THE PETITION THROW-BACK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2011 9:06 AM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Maria, where are your co-professional voices in all of this? Why are they not bringing attention to the non application of law as things stand right now? Why do they hide behind petitions in silence as they witness their clients denied of recompense? Why are they not proactively influencing and prioritorising the need for fair and TIMELY rule of law in Spain? Why should anyone ever consider Spain as a safe place to invest when you have a Justice system in such disarray? When are the legal professionals ever going to stand up and be counted in this abusive scenario?

Like 0      
12 Apr 2011 9:32 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

just thought I'd put these details back up from belucky. If we can at least get a few of us with banners to these events, we are doing what we can.

Thanks everyone who continues to support those of us who have been cheated out of their life's savings and spent years fighting for justice. 

A PLACE IN THE SUN LIVE

NEC    BIRMINGHAM

Friday 30th September  2011           10.00 - 17.00

Saturday 1st October  2011              10.00 - 17.00

Sunday 2nd October  2011               10.00 - 17.00

ads

your question to maria is one I've asked on several occasions, but it seems although some lawyers agree with us in principal, they are not prepared to take on the system that they know full well has cheated so many and continues to do so and through that is holding back investment in Spain.

With the evidence of the petitions as well as their own cases of injustices, I see no reason why the lawyers can't do a hell of a lot more to bring forward the much needed changes that would benifit all on the right side of justice and help kick start Spain's ever failing property industry?

As long as they continue to accept delays, poor regulation, and lack of implementation of law in reasonable time frames etc, as 'just the way their system works', then what will change?  If they are not prepared to make a stand, then what chance the individual?   A win in court is just not enough, however many?, when  the system still denies 'real' justice as in money returned, but the lawyers fail to see that as all important. 

Like 0      
12 Apr 2011 9:51 AM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

If lawyers are not prepared to come together as a strong voice on this, then perhaps the time has come for clients to vociferously ask their lawyers to do something about this (in writing) and to name and shame those who refuse to do so!

I will ask the questions again.

• What is the point of a successful legal judgement if it is not implemented in a timely fashion?
  • What are legal professionals prepared to do about the non application of law?
  • How many of your clients are stuck in this abusive situation?
  • What are you prepared to do about it?
  • When are you going to demonstrate that your clients interests for recompense as per their successful legal judgements are classed as a priority and worth fighting for?
  • Why should anyone ever consider Spain as a safe place to invest when you have a Justice system in such disarray?
  • When are the legal professionals ever going to stand up and be counted in this abusive scenario?

This message was last edited by ads on 12/04/2011.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2011 12:03 PM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi ads,

I agree with everything you ask and I believe that the evidence of the lack of commitment by lawyers is infront of our eyes.

If they had a modicum of  faith in the Spanish legal system, and had confidence that their clients would be compensated then they would have no qualms in advocating "NO WIN NO FEE"

However as goodstitch says winning your court case means absolutely nothing until you get your money refunded.

This message was last edited by belucky358 on 12/04/2011.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2011 1:42 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

how to persuade realisation without giving offence??????????

"Normansands

You talk about a blessed escape. How dare you? That is an insult to all those who have lost their life savings and sold their family homes to fund this purchase. ......My life savings are also lost, they could have gone to reduce my home mortgage but on an inheritance basis it was thought not to because of the current low interest rates............. My husband and I are due to retire in 3 years time and have nothing to look forward to as we have no home of our own and no chance of buying another after losing so much to Huma. Wow, you must have been absolutely convinced of very high investment returns to have commtted so much more than just your life savings. You are obviously in a much better position than a lot of us here and to say we have had a blessed escape is despicable. .....Yes, I see your point, I am comfortable and can afford my lifestyle from my pension, I just have no life saving reserves....... We did not go into this blindly and checked the companies out before we bought, yet despite this it still went wrong. I am so insulted by your comment..................Unfortunately that is just what you did, you blindly trusted those you were dealing with and who were dishonestly persuading you, the number one crooks being the lawyers and the corrupt country.

My husband and I are committed to fighting for justice and don't usually resort to replying to the stupid quotes some people make, but your comment has infuriated us so much that I had to reply. I am sure there are a lot more who feel the same"...............very sorry you are upset and insulted but it is hardly my fault and if it makes you think twice before trusting a lawyer again with your remaining funds then I can bear the criticism.

Good luck and keep posting.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
12 Apr 2011 2:58 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ads

despite some lawyers making positive noises about the petitions and advising that we all sign, I really think they feel under no obligation to help force change in the often dreadful system they work within.  We see it for what it is, corruption, lies, deception, and abuse of human rights.  I think the lawyers must just see it as politics that can only be changed by the will of the people, and if the majority of people in Spain don't care about the demise of their biggest industry, and those cheated within it at all levels of justice,  then why should they?

The lawyers do their job,  and some win their cases. What happens after that and the injustice and mess we are often left in is not their worry, they can blame the system and even agree with us that it's wrong sometimes?, .......... but do they really want change???

Like 0      
12 Apr 2011 4:03 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Perhaps we should be looking at this from a different perspective on this forum and ask for evidence of actual recompense, and not case wins, as a means of identifying which law firms are worthy of recognition when following through with future Bank claims and the like.

That way there is an incentive for law firms to prove their total commitment to their clients. If they are not able to do so due to political interference, and this starts to impact on their business, then it would certainly be in their own longer term interests to ensure that these abusive delays were resolved from within.

As things stand at present Law firms appear to have little incentive to address these issues, so long as clients continue to seek their legal  assistance, so we should be advising everyone considering a future Bank claim route (or any legal route for that matter), to ask Law firms to be more transparent and demonstrate how many of their clients have actually received recompense from their case wins, before employing their services.

In other words the benchmark of approval should be the end result, not a part-way solution.

How would you feel about this Maria? Would you feel compromised by this or would you be content to honour this improved transparency?

I for one would be the first to sing the praises of any law firm that met this final criteria....

This message was last edited by ads on 12/04/2011.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2011 10:08 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Please respect forum thread **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 14/04/2011.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2011 9:53 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ads

yes, the bottom line is that a won case without money back in the account  in an acceptable time frame is a waste of time and money.  Lawyers quoting law and case study are missing the point. Unless cases of very obvious injustice are dealt with with speed, integrity and common sense, then the victim is cheated again, only this time by the justice system, and where does the victim go when the justice system betrays them?

Tez

please remember that those who really want to help people cheated will always support you.

q

Like 0      
14 Apr 2011 11:39 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Please respect the thread **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 14/04/2011.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2011 1:32 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by Poppyseed on 15/04/2011.

Poppyseed

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Water connection - 5 posts
solicitud certificacion de no residencia - 1 posts
Taxis from Alicante airport - 9 posts
Question for La Torre and Mar Menor Owners - 2 posts
Bank Properties Polaris World - 0 posts
Fresh Idea for Michael O'Leary... - 6 posts
Buy on Polaris World La Torre? - 0 posts
car for sale - 3 posts
Jobs at Malaga Airport - 9 posts
FS - 1.9 Satellite dish and sky HD box with viewing card - 2 posts
clieve - 0 posts
Hi to everyone - not been on here b4 but do have some questions, for all you good people out there - 9 posts
Looking for guitar (flamenco)entertainment/restaurant in Alhaurin el grandee area - 1 posts
Bratley & Sharp Associates is a scam!! - 7 posts
Opel Corsa 1.3CDTI (Diesel) Ecoflex - 5 door - Black - New in September 2010 - 0 posts
Cheap spanish course in Madrid - 1 posts
Community Fees - 2 posts
nouran - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence. - 46 posts
Spanish Mortgage for UK house purchase - 1 posts
German TV - 1 posts
Advice please for Australian pensioner moving to Spain - 6 posts
Flights to Almeria - 0 posts
Unemployment in Spain to stay above 20% until 2013 - 0 posts
Internet in Spain - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 111

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x