Ploice warning Latest scam news

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

RECEIVED  AND  PASSING ON

FROM   VECINOS  COLABORANDO  COSTA  BLANCA

Description: Click Me!Subject: FW: POLICE WARNING - PLEASE CIRCULATE - WORTH READING]

IMPORTANT

Warning..!!!!

Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public car park. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home, it was a receipt for petrol. Luckily my friend told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the
car. Then we received this email yesterday.

WARNING FROM POLICE

THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN

BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--

NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine put it into reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.
When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically run you over as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.
So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, lock your doors and just drive away.
Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you
read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women.
A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Please tell all your friends

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 3:52 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

This is a viral email and has been doing the rounds for a couple of years.

Please ignore it and don't forward it to anyone.

Neil

www.soltecspain.com

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 4:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Oh Fred, as Neil said, it's been doing the rounds since the year dot! Doesn't anyone check these out before posting? Seem not. I see you've posted it on the local forum to me but no one's brave enough on that one to say it's false for fear they'll get banned for 'not being friendly'

Check out the hoax sites!  

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 6:07 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

In that case how can I delete it I checked it for a virus and could not find one.

This message was last edited by fpegman on 16/03/2011.

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 7:03 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Fred,

It not a computer virus, so don't worry!

It's a viral e-mail - meaning that people read it and then people pass it on to other people as an e-mail.

Therefore it spreads in the same way that a virus (human or computer) does!

Having said that - It is good advice that if you do see something on your car like that, then either have the passenger remove it - or leave it there until you get home!

As someone could nick something from your car - or even nick the car!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 8:33 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Errm, hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's not totally false.

Just the other day something similar happened in the Carrefour in Estepona but their latest trick is to ask you for directions whilst you're putting stuff in the boot of your car.

They distract you whilst someone else is knicking your handbag from inside the car.

This has actually happened loads of times, particularly with expats and holidaymakers which are generally more trusting, and generally in supermarket carparks.

You have been warned!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Planned airport strike 2011 in Spain - 1 posts
Scooter Hire Licences - 1 posts
How to beat a Spanish funcionario or civil servant at their own game - 6 posts
Indoor pools from Benalmadena to Cabopino - 2 posts
Car Hire in Gibraltar? - 5 posts
Dog behaviourist & Dog trainer now in Murcia/Almeria border - 1 posts
Lookie Lookie men - 10 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
holday home insurance - 2 posts
Wonderful Andalucia - 19 posts
arenal duquesa - 17 posts
Withholding of Plusvalia tax by solicitors - 14 posts
spanish lawyers - 28 posts
Car Hire from Alicante Airport - 4 posts
Just read this report on A Place In The Sun Live in London - 1 posts
New ITV Station in San Pedro? - 3 posts
dos mares - 5 posts
Wanted: 3 month let, 2 hours max drive from Barcelona - 0 posts
Summer Football Schools - 1 posts
OBTAINING COPYRIGHT - 1 posts
Help with driving to spain - 7 posts
ELS Lawyers in Fuengirola - 19 posts
formentera del segura - 2 posts
England v the European Union - 3 posts
LOOKING FOR A LONG TERM RENT IN ELVIRIA - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x