Hello!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by Jessicabernice Star rating in Douglas, Isle of Man. 3 posts Send private message

Hello, I'm new to this, but my family and I are hoping to move to Spain in the next few months.
We are currently living in the Isle of Man and my step-dad has just received a job offer in Gibraltar and we are looking to rent somewhere in Sotogrande, or anywhere near there.
Also as I am 16 years old, we are curious about education there? I am doing my A Levels at the moment, but are wondering if there's any chance I can do anything over in Spain, or if it's fairly easy for a job?

If anyone has any information, please contact me! :)

xx

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 12:19 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Jessica stay away from Real Estate jobs it has a very bad reputation though at your age thats not appropriate anyway my advice learn as much of the Lingo as you can before and during your stay this will help in any vocation you choose a housemaid is always a start all those second homes need cleaning

I hope sincerely you and your family do well out there

Reagrds Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 2:29 PM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

Jessica, if you're 16, I guess you are doing AS.  Going to Spain in the next few months would be the worst thing you could possibly do educationally unless you are going to go to one of the English language international schools which cost a small fortune.  If your stepdad can afford it, then great.  You can do AS and A2 out there. 

But if you are going out in the next few months looking to get into the Spanish state school system,  you are writing off two years of your life.  You will miss out on getting your AS and be too late to benefit from the Spanish school system this academic year.  So next year you will start the bachillerato and you will struggle with the language.  So you may well be asked to repeat the first year and take three years to do the two year course.  And bachillerato isn't like AS and A2 where you pick your favourite subjects.  I'm not sure of the exact details but about six to eight subjects are compulsory including maths and language and you have to do a few more from a list of options.  And you have to pass them all to get the bachillerato. 

So my advice is either stay in the UK and get your A2s or look at education in Gib - which would mean your folks renting there. 

Like 0      
07 Jan 2011 1:52 PM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

A good area to rent is Manilva,Duquesa, Sabinilles,casares costa area, about 25mins drive from Gib. rental costs are very good at the moment as there arte lots of choice, and a big ex pat community.

Nick

Like 0      
11 Jan 2011 8:59 PM by Jessicabernice Star rating in Douglas, Isle of Man. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you guys for your help!

We are looking in those areas for a place to rent, and we are taking into consideration about the international school, if all else fails, I can do a course at the Gibraltar College, (Either Business or Accounting).
At the moment, we are trying to find people to be in contact with, to get an idea about the place, and also a few people I could be in contact with who goes to schools in the area, or people the same age as me. If you could help, that would be brilliant! :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Information on El Raso, Guardamar Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Good News - 6 posts
Business Directory Error - 1 posts
Solar water heaters - 13 posts
Benalmadena wi fi connection - 2 posts
Los Tres Reyes Magos - 2 posts
The president of lawyers for collaboration to improve Justice - 0 posts
Smoking Ban - 2 posts
Time to swap your Nationwide account - 43 posts
Newbees - 2 posts
Hello! I'm also new here!! - 1 posts
Bacco D.O.C. Valencia - 2 posts
hi,i am new here. - 0 posts
help me please - 2 posts
SC IPHONE 4G - 6 posts
Iberdrola energy company - 2 posts
I am leaving Spain - 6 posts
Alternatives?? - 3 posts
How can I get a better price on the ski pass for Sierra Nevada? - 15 posts
Summer job - 0 posts
english electrician will i be able to work in spain? - 0 posts
New Case Law November 2010 on Banks risponsabilities - 45 posts
Torresta - 1 posts
If you missed this, here you are .. the fireworks in London at midnight. - 4 posts
Let me introduce myself. - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x