Car Tax - change of address

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by koyah Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

We moved from Murcia area into the Alicante area a couple of years ago but have been returning to the tax office in Torre Pacheco to collect form to pay the car tax.  Does anyone know where we go to change our address to pay our car tax in Pilar de la Horadada or closeby.  When we asked in Pilar de la Horadada (Suma office) we were told we had to go and pay in Murcia region.  When we asked in the office in Torre Pacheco we didn't understand the response.  Also is it possible to pay car tax online?

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 1:57 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

You can pay your car suma by direct debit, normally on the demand there is a place on the bottom of the form where you can fill in your bank details. Makes life a lot easier, we had a similar problem and were told that we had to pay the suma in the area where we had purchased the car, however not too sure if that is exactly true thats why we opted to pay by dd.

This message was last edited by Toddie on 02/03/2011.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 6:05 PM by koyah Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Tks Toddie - Think we will pay by dd then once we have collected this years form.

Also I have read somewhere today that some Town Halls overcharge car tax by as much as 100% due to miscalculating when they work out the horsepower of the vehicle.  We have one petrol and one diesel.  The car using diesel is a lot more tax.   Does anyone know how to find out how much one should be paying for their vehicle tax?

This message was last edited by koyah on 02/03/2011.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2011 9:46 AM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

Hi, Our diesel 1.9 Seat Toledo D reg is approx 86 euros per year, this has been the same price since new. Our petrol car is a Renualt Scenic, B reg the suma is roughly 48 euros. Hope that is of some help.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2011 1:38 PM by koyah Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Interesting.  We are paying 128euros for the 2ltr diesel.  Like to know how they calculate it.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2011 2:19 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Here we just go in to the Ayuntamiento ( town hall ) give them the registration number & they'll print out a form for paying the tax. I assume that you have changed the vehicle to your new address at the trafico ? Vehicle tax is not a standard rate & varies from local council to local council within the same region. A 2,9 litre diesel is 170€ here & a1,8 diesel is 89€ & a 1,9 diesel 144€ . Once you get above 2litres the tax rises steeply. It is illegal to keep paying tax at an old address.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2011 5:19 PM by koyah Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Tks for that info - that explains the price we are paying then as it's a 2ltr.  We haven't changed our address yet as we told them at the recaudation place in Torre Pacheco that we had moved to the Alicante region but they seemed disinterested and just gave us the form to pay at the bank.  I need to find where the nearest Trafico place is then and change address.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2011 8:45 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

According to the dgt.es website, Spains equivalent of DVLA, for your area, change of  address can be notified at either your local town hall ot with the trafficos.

You will need, NIE, Passport, Padron cert, and the vehicle documentation along with a current  ITV cert.

The info can be found at

http://dgt.es/portal/es/oficina_virtual/vehiculos/cambio_domicilio/.

For traffico offices consult

http://dgt.es/portal/es/oficina_virtual/dir_telefonos/jefaturas.do?tit=%BFD%F3nde+se+puede+solicitar%3F&provincia=ALICANTE&poblacion=ALICANTE&=Buscar

Hope this helps.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Mar 2011 12:24 PM by koyah Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you for information.  I have had a look at the site which is a useful site to be aware of.   It does seem though that Alicante is the nearest office that we can use (100km).  I was hoping to be able to change our address more locally.  We live just outside Pilar de la Horadada.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2011 2:40 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

As it says you can also use your local town hall; have you tried there?

http://dgt.es/portal/es/oficina_virtual/vehiculos/cambio_domicilio/?tit=%BFD%F3nde%20se%20puede%20solicitar?

Quote...

Puede realizar el cambio de domicilio en su ayuntamiento o en la Jefatura provincial de tráfico. Consulte los Ayuntamientos disponibles.

fb

Like 0      
04 Mar 2011 6:22 PM by koyah Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

No - Haven't been to local town hall as yet - only tried local Suma Office.  Looked at the website again via your link but Pilar de la Horadada isn't listed as one of the places one can use a local office.  Will ask at ayuntamiento in Pilar anyway.  Thank you.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2011 6:25 PM by beadso Star rating. 128 posts Send private message

i know this sounds daft but i bought a car last year and havent a clue how to tax it. do they send out the certificate? do you have to go get it yourself? can you do it online? thank you

This message was last edited by beadso on 04/03/2011.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2011 7:01 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

There is no tax disc as in UK, you will receive a SUMA bill which when paid you keep the stamped copy in with your documents. Depending on what you have opted to do, you will either receive the bill through the post or it can be paid by direct debit. If you purchased a new car the garage would or should have registered the car, if it is second hand then the documents should have been changed from the old owner to you at the traffico office !  When the car has it's ITV you will then have a sticker with the appropriate date and you then stick it on the windscreen.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2011 7:55 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Koyah...

My interpretation of the link that I sent is that the choice is yours, Town Hall or Traffico.

Quote...

"Puede realizar el cambio de domicilio en su ayuntamiento o en la Jefatura provincial de tráfico. Consulte los Ayuntamientos disponibles."

Translates as

"You can make the address change in your municipality or provincial traffic. See the municipalities available."

The drop down list only refers to Traffico offices which is why I suggested the Town Hall as a first step.

fb

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Clean up politics in Spain - 3 posts
How To Prevent Comment Spam On EOS Blogs? - 0 posts
Chasing mortgage debt in the UK - 64 posts
HAPPY ST DAVIDS DAY - 13 posts
Parque Commercial Las Playas New Shopping Centre La Zenia/Playa Flamenca - 22 posts
Motorway speed limits coming down to 110 kph - 15 posts
wanted, dining table chairs - 1 posts
Who voted for or against? - 0 posts
RTA-Europe/ - 3 posts
I want to swap my Fiat Punto HGT (2002 Spanish reg, LHD) for UK plates RHD - 14 posts
Tourist Visa for Spain - 3 posts
Industrial paper shredder - 0 posts
LTSB/Halifax - forged documents - beware - 1 posts
For Sale. Double glazing for Fortuna terrace - 0 posts
Wanted - 5 Bedroom house in Barcelona area for client - 0 posts
Drivivng to Costa Del Sol with dog! - 4 posts
van coming to fuente alamo area from midlands - 0 posts
car insurance third party - 10 posts
edit - 2 posts
Mexican-style furniture Wanted- Almeria Province - 0 posts
builder's electricity - 9 posts
Andre Villa freestyle motor cross park - 0 posts
Satellite TV on TDLT - 9 posts
second hand furniture - 1 posts
Día de Andalucía - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x