Looking for short/long term rental costa del sol from May 2011

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by TheSmurfinator Star rating in Calahonda. 8 posts Send private message

TheSmurfinator´s avatar

HI,

I'm looking to move out to Spain in May 2011.

Although we will be buying eventually we are going to be renting for at least a year.

we are looking for either:

A semi short term furnished let - one to three months, so that we can find a long term let that is right for us. 2 bed/1 bath minimum

OR

A long term let of 6 or 12 months, unfurnished. 2 bed 2 bath minimum.

Fairly open on areas between Torremolinos and Estepona, but would prefer Calahonda/Las Chapas area as I have friends there.

It will be for me and my boyfriend(in our 30's), with my mum coming over and staying quite a lot.

No children, but I do have a small Yorkshire terrier (well behaved and not a yappy dog)

Let me know if you have anything that might be suitable for us.

thanks in advance

Joanne

Like 0      
02 Feb 2011 4:30 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Hi Joanne,

I have a friend with a 2 bed 1 bath in Calahonda and she accepts pets no problem, her tenants have just advised they are leaving in April.

Detilas are:

2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom

Sky TV

Air con hot & cold

Fully furnished and equipped

Ground floor

Garden & pool

Close to all amenities

If you are interested email me and i will send you her details joanmalaga08@gmail.com

Joan

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 12:07 AM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

Have a look in the Sur in English you can read this online.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 9:59 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Joanne

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

Take a look at our long term rentals section.  There are quite a few properties there that may be of interest to you.

Best of luck with your search.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 11:34 AM by Andyfamily Star rating in Hertfordshire. 32 posts Send private message

Hi , We have a property that may be of interest.  We are in La Cala Hills. Please let me know. Thanks.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 3:23 PM by TheSmurfinator Star rating in Calahonda. 8 posts Send private message

TheSmurfinator´s avatar

Thanks for the replies guys and gals.

just to reiterate, I don't want to go any further out towards Gib than Estepona - so anywhere between Torremolinos and Estepona, and not TOO far inland either please

for a long term let it also needs to be UNFURNISHED

for a semi long term let of 1-3 months it would need to be furnished

Andyfamily - you have a private message :)

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 9:05 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

This website EYE ON SPAIN has properties you may be interested in or try www.ownersdirect.co.uk they have some too

Regards

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

This message was last edited by rod on 03/02/2011.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2011 12:32 PM by stanleymiguel Star rating in Kensington London UK. 15 posts Send private message

Why dont you rent her your place Rod it looks fantastic

Stan

Like 0      
05 Feb 2011 10:27 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Hi Stan

I would rent my property to these people but the community has a strict rule on no dogs and I think most communitys do unless anyone can say differently

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Feb 2011 1:16 PM by TheSmurfinator Star rating in Calahonda. 8 posts Send private message

TheSmurfinator´s avatar

Hi Rod.

Is that true?

I have friends out there, and have been staying out there for a decade, in various communities and there have always been dogs around.

I thought it was more down to the personal choice of the property owner? I have asked about various properties and some of them have said that they don't want the dog, which is of course fine, but none of them have said that dogs aren't allowed as part of the community terms.

If anyone can clarify this I would appreciate it :)

Like 0      
05 Feb 2011 1:58 PM by andyfamily Star rating in Hertfordshire. 32 posts Send private message

Hi,

There are quite a few dog owners in our community. I think you are right - it's up to the owners to make the rules.  Around the pool area of course it is prohibited for obvious reasons, but there are plenty of open areas where we are to take the dog for a walk. As long as you clean up afterwards there shouldn't be a problem.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 1:44 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Smurfinator

I can only reply for our own community who disallow dogs but it seems other communitys have different rules its a good job you found this out before commiting as having to get rid of your pet would be Im sure very upsetting.

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
08 Feb 2011 3:06 PM by Yvonne.HomeCareontheWeb Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Joanne,

Just letting you know that the majority of the urbanizations do accept pets and it is on discretion of the owner for property.

Also I wanted to let you know that you can have a look at our website homerentalontheweb. com

Hope we can help you find the right property.

Kind regards,

Yvonne

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Handing back your property - 13 posts
Unprofessional Property Rental Agents – A Generalisation - 8 posts
Murcia Bank - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Mijas Costa - 3 posts
can we get english channels via sky or freeview for one off fee and no monthly fees?? - 3 posts
euibor - 5 posts
texting from spain to uk - 5 posts
Getting a few bits back from Arriate - 0 posts
Rental - 0 posts
English vehicles - 46 posts
Hi from a new member - and we need to get a few possessions back from Arriate - 3 posts
want to visit the costa Calida - 0 posts
Property rental/management agent - Benalmadena-Arroyo de la Miel - 1 posts
Trying to speak to San miguel schools - 19 posts
Selling without an agent - 5 posts
Think you can do better! - 8 posts
Places to stop Northern Spain - 1 posts
Grandkids! Funny aren't they? - 0 posts
Restaurante Kampai - 0 posts
Best website to advertise your property on - 4 posts
Insurance and changing to spanish plates? - 17 posts
having friend in spain.. - 0 posts
Sunday Times/SanSebastian - 0 posts
Looking for work - 5 posts
moveing to spain - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x