THE PETITION THROW-BACK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Feb 2011 8:16 PM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi Suzie,

I saw that on a previous message from Goodstich he asked......

"What  message would people like to see on a T-Shirt, leaflet, banner?"

I then noticed that you said.....

"I remember trying to drum up people to join me at a 'Spanish Property Exhibition' at Olympia, London some time ago.  I printed up hundreds of leaflets and just one lady made the effort to join me".

Could I ask if you have any of those leaflets left, and , if it is at all possible, have the contents of one of them copied onto this thread please.

Thank you.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 7:23 AM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Hello Belucky,  I printed the leaflets on A5 red paper (double-sided) & forwarded some to Goodstitch to print up.  Remember Goodstitch!  The aim of which was to highlight the problems to potential buyers and, very importantly at the time, to drum up signatures to the petition (text very similar to that on the website).  But these leaflets are now out of date.   The message needs to be entirely different & more focused on justice issues - which would also alert any potential buyers at the same time.

Will let you know if I have any joy with so-called 'celebrities'!

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 10:28 AM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

I don't know how many affected by the property issues, read of contribute to this or other forums??

But it staggers me that such a small number have any inclination in actually doing anything pro-active

We read so much about how big a number have been affected yet literally only a handful seem to have any intent on bringing about change.

Although i don't think as an individual you will cause much of a ripple, but as a body prepared to join together who know's!!

But reading forums and posting the occasional comment isn't really doing much at all

I accept some are doing more but it's the same old handfull

If you really want to see change, and yes even get your money back, commit to doing something, being somewhere.

It really is a numbers game.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 11:42 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Given enough notice I would attend anywhere. I'm not directly affected but feel very strongly that those who are should receive justice.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 1:41 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi all

I know many people on here complain about the Daily Mail, but would it be worth getting in touch with them?  Perhaps compose a letter about your plans and ask if they can send it out to any of their contacts who have told them stories about off-plan problems?  Perhaps, if you get enough people available to make it a "demonstration", see if they will provide coverage on the day?

Also, why not ask on EOS if anybody knows any celebrities who might be willing to help?  Gary Lineker anyone?

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 3:00 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

does the leaflets really need to be that different?

surely for newbies to be warned we need the same message most especially the one about the lawyers' crookedness.

how do we get the Mail involved?

so far we haven't even gained Keith's interest, perhaps he is on holiday?

and where is Goodstitch, digging out those leaflets I hope?

At the moment David is spot on.

that has got to be changed.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 3:42 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

"At the moment David is spot on.

that has got to be changed''

Normansands; If i didn't know deep down you really cared a boy could heart broken at the above lol

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 8:22 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

If it helps, I have a company in UK  that will print you banners, any size, free of charge.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 9:13 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

GuyT

That's a great offer. Well done you and a big  thanks from all involved. A good banner can't be ignored.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 10:50 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

are we moving on this?

GuyT many thanks but as Faro says we need a meeting to discuss tactics.

Perhaps we can do it the easy way with our computers even?

Hopefully stumps will be stirred soon.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
01 Mar 2011 9:43 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

01 Mar 2011 11:53 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi,

Thank you GuyT for your very kind offer, but judging from the response or should I say the lack of it, I don't think it will be needed ? ?      (  I hope I am proved wrong )

When I  read Suzies first entry on this thread, on the 13th Feb, I was amazed when she stated she only had three people who came forward and offered their assistance.         THATS THREE OUT OF ONE THOUSAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that  February has  gone, and  we are two weeks down the line, what have we accomplished ? ? ? only  a few volunteers for our "Demo" in London, in April, we have:-

Norman Sands          Faro           Poppyseed          David W and his partner          Suzie          Ads          Goodstich

This gives us the grand total of 8, and 3 of those are not affected ............ we have not even  reached double figures !   So if we keep going at this rate we will not get 30 to 40 participants till  2012.

Suzie,

Can you tell me if there is any way of ascertaining if the people who have signed your petition, are members of this forum ?  or are there other forums with petitioners, that we are not contacting?   I just can't believe that they are all so apathetic.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2011 1:59 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

ditto, spot on etc.

where is Keith and group, Kingof Spain and group????

what is going on????

even Goodstitch is fading in enthusiasm it seems.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
01 Mar 2011 6:46 PM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

01 Mar 2011 6:53 PM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

02 Mar 2011 11:46 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi Suzie,

Regarding the 1,000 people who have signed your peition, are you able to tell us, how they became aware of the petition ?

Was it purely through this forum or did you spread your net wider ?

It's obvious that we are not reaching the majority of petitioners at this moment and we need them A.S.A.P. 

Time is ticking on and the impending Spanish Road Shows will be upon us before we are able to arrange anything without the required 30 to 40 volunteers.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 12:15 PM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Pettioners have come from many avenues - not just this forum.

When you see that EOS boasts nearly 43,000 members, and yet it's the same few people talking about justice on here - I think that says a lot.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 1:00 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

But somehow contact needs to be made with all these different groups to see if we can muster enough support for protests.

I fear we may not be ready for this years property shows which tend to take place over mainly March & April.

Maybe these people need to be asked to register or join a group on something like facebook or linkedin or similar becuase it's clear they are not participating on EOS threads!

Anyone any ideas?

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 1:53 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

For those of us that live here in Spain at the second attempt and have been the victims of estate agents and develpers in the first, have you any sugestions as to how we can participate. Are there many of us still trying to get our money back?

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 2:04 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

If I remember rightly it's not so easy to arrange a protest here, they have to be prearranged and authorized by the local police. It has to be done legally, shame the same does not apply to the construction industry !!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Water connection - 5 posts
solicitud certificacion de no residencia - 1 posts
Taxis from Alicante airport - 9 posts
Question for La Torre and Mar Menor Owners - 2 posts
Bank Properties Polaris World - 0 posts
Fresh Idea for Michael O'Leary... - 6 posts
Buy on Polaris World La Torre? - 0 posts
car for sale - 3 posts
Jobs at Malaga Airport - 9 posts
FS - 1.9 Satellite dish and sky HD box with viewing card - 2 posts
clieve - 0 posts
Hi to everyone - not been on here b4 but do have some questions, for all you good people out there - 9 posts
Looking for guitar (flamenco)entertainment/restaurant in Alhaurin el grandee area - 1 posts
Bratley & Sharp Associates is a scam!! - 7 posts
Opel Corsa 1.3CDTI (Diesel) Ecoflex - 5 door - Black - New in September 2010 - 0 posts
Cheap spanish course in Madrid - 1 posts
Community Fees - 2 posts
nouran - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence. - 46 posts
Spanish Mortgage for UK house purchase - 1 posts
German TV - 1 posts
Advice please for Australian pensioner moving to Spain - 6 posts
Flights to Almeria - 0 posts
Unemployment in Spain to stay above 20% until 2013 - 0 posts
Internet in Spain - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 111

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x