Hi Im new around here - do you know................

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by marioninspain Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I live here now and have some of my  family coming out in April - we want to make use of the transport we will  have hired  to go and visit some memorable places.....without staying overnight - where shall we go - me, my two sons, their partners and 3 young girls of 11?????  It doesnt have to be just for the kids - we all want to see a bit of Spain while we can.... I live near Estepona.....

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 4:52 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Ronda, Cordoba and Granada come to mind all for sightseeing. April is a great time to visit Ronda especially if you decide to take a stroll down into the gorge. (We did it in August in a town centre temp of 44C...never again. Far too hot)!

Then of course there is Gibraltar. Just a quick word about Gib...it can be roasting on the CDS but temps in Gib can be several degrees lower so if you can see clouds overhanging the Rock, take a jacket.

All are within easy reach of Estapona.

Closer to home and for the kids, Tivoli World re-opens 2nd April.

Fuengirola Zoo; now, whilst Zoos may not be everyones idea of a good time, you could always try something different and wholly original Lobo Park near Antequera.

Hope these few suggestions help.

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 14/02/2011.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 5:00 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

There are some lovely Spanish pueblos inland such as Ronda (if you don't mind scary drives!), Ojén and Mijas.  I am sure people who live near you can suggest other places to visit.  Marbella and other towns on the coast are reasonable out of season, and we like Málaga, which is often overlooked. 

Just glanced down and seen foxbat's reply.  We visited Córdoba for my birthday last September and loved it there.  

Enjoy!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 5:11 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Also if I remember correctly Seville is not too far. That is a lovely place to visit, but you really need more than a day.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 5:49 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Tarifa, Cadiz city, Jerez de la Frontera, Conil de la Frontera are all worth a visit, and are all in Cadiz province, west of the Costa del Sol.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ladders - 0 posts
High Quality furniture for sale in EV, Murcia - 0 posts
Presidents voting without AGM Permission - 0 posts
Leather Headboards x2 Singles - 0 posts
Toys- Mama's & Papa's Push Chair for Sale - 0 posts
El Presidente whats it like to live there? - 3 posts
Easter - 2 posts
capital gains tax - 11 posts
renewing residencias - 0 posts
how much do you need to live on in spain - 40 posts
THE PETITION THROW-BACK - 110 posts
Water connection - 5 posts
solicitud certificacion de no residencia - 1 posts
Taxis from Alicante airport - 9 posts
Question for La Torre and Mar Menor Owners - 2 posts
Bank Properties Polaris World - 0 posts
Fresh Idea for Michael O'Leary... - 6 posts
Buy on Polaris World La Torre? - 0 posts
car for sale - 3 posts
Jobs at Malaga Airport - 9 posts
FS - 1.9 Satellite dish and sky HD box with viewing card - 2 posts
clieve - 0 posts
Hi to everyone - not been on here b4 but do have some questions, for all you good people out there - 9 posts
Looking for guitar (flamenco)entertainment/restaurant in Alhaurin el grandee area - 1 posts
Bratley & Sharp Associates is a scam!! - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x