eyeonspain iphone app

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

I had this app on another iphone but need tgo download it again. I cant find it on the itunes APPS  store. Does anyone know has it been removed?

Like 0      
10 Jan 2011 10:13 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Erm....we've never had an iPhone app

We will do one eventually but it's a huge job and not enough of our users are accessing the site at the moment through their mobiles.

However, ,we do hope to have one up and running some time this year.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Jan 2011 1:30 PM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

Justin thanks for your reply. I had an IPhone 3G which I downloaded the EOS app in ?Dec 2010, it would have been from the Apple app store because I have only ever got apps from there. However it would not copy to my ITunes library. I recently reset my phone and sold it. I found the app very useful and wanted it for my new iPhone but when I went onto the iTunes app site it wasn't there. I even rang Apple but they couldn't help me. I just wish now I had taken a screen photo of the app on my phone. Luckily my husband used to use it also so i know i am not going crazy. An app was much easier than using a bookmark & I had the app on my main front screen, I used it daily. Now.I must be honest I only look on EOS infrequently. I am now wondering if it was some fake app which was just after my details. However do let me know if you get one I will be one of the first to download. Oh and by the way it was a free app :-)

Like 0      
10 Jan 2011 2:47 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It's all very odd as we've never created an EOS app!

I was just looking at the stats.  Last year around 100 people per day were accessing the site via an iphone. , which is only around 1% of our traffic.

The really interesting figure is the number of people accessing via an iPad which is fast catching up with iPhone users.

Overall though, mobile and iPad users account for just 2.7% of our site visitors.  That's still very low.

When we hit 5% I think we'll seriously look to getting apps developed.  I know it's the way things are going (I access the site a lot via my iPhone) but the problem is that we have to make an iPhone app, an iPad app and an Android app. That's a lot of apping work!

Let's see if we can make some more money this year and get someone in to do it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Aug 2013 8:04 AM by RichA4 Star rating. 351 posts Send private message

Resurrecting an old thread, did anything ever happen with and app for Android or apple or are there any plans to.

Thanks

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1400292606920238?ref=bookmark

Like 0      
27 Aug 2013 9:01 AM by janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

No but I realised all you need to do is add to home screen and this gives what looks like an App. You go to arrow at top of screen. The one which you would share by email etc. click ADD TO HOME SCREEN It then puts a App like symbol on your front screen. I also realised you can do this with any site where there is no proper App. I hope this is useful.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2013 9:06 AM by RichA4 Star rating. 351 posts Send private message

Thank you, yes I do this already, i just prefer the UI of a designated app.

Thanks

Like 0      
27 Aug 2013 9:19 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We've now added it to our "to do list" smiley.

Unfortunately there's lots already on the list but we'll get onto it as soon as we can.

Thanks for the feedback.

EOS Team

Like 0      
27 Aug 2013 9:38 AM by RichA4 Star rating. 351 posts Send private message

Good to hear it's in the pipeline.

I've written a few very basic apps for Android (personal use) compared to apple the open source of google it's a far easier platform for writing apps

Thanks.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

reliable lawyer,Caravaca de la cruz area - 1 posts
Villarenters booking calendar - 0 posts
Tax Liability when operating a UK registered Ltd Co. in Spain?? - 10 posts
The parents fault and not spain faults ??? - 10 posts
Peninsula Properties Granada -Medina Golf Development - 14 posts
Name That House (the one without Pine & Blue} - 6 posts
Ryanair - Durham Tees Valley + Easy Jet Murcia? - 3 posts
Legal notification - 10 posts
LANDROVER FREELANDER TD4 2001 - 0 posts
England forever - 7 posts
For Sale - Seat Arosa 1.4i Auto - 5 posts
Health care in UK for returning expats - 12 posts
college/ apprenticeships - 3 posts
crime in general - 3 posts
car swap - 3 posts
Flu - any better in Spain - 2 posts
Please could yo help us in locating Wayne Stoneman - 2 posts
Baad Parrot - 1 posts
Any Dog Friendly Hotels - Santander to Alicante ?? - 19 posts
How to get from Malaga station to Cathedral area - 1 posts
Small website for rental property - 2 posts
Experianced bar/resturant manager seeks work - 0 posts
Hello! - 4 posts
Information on El Raso, Guardamar Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Good News - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x