El Presidente whats it like to live there?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by aispeake Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

We are seriously considering purchasing a property in El Presidente in Estepona. Does anyone have any experience of this Urbanisation? Good or bad?

Many thanks

Andrew

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 11:01 PM by mark003 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

we stayed in a 2 bed top floor apartment with a small roof terrace here 5 years ago. we loved the apartment it was so quiete there and peacefull, it was in May. all the 5 pools were lovely especially the massive one with the island bit and bridge, the only thing that spoilt that was the security guard that walked round constantly and shouted at people playing with balls etc in the pool they called him the no fun police!! the only thing that i hated there was that main road, it was a complete race track all the time and we dreaded going anywhere!

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 11:07 AM by fhmg Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

el presidente  - mid way between san pedro & estopona, so once the new underpass opens at san pedro it will mean about 8 mins to puerto banus & 12 mins to marbella along the coast road , even now without the underpass its only about 15 mins to banus (road works included) apart from july & august when you have the bottleneck, the new underpass (when it finally gets completed will alleviate that), posistion wise i would say its a really good spot (once christened the new golden mile), the urbanisation is (to my recollection) spot on, even has one heated pool so you can swim all year round, plenty of resteraunts etc locally & a real good build quality. i used to own an apartment their & sold about 8 years ago (i was made an offer i couldnt refuse !!!) & subsequently moved to banus itself to playa del duque which was quite "swanky" again sold & then brought a cheaper new build in calahonda hills as our 25 year or so love affair with southern spain had really started to wain. in the 4 years we owned on el presidente we enjoyed the "strict" rules & regulations & visible security presence as it kept a sense of order & quality about the place (sounds a bit snobby but it kept the standars up & thats coming from a london guy with 4 boys who were allways in trouble for playing football !!!), in our time there a lot of spannish people owned on the site & in our years & years of experience this is a good thing as it would seem they are quite voiciferous in making sure everything is maintained correctly , overall i believe its a top quality development that was well maintained & had a strong communtity that worked to make sure the rules & regulations were adhered to which can sometimes seem petty (& we fell foul to them often) but it sure does keep your investment solid !!!  , my wife always says it was the best apartment we owned & in hindsight (a wonderful thing) i agree with her. i in a very depressed market, with a second wave of recession really biting & i think a really tough year ahead if you are going to invest in a spannish costa del sol property then a long established , very well maintained top quality site like el presidente is a far better bet than most of the newer developments littered with bank repo's, badly maintained communities (empy homes = no community fees = poor maintenance etc).   good luck , would be very interested to hear how you get on.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2011 12:01 PM by PeterInSpain Star rating in Marbella, Spain. 39 posts Send private message

Hi Andrew,

We manage some apartments at El Presidente and would highly recommend it - it does seem a little 'stricter' than some other developments, but that seems to work well in terms of keeping up standards around the urbanisation. The Community is well run and when our owners have faced any problems these have been resolved speedily and professionally....

I agree with some of the other comments with reference to security being 'keen', but having been to lots of places without such a visible presence I know which one I would prefer!

If you need any help just let me know,

Good luck,

Peter

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Easter - 2 posts
capital gains tax - 11 posts
renewing residencias - 0 posts
how much do you need to live on in spain - 40 posts
THE PETITION THROW-BACK - 110 posts
Water connection - 5 posts
solicitud certificacion de no residencia - 1 posts
Taxis from Alicante airport - 9 posts
Question for La Torre and Mar Menor Owners - 2 posts
Bank Properties Polaris World - 0 posts
Fresh Idea for Michael O'Leary... - 6 posts
Buy on Polaris World La Torre? - 0 posts
car for sale - 3 posts
Jobs at Malaga Airport - 9 posts
FS - 1.9 Satellite dish and sky HD box with viewing card - 2 posts
clieve - 0 posts
Hi to everyone - not been on here b4 but do have some questions, for all you good people out there - 9 posts
Looking for guitar (flamenco)entertainment/restaurant in Alhaurin el grandee area - 1 posts
Bratley & Sharp Associates is a scam!! - 7 posts
Opel Corsa 1.3CDTI (Diesel) Ecoflex - 5 door - Black - New in September 2010 - 0 posts
Cheap spanish course in Madrid - 1 posts
Community Fees - 2 posts
nouran - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence. - 46 posts
Spanish Mortgage for UK house purchase - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x