Car Tax in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

I am due out in Spain in a few weeks time.

The Car Tax is due this month on my vehicle.

As yet I have had no notification at my PO BOX at the post office

Not too sure if it works like that.

When I purchased the car last year all the documentation was completed at traffico.

The road tax document remained in the previous owners name until renewal.

Can I just go to the Town Hall with all my documtation an pay.

Slightly confused

Like 0      
13 Mar 2011 8:36 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Here we can just give them the registration number, no documentation needed. They print out a sheet with all details on it which you take to the bank & pay. Bank stamps it , tears off & keeps bottom & the top partis your receipted raod tax payment. To be on safe side take your registartion document.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2011 8:39 AM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Thanks for that.

Just a question do they send out reminders in Spain?

Like 0      
13 Mar 2011 9:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

My helpful clerk in the bank gave me a direct debit form, which when paying, I presented to the SUMA guy in the office. So each May the tax will simply be vacuumed out of my account. About €100 for my Mondeo. Still beats the UK hands down.  

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
13 Mar 2011 10:15 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We bank, in Spain, with Lloyds International. We have recently arranged to pay our IBI & car tax by direct debit. We had to go to the Suma office & they gave us printed off forms, one for each. We had to take these to Lloyd's & they gave us part of the forms to keep. You do not, I understand, receive reminders. All around our urb there are posters a few weeks before we need to pay (different areas pay at different times) alerting you to it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spain: The Tenants Paradise - 17 posts
mango - 10 posts
KARENSUN WHERE ARE YOU !!! - 0 posts
HPI checks - 3 posts
ryanair-captcha code security problem when booking flights - 4 posts
nautilus restaurant torrevieja - 0 posts
thanks for a great holiday Jelco - 0 posts
Translation! A Bright Idea? - 7 posts
Long term rent in Santa Maria - 2 posts
telephone problems - 0 posts
Ryanair-Granada- A Return to Sleepy Hollow...¡hasta la vista Vaquero... - 0 posts
Looking for comfortable, convenient rental for the summer - 1 posts
New Spanish TV channels - 0 posts
Reducing Road Deaths - 6 posts
Car Tourism is Over? - 0 posts
Carshare to Alicante and Murcia - 1 posts
Horizontal Law - Voting when you own multiple properties - 16 posts
It’s official. There are 12,697 illegal properties in the Almanzora Valley - 23 posts
DOUBLE BED FRAME AND MATTRESS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Single Bed For Sale - 1 posts
Golf club rental near Vall del Este - 0 posts
This is amazing - 3 posts
Manure - 0 posts
Best Way to Ship A Camera USA to Spain ? - 2 posts
Re-sale but no Habitaion Licence ! - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x