texting from spain to uk

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

hi

We come over to our place a few times a year and our teenage children miss the texting to there mates.

I have read it is cheaper to get a Spanish sim but wil wel not pay the same amount to text. 

Not rally interested in phone calls but can anyone suggest ways that they can use their mobiles to text cheaply.

In England they are texting all the time but they have unlimited text. I don't think the English companies offer any good details for texting from abroad.

Thanks

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 6:30 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Even if you get a spanish sim it's not cheap.About 29c a text ( & mines cut price ! ). It's cheaper for me to ring & speak.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 6:33 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Texting from a Spanish phone or phone with a Spanish Sim card is expensive; not only does the textee pay but also the recipient pays for the UK portion of the data transfer.

It costs us an arm and a leg every time wifey goes home to the UK.

We have found it far better if you have internet access over here to use msn messenger or google chat...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 7:11 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

If I am texting to the UK I always use Skype .09€ incl iva

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 7:14 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

With my O2 package I don't pay for texts from my UK mobile while I am in Spain, instead each text is treated as 4 from my allowance.

It suits me as the allowance is 500 per month but teenagers may be a different matter!!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 7:46 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I use voipstunt and pay less than 4 cents a text/sms.

check out www.voipstunt.com

but it does require internet access so might not be a solution for you.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Getting a few bits back from Arriate - 0 posts
Rental - 0 posts
English vehicles - 46 posts
Hi from a new member - and we need to get a few possessions back from Arriate - 3 posts
want to visit the costa Calida - 0 posts
Property rental/management agent - Benalmadena-Arroyo de la Miel - 1 posts
Trying to speak to San miguel schools - 19 posts
Selling without an agent - 5 posts
Think you can do better! - 8 posts
Places to stop Northern Spain - 1 posts
Grandkids! Funny aren't they? - 0 posts
Restaurante Kampai - 0 posts
Best website to advertise your property on - 4 posts
Insurance and changing to spanish plates? - 17 posts
having friend in spain.. - 0 posts
Sunday Times/SanSebastian - 0 posts
Looking for work - 5 posts
moveing to spain - 15 posts
Banks and Bank Guarantees...Is this another step in the right direction. - 13 posts
Spanish Lawyers Professional Indemnity Insurance - 45 posts
Which supermarkets sell bread flour? - 5 posts
Ladies Hockey on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Man with a van Altea area - 0 posts
Spanish Lawyers Professional Indemnity Insurance. - 0 posts
Trouble with room safe - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x