Newbees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by charlie11 Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Hi All,

We are Roger and Cheryl from the Isle of Sheppey in Kent and are looking to move to Spain early this year. We are not sure which area either Benidorm area or to the South, Malaga area, open to suggestions. I am a professional DJ and Radio presenter in the UK and am looking for any advice as to whether there is any call by the Ex pat communities for Mobile Discos, Birthday parties, weddings and such like or if clubs take on resident DJs? Also im interested in Carrying on the radio presenting either as a voluntary local radio station Presenter or perhaps one of the Larger stations, any advice on local stations, names contacts etc would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Roger and Cheryl

This message was last edited by charlie11 on 04/01/2011.

This message was last edited by charlie11 on 04/01/2011.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2011 7:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Roger and Cheryl

Quite a few English speaking radio stations on the CDS - Heart FM, Spectrum FM, The Beat FM - maybe a few more as well - whether you go Costa Blanca or Costa del Sol I guess is down to you. Probably a bigger full time ex pat community in Malaga region than CDB. Plenty of clubs although getting into them could be difficult without lots of door knocking. Malaga/Marbella region probably has a more temperate climate than Costa Blanca/Benidorm - slightly cooler summers and slightly dryer/warmer winters. Property prices probably cheaper CB/Benidorm than on the CDS. 

Probably best to look around both and then decide - either way probably more agreeable than Grain Power Station. LOL!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
04 Jan 2011 8:48 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Hi Roger and Cheryl

I, like you am from the Isle of Sheppey, we bought an apartment in Sabinillas, which lies halfway between marbella and Gibraltar. There are are alot of venues between malaga and Gib. There are many Ex pat communities up and down this part of the coast.  I am a Semi pro Musician,  although I dont live there 24/7, I still do the occasional gig when Im out there. Nice part of the world too.

I also have a friend in Fuengirola that has a local radio station, it maybe worth you talking to him. PM me if you're interested. Incidently he and his wife originally came from Sittingbourne. (Small world innit)

Whatever you do I would suggest renting( There are alot of cheap rentals about) , as it gives you the advantage of moving around

Hope it all works out for you

Phil

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello! I'm also new here!! - 1 posts
Bacco D.O.C. Valencia - 2 posts
hi,i am new here. - 0 posts
help me please - 2 posts
SC IPHONE 4G - 6 posts
Iberdrola energy company - 2 posts
I am leaving Spain - 6 posts
Alternatives?? - 3 posts
How can I get a better price on the ski pass for Sierra Nevada? - 15 posts
Summer job - 0 posts
english electrician will i be able to work in spain? - 0 posts
New Case Law November 2010 on Banks risponsabilities - 45 posts
Torresta - 1 posts
If you missed this, here you are .. the fireworks in London at midnight. - 4 posts
Let me introduce myself. - 4 posts
Wanted to buy in Malaga Area - 2 posts
Last Christmas - 0 posts
Surgery in Spain - 4 posts
Grupo Domingo - 2 posts
tv/sat reccomendations - 0 posts
May we all have a vision... Happy New Year - 8 posts
Struggling to pay spanish mortgages - 4 posts
Longterm let wanted - 3 posts
Register cottage 'change of use' so we can rent it out - 0 posts
The cost of transferring money from La Caixa to Natwest via online banking. - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x