for License for Construction Phase 4 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x