do you know advantage car hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

hi I have just booked my car hire for easter through doyouspain and have been given advantage car rental. does anyone know about them as I haven't been given them before

Like 0      
17 Mar 2011 10:13 AM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Hi

We have used DoyouSpain,for over 7 years on and off,and I must say,I never heard of Advantage Car Hire.

If I was you I would call Doyouspain, and ask a few questions.Where do they tell you the desk is,may be its on the roof top car park like Victoria rentals,could be that its a new company.But I would check it out for sure.

MS

Like 0      
17 Mar 2011 11:47 PM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

yes they say their office is in the car park.

If anyone is going out there this week could you please have a look for this company. A bit worried as no one has replied saying that they have used them.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 8:34 AM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Just been reading reviews about Advantage in Malaga Airport on Trip Advisor. They seem to be an American company belonging to Hertz & Malaga was the first 'Advantage' in Europe (?) The reviews aren't too good but the majority of grumbles seem to be the full/empty fuel policy. Can't find anything for Alicante Airport though  I have a friend going out today so have asked her to look for it & let me know so fingers crossed.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 10:04 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi, never heard of them I would contact DYS and ask for another car rental and voucher to be sent to you.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2011 3:21 PM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

Just an update of advantage car hire. Thay are part of hertz and you go to their desk at the airport in alicante. So all very good.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2011 3:13 PM by alfshane Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Well can't say about Advantage car hire as never used them. But as far as car rental is concerned, I always prefer booking car from a broker firm. Generally they offer better rates and services.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2011 6:57 PM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

yes alfshane that was the problem. I had booked through doyouspain (a broker) and this is who I got. I have been using doyouspain and hirecarsspain for a number of years but had never heard of advantage. I now know that they are part of hertz

Like 0      
14 Apr 2011 2:48 PM by alfshane Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Basically the brokers have tie ups with various suppliers and give you the best deal. Recently a friend booked with bestspaincarrental. It is also a broker firm but has tie ups with well known suppliers like Alamo, Thrifty .... He got very reasonable deal and given Alamo car at rent and if you look at the facilities that are included in the rates then you can see that they are very customer friendly.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2011 2:57 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Y100

Enjoy your trip,as long as you get a car you will be fine.

And as you say they are part of Hertz,so cant be that bad,like you we have used DoYouSpain for years,and been fine.We had Victoria cars once,on the roof top for collection,but the car was OK,but a little tired.

Relax and chill a little,I,m sure at the end of it all you will be ok

Like 0      
20 Apr 2011 5:38 PM by vrodrig Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 22 posts Send private message

We used them for a visit in March. You go straight through the car hire hall (Malaga) and into the car park and they are situated in the left-hand corner, They have a queue system where you take a number and wait your turn - we had to wait almost an hour but that was Saturday lunchtime. Service was pretty efficient once our turn came,and the car was very clean and in good condition. The full/empty fuel policy is a pain but it's hard to get anything different when you book through a broker and get a budget rental price. I wouldn't have a problem using tyhem again to be honest.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 2:21 AM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

I used them at alicante airport and it was good, no problems. Would use again.

Like 0      
01 Jan 2013 12:37 PM by amfinlay Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Have used Doyouspain several times and each time been given Advantage as hirer. I suppose it depends on what time you arrive at Malaga but dont be surprised by long queuese. Waiting time of over 1 hour not unusual to get your car. Scam about fuel already covered but beware of additional insurance charges. You are not covered to the extent that Doyouspain would have you believe. Suggest you look around for company that genuinely includes fully comprehensive insurance. Having said that I have not yet found a company that covers glass, wheels, tyres and underbody damage without offering additional insurance or demanding deposit on your credit card to cover this. I will not use them again

Like 0      
02 Jan 2013 3:25 PM by king Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

I have used them on my last two visits to Malaga.They are much cheaper than other hire sites at the airport,easy to reach and I have had no problems with them.

Both times the cars had small scrapes on the wings,which were shown on the agreement you sign at the hire desk,but there was nothing wrong with the cars themselves. I assumed that this is why they are much cheaper than their parent company,Hertz,and were cars used by Hertz before having scrapes.

Thats my theory anyway.

Like 0      
22 Jan 2013 11:09 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

We had the misfortune to use this company this month at Malaga. We booked via Holiday Autos which usually are OK but because they don't tell you the company until you've booked we didn't know who we had got. Would never use Advantage again.

Queued in the cold dark car park for nearly an hour and half, no-one showed you to the car, stung for nearly 600€ on the credit card. 500€ deposit against damage, despite having paid for Holiday Autos total comprehensive collision damage, the rest was for fuel on a Hyundai i30 which cost much less than that to fill. The receptionist was very chatty, I assume to deflect from the massive bill they are giving you.

On return we were given no directions by Advantage and of course couldn't remember where they were as we'd been so grateful just to get out of there on pickup day. Consequently we were driving around the car park, eventually asked at another company for directions. The woman accepting the cars didn't want to come and inspect ours and became very sarcastic when we insisted.

We stopped using Doyouspain because of the insurance charges on check in, even with Insurance4 Hire Cars (or whatever) and massive queues at check in. Next time we'll just bite the bullet and go to a recognised company which might charge a little more but saves the hassle. We got Atesa last year with Holiday Autos and very disappointed not to get again as they were excellent and no stupid full empty policy either.

The Hyundai was pretty knacked too - even small hills were hard work.

Like 0      
22 Jan 2013 1:08 PM by mrsmac Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Yes we have used them a few times at Alicante Airport, had no problems with cars, although they as per normal in spain have dents and scrapes.  Girls helpful and easy to find and return cars.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2013 8:53 AM by vrodrig Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 22 posts Send private message

Agree with the comments about the long queues at Malaga if you get Advantage, but the car was fine.

The full/empty policy really annoys me as we use about 10 litres in a week. Just booked with economycarhire.com and they have cars where they have a 'fair fuel' policy - return with the same amount. We'll see if that works any better.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 5:50 PM by CAT2013 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

DoYouSPain + FireFly SCAMS Explained.

You book and pay for a car rental online.

You go to collect your car they ll make you wait and ask for your Driving licence and Passport.

After some 20min of typing (or pretending to be typing) on a keyboard under a counter, they charge your credit as they please, get a signature from you and send you off to your rented car.

The technics used:

1- They will charge your card without asking you.(insurance, fuel, insurance of insurance etc)

2- Next they ll tell you the car is to be returned  with an empty tank? How on earth do you return a car empty? Which means they ll charge you for fuel (and hope you will return the car with fuel which will be sold off to the next customer), unless you decide to drive and use up all the fuel.

In my case a car rented at €78 ended up being €78+€148(ripp off extras)=€226 what a rip off.

I have reported them to VISA and in the process of disputing this transaction which i am entitled to for up to 4 months.

More updates on my case to follow in the next few days but feel free to ask, i usually have to deal with 1 or 2 of these rogue traders a year, getting the hang of it.

This message was last edited by CAT2013 on 28/06/2013.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 12:08 PM by mrsmac Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

You will find all of the car companies do the below, you pay for full tank, and take back emply, ok you need t make sure you have enough petrol into get to airport, but we have always managed to get car back with nearly no fuel at all with light flashing at us.

if you no not take out the extra insurance you are liable for all damage to cars, and to be honest, the cars are that damaged you would need a week to go over them before you take them from the agent, also i have yet to go to spain and not had a car knocked/damaged, not on purpose but it is just how they drive, and with very narrow streets, you sometimes get a wing mirror knocked off, it is just peach of mind, if you way their costs up to ours you will find very cheap to hire.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2013 12:33 PM by vrodrig Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 22 posts Send private message

For our trip in March we used economycarhire.com and booked a car with a fair fuel policy - it was slightly more expensive at €128.00 for the week byut the tank was full and we put in about €16.00 to fill up before we dropped it back. I reckon we saved about €35.00 over the bring back empty policy. The company was Marbenjo, located near IKEA, and they bussed us to and from the airport, and the car was fine. I'll use this strategy in the future

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

diesel additive - 3 posts
old house has never had a Habitation Certifictae - 8 posts
Wii Games for Sale - 0 posts
2 DOUBLE DIVAN BEDS WITH DRAWERS REALLY COMFORTABLE - 0 posts
Private Message rules clarification required. - 2 posts
The strikes are off - 6 posts
Ploice warning Latest scam news - 5 posts
Planned airport strike 2011 in Spain - 1 posts
Scooter Hire Licences - 1 posts
How to beat a Spanish funcionario or civil servant at their own game - 6 posts
Indoor pools from Benalmadena to Cabopino - 2 posts
Car Hire in Gibraltar? - 5 posts
Dog behaviourist & Dog trainer now in Murcia/Almeria border - 1 posts
Lookie Lookie men - 10 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
holday home insurance - 2 posts
Wonderful Andalucia - 19 posts
arenal duquesa - 17 posts
Withholding of Plusvalia tax by solicitors - 14 posts
spanish lawyers - 28 posts
Car Hire from Alicante Airport - 4 posts
Just read this report on A Place In The Sun Live in London - 1 posts
New ITV Station in San Pedro? - 3 posts
dos mares - 5 posts
Wanted: 3 month let, 2 hours max drive from Barcelona - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x