How to beat a Spanish funcionario or civil servant at their own game

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

15 Mar 2011 9:13 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Very funny!  Also totally unrealistic - you'd never see that many functionarios in a room together at the same time.  At least half of them would be out on breakfast!!

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2011 10:23 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Priceless and not that much of an exaggeration! Cheers!

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 9:04 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Wonderful - and sooooo accurate!

I tried last week - for the 4th time - to get my Spanish EHIC card in Orihuela.  The man (functionario) was actually very nice but Orihuela Costa changed all our addresses a little while back and the dept concerned with Autonomos has my old address.  So I have to go to another office - change my address (ie add a 6 in the middle) and then go back to the initial one to apply for my card.  Then Madrid will post me the card - to my correct address.  If I didn't change the address then the post office wouldn't deliver it .

I must try to email this video to them!!

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 9:35 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

We have all had the experience.

It reminded me very much of transferring my car onto Spanish plates as  I used to go from office to office with a pile of paperwork and copies of everything and at the last step trafico asked for my escritura to confirm my address and he was most surprised when like pulling a rabbit from a hat I pulled it out of my bag.

One of the things I really complain about is all the photocopying I have to do for police stations and tax offices which proves to me the government has no interest in being green. But no one has ever been able to tell me where all this stuff gets filed/stored.

In Spain everything must be done in person whereas in UK it's almost the complete opposite. With the economy the way it is Spain will have to tackle this problem and improve efficiency to save on cost. But how do you get rid of those people who have a job for life.

In Spain there is very little can be done by post or telephone or online.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2011 8:46 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Loved it!

The only thing wrong with it was the fact that she didn't seem to have to wait very long at the beginning and the fact that they were all there and not at breakfast

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 5:21 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Maybe this approach is the answer. Anyone care to try it?

http://www.firefighternation.com/video/889755:Video:1088035

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Indoor pools from Benalmadena to Cabopino - 2 posts
Car Hire in Gibraltar? - 5 posts
Dog behaviourist & Dog trainer now in Murcia/Almeria border - 1 posts
Lookie Lookie men - 10 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
holday home insurance - 2 posts
Wonderful Andalucia - 19 posts
arenal duquesa - 17 posts
Withholding of Plusvalia tax by solicitors - 14 posts
spanish lawyers - 28 posts
Car Hire from Alicante Airport - 4 posts
Just read this report on A Place In The Sun Live in London - 1 posts
New ITV Station in San Pedro? - 3 posts
dos mares - 5 posts
Wanted: 3 month let, 2 hours max drive from Barcelona - 0 posts
Summer Football Schools - 1 posts
OBTAINING COPYRIGHT - 1 posts
Help with driving to spain - 7 posts
ELS Lawyers in Fuengirola - 19 posts
formentera del segura - 2 posts
England v the European Union - 3 posts
LOOKING FOR A LONG TERM RENT IN ELVIRIA - 0 posts
Irish Passport Renewal - 1 posts
Car Tax in Spain - 4 posts
Spain: The Tenants Paradise - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x