Not having the best holiday

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

So what else can go wrong???

I can't use my N&P card to withdraw cash which is a pain. Got in the car to go to Mojacar and the battery is flat as a pancake . No lights left on or anything as I have been driving in daylight. Not a sausage from the ignition when the key turned, no lights on the dashboard. Urb is quiet as the grave so I cn't borrow any jump leads or a battery charger. Just waiting for the breakdown company to come now, they reckon an hour or so, let's see. Hope it doesn't happen again on Tuesday when i'm due to fly home .

Hungry now as I was going out for lunch .

Mark

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 2:55 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Seems to me to be the perfect excuse to go out for a great dinner. Enjoy

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 2:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Unfortunately I can't as I need the car to get thereand the bus service, is sketchy to say the least on a Sunday.

Mark

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 4:09 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

I hope for the remaining time your holiday gets a little better ;-)

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 4:36 PM by GerryinAlbany Star rating in Albany , New York, U.... 30 posts Send private message

GerryinAlbany´s avatar

Mark, sorry to hear about your car ! Had a similar problem in Las Vegas , the trans went out in the rental Dodge I had ,spent half a vacation day dealing with the rental company. They did  upgrade me to a brand new Lincoln SUV  so it wasnt a total loss. But losing a half day of vacation is whats really sucks, waiting on a tow then spending time at the rental office signing for another car, not what I had in mind!  Hope things resolve themselves and you get to enjoy the rest of your holiday!  -ger

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 5:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

To be fair, they did turn up within the hour, a quick jumps start and away. I don't really trust the battery though, so had a little drive around for 1/2 hour to put some charge back in. Hopefully tomorrow it will be okay for me to go out and especially Tuesday!! 

Going to buy some jump leads tomorrow and reversed into parking space, just in case . Going to have a well deserved beer now .

Mark

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 5:34 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Never mind Mark these things are sent to try us!  You must be getting better weather than we are at the moment.

Pat

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 5:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Yes, very nice. Very windy on arrival Thursday afternoon and rainy overnight. From about 10am though, the sky turns blue and the mercury rises. Half past five and still sunbathing weather (if you like that sort of thing!!).

Mark

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 6:02 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well that is good then we are out on the 1st March so hope it continues.  It has got to be better than here so damp and depressing.    As long as I can sit outside and read a few books, then I am very happy. It does not take a lot.

Pat

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 6:12 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Par & Roy

Just come back from your place and it is still 21 degrees at the moment been 23 earlier I was walking up the mountain at Orihuela this morning and was very hot took 1.5 hours to the top but what a fantastic view.

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 6:54 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

That sounds good Fred, yes we love walking often go across the road to the orange and lemon groves. But up the mountain might be a bit to energetic, but I can imagine the view.  We often sit outside watching the sun go down behind the mountain's the sunset's are lovely. Hope the weather holds!

Pat

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 6:56 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Pat 7 Roy

I am 75 and did not find it too hard sure you would enjoy it

Fred

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 7:08 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

You are doing well then Fred!  Roy is nearly 78 but quite fit really just the Alzheimer's so sometimes he gets bored quickly. Now they have just taken him of his medication as they say it is not helping but I think it is one of the cutbacks in the NHS but we will see, so just hope he is okay in Spain he is normally better there as we do get out more.  Yes perhaps I should take him up the mountain.

Pat. 

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 8:35 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Pat & roy

You want to take regular tablets of Q10, Magnesium, Zinc and  evening primrose  works wonders for people our age but its no use just trying them you must keep it up I have taken them for 20 years and am as fit as a fiddle still working and still walking all over ( plus a drop of Tinto every day )

Fred

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 8:38 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

What I want to know is, how was that beer? I am off drink since New Year,til my bithday in a couple of weeks, healthy life style, dropping a couple of pounds and such. But I swear, if someone would post a picture of a nice bootle of beer I would probably start licking my computer screen. Hmmmmh.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 8:53 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Thanks for that Fred will give it a try have to go down to Holland and Barrett tomorrow to stock up on his fish oil capsules so will ask in there. Thanks again perhaps we should have started a new thread.

Pat

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 8:56 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Pat & roy

Try Salmon oil instead of the normal fish oil or Shark oil if you can get it

Fred

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 9:08 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Will have a look not heard of that before.  Last time we was over I found it hard to buy supplements can you buy that in Spain or do you send of for it?  A few people I know say when you do find them they are quite expensive to buy in Spain.But thanks Fred will give it a go.

Pat .

Like 0      
20 Feb 2011 10:24 PM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

Pharmacies usually have a selection of supplements.  There are also herbalist shops which sell everything under the sun.  I used to buy salmon oil from one of them.  I can't remember the name of the chain off-hand, but I'll post it if/when I remember!  Our local market also has a stall about once a month selling herb, spices and various supplements.  I get garlic oil capsules from them - they are much cheaper than the shops.

Kathy

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 9:34 AM by pengyang Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hah.

Yes,maybe !!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

WANTED - Long Term Let - La Nucia / Polop / Alfaz del Pi - 2 posts
Hotel/Motel outside Madrid - 2 posts
We want to buy a satellite dish - 0 posts
Healthcare Experience - 4 posts
Am I liable to pay taxes - 0 posts
Legal taxi transfers based at Villa Martin - 4 posts
Zero excess on car rentals - 0 posts
Breach Of Contract-Asking For A Discount? - 10 posts
taxman trying it on... - 5 posts
Making A Compliant Against Court/Judge - 5 posts
VISA Electron - 17 posts
N & P Woes - 20 posts
CAR HIRE RIP OFF BY CARTRAWLER - 8 posts
Who owns and who can use unfenced land. Where can shepherds graze their flocks? - 7 posts
Wholesalers for market stalls/small shops etc. - 2 posts
Indonesian/Thai food in Murcia city? - 11 posts
Las Vegas strip in Spain - 5 posts
THE RAT CATCHERS IS SECURIY CLEARED BY M16 - 0 posts
INROAL Depost Return Cases - 4 posts
Any one missing UK radio? - 3 posts
Fined for driving with ear piece! - 4 posts
gardener/handyman - 13 posts
WANTED: El Suplemento "Magazine" del periodico "El Mundo" 25 Enero 2011 - 1 posts
Who looks after your dog when your away??? - 6 posts
PLANE RIP OFF AND THEIR GETTING AWAY WITH IT - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x