Good News

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

This is from todays OPP magazine website

Landmark ruling forces Spanish bank to refund deposit

A landmark ruling may have been made by a provincial court in Cantabria, northern Spain, this week when it found in favour of a buyer who paid a deposit on a property in Arce that was never built.

The purchaser was told that he had the legal right to demand a full refund from the bank, Caja Cantabria, that guaranteed the construction.

The bank was reminded of its responsibility under Spanish property law 57/1968 "to protect the funds paid by the buyer into a special account and ensure they are used solely for the purpose of building the property" and then promptly held to account for failing in its duty.

"This is an encouraging development for those affected in the Cantabria region, but it is too early to say whether it creates any kind of legal precedent for people in other parts of Spain" said the Spanish Embassy.

Charles Svoboda, vice president of the Valencian action group Abusos Urbanisticos - No (AUN) said: "while this is an improvement, and it does make me hopeful, it's important to remember that half of the Spanish banks are in financial trouble and many of the developers have gone out of business or simply disappeared - so where is this money going to come from to pay people back?"

©               www.opp.org.uk

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2011 7:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

That is good news.  I know Maria has mentioned several times in her podcasts that going after the banks is the way to go really, and this shows that at least that strategy is working.

Early days but a great bit of news.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 9:35 AM by soodmall Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

that's really a good news~

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 12:13 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

This seems like a move in the right direction the crooked Banks must be worried about that

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 1:32 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Sounds good in theory, but where are the banks going to get all this money from?

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 5:06 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Rental income?????

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/SpanishBusinessNews/4408/spains-banks-go-from-owning-to-renting.aspx

http://www.expatforum.com/spain/british-banks-join-with-spanish-caja-to-offer-rent-before-you-buy-deal-for-potential-expats.html

This message was last edited by ads on 06/01/2011.

This message was last edited by ads on 06/01/2011.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 11:20 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

This is good news!

However, did the puchaser actually have a bank guarantee or not?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Business Directory Error - 1 posts
Solar water heaters - 13 posts
Benalmadena wi fi connection - 2 posts
Los Tres Reyes Magos - 2 posts
The president of lawyers for collaboration to improve Justice - 0 posts
Smoking Ban - 2 posts
Time to swap your Nationwide account - 43 posts
Newbees - 2 posts
Hello! I'm also new here!! - 1 posts
Bacco D.O.C. Valencia - 2 posts
hi,i am new here. - 0 posts
help me please - 2 posts
SC IPHONE 4G - 6 posts
Iberdrola energy company - 2 posts
I am leaving Spain - 6 posts
Alternatives?? - 3 posts
How can I get a better price on the ski pass for Sierra Nevada? - 15 posts
Summer job - 0 posts
english electrician will i be able to work in spain? - 0 posts
New Case Law November 2010 on Banks risponsabilities - 45 posts
Torresta - 1 posts
If you missed this, here you are .. the fireworks in London at midnight. - 4 posts
Let me introduce myself. - 4 posts
Wanted to buy in Malaga Area - 2 posts
Last Christmas - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x