cost of tabbaco in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by arther Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi can anyone tell me current price of golden virginia in spain coming over soon

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 4:46 PM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

half kilo 66eu just gone up from 46eu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am told there is one tobaaco here didnt get name but is in yellow pack cost 46eu

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 4:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

http://eurochange.es/seccion/en/prices/2/_table

Golden Virginia 10 Pouches x 50 grms 67.50 €

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 5:00 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.......perfect reason to give up and get fit .

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 5:05 PM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Please respect terms of posting **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 07/02/2011.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 5:28 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

06 Feb 2011 7:34 PM by arther Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

hmm was hoping to buy up my limmit sell back home to fund my car hire but with that price not gonna work

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 7:40 PM by Flybynight Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

Flybynight´s avatar

Ahaaaaa.... a drugs dealer then!  Well, personally, I'm glad your plans have been thwarted.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 7:44 PM by arther Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

every dog has its day. hmmm none smoker i suppose

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 7:44 PM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

note i go back and forth a lot have never seen anyone stopped by uk customs

actually just rembered my partner was coverloaded with fags they just waved here through!i have never been stopped by custums any where in the world ever

This message was last edited by amep75 on 06/02/2011.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 9:33 PM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

£30 for 10 x 50g packs in Gibraltar.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 10:15 PM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

YES BUT YOU V=CAN ONLY BREING 50 GRAM OUT OF GIBRALTER DEUR

NOT A BIG DEas is it cost13 eu to get there

Like 0      
07 Feb 2011 11:19 AM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

and gibraltar must be the most boring place on earth

Like 0      
07 Feb 2011 1:27 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

10 Feb 2011 1:39 AM by tonyl Star rating in Bristol and Águilas,.... 7 posts Send private message

Arther - you can only bring it into the UK for your own personal use.

Selling it is frowned on by HMRC

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 11:02 AM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

Arthur,

You can only bring 250g of smoking tobacco into Spain from Gibraltar.  If you are stopped anything over that will be confiscated.  But the probability of being stopped is very low.  And the worst that is likely to happen is that they will take the lot. 

You can take as much into the UK as you like as long as it is for your personal use.  Astonishingly, the guidance is that no questions are likely to be asked by Customs if you bring in less than 3kg - so 12 packs of 250g. See, for example,  http://www.manchester-airport-guide.co.uk/dutyfree.html

The biggest danger to your scheme is that HMRC don't just "frown" on you selling it.  They will nick you, you will go to court, you will lose all your profit (proceeds of crime) and you will be hit with a heavy fine on top.  That's your gamble.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 1:46 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

jek

But the probability of being stopped is very low.  And the worst that is likely to happen is that they will take the lot.

They have been cracking down massively over the last couple of months, so I'd say your chances of getting stopped are quite high at the moment. 

You can take as much into the UK as you like as long as it is for your personal use.

This only applies to duty paid cigarettes, so you'd still only be able to take 200 Gib cigarettes or 250g of Gib tobacco into the UK from Spain.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 3:04 PM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

Sanchez

They have been cracking down massively over the last couple of months

Not that I've noticed.  I go through on a British passport and have never been stopped.  And you'd have to be pretty unlucky to be the one in, what?, twenty that they stopped on an occasional clampdown.  Chances of being stopped are about the same as the chances of Malaga winning La Liga this year.

This only applies to duty paid cigarettes, so you'd still only be able to take 200 Gib cigarettes or 250g of Gib tobacco into the UK from Spain.

I am talking tobacco with Gibraltarian duty paid.  The duty was increased from last month following the Spanish duty increase.  Last year I was paying £12.90 for 250g.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 3:59 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

I am talking tobacco with Gibraltarian duty paid.  The duty was increased from last month following the Spanish duty increase.  Last year I was paying £12.90 for 250g.

No you can't ,Gibraltar is not in the EU.

Duty Free Allowances - Travelling back from outside the EU.

When travelling from a non-EU country (including the Canary Islands, the Channel islands and Gibraltar) you can bring the following into the UK for your own use without paying UK tax or duty:

- 200 cigarettes; or 100 cigarillos; or 50 cigars; or 250g of tobacco - 60cc of perfume - 2 litres of still table wine - 250cc of eau de toilette - 1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22 per cent volume; or 2 litres of fortified wine, sparkling wine or other liqueurs such as port or sherry and - 145 pounds worth of all other goods including gifts and souvenirs

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2011 6:56 PM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

Gus,

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear, but I mentioned the risks involved in bringing more than 250g back into Spain from Gibraltar so the implication was that they would then be taken to England on a flight originating in Spain.  I take your point that the limit is then the non-EU limit and there is a risk of being stopped if you exceed that lower limit.  But realistically the chances of a Customs officer checking a Spanish flight where 3kg is the guide amount to check whether the baccy was tax-paid in Spain or Gibraltar are about the same as the chances of Lorca winning La Liga this year.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Art Supplies - 1 posts
for sale uk registered campervan - 3 posts
Hi from the UK - 1 posts
Just started considering....... - 2 posts
Does anyone understand court property auctions? - 6 posts
Hola - 5 posts
Motorhome or RV Wanted - 11 posts
where to live - 5 posts
How bad has it been in Spain - 71 posts
Off to See Maria de Castro - 33 posts
Help! Spanish ATM ate our holiday cash but bank still not returned it 7 months later! - 4 posts
WHO WANTS TO LIVE IN AMERICA :-) - 2 posts
Funerals in Spain - 12 posts
Wanted "Weight training equipment" - 0 posts
Taking new ps3 from uk - 4 posts
Entered on Official Boletin - what happens next? - 0 posts
"L" Shape Lounger (Settee) - 2 posts
drains - 4 posts
House in Cartama, Coin Alhaurin area - 0 posts
Non-resident cert processing? Help - 2 posts
Certificate of Registration of the EU - 17 posts
Residencia renewals - 9 posts
"Corvera Airport" any news?? - 3 posts
management agency problem help please - 8 posts
car hire - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x