Ryanair to Murcia 2011

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Dec 2010 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just looked on the website and from 28th March 2011, they will once again be flying into Murcia (hooray). As they withdrew from most UK airports to Murcia in the winter, it may be beneficial for a thread on when they start the flights again from other airports?

Mark

Like 0      
26 Dec 2010 11:36 AM by sandside Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Liverpool airport now have flights from 1st March

Like 0      
15 Jan 2011 9:34 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

East Midlands two flights a week during March, then back to the usual eight per week from the end of March.

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2011 10:51 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Nothing from Gatwick, but for me they would be a last resort anyway.

Richard

Like 0      
16 Jan 2011 11:15 AM by kenny Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

Flights from Luton starting beginning March (2 flights per week). Just booked from 9th to 14th.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2011 11:30 AM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

Maybe they've now reached a compromise with the council in Murcia.......they pulled out previously after throwing their toys out the pram when they didn't get a concession..... ;-)  

We're sticking with the Ferry and driving down, we find it far nicer than suffering the Ryanair experience   Even though it can take us 10 hours to drive down that is with two good stops for a snack and lunch we find the ferry option more appealing.  Also the drive is very relaxing what with the stops, it's like a day trip out 

Have any of you considered the Ferry as a serious alternative?  Whilst on the face of things it may seem expensive once you take into account airport parking and the rip off fees Ryanair charge it comes out as a very favourable alternative.  Also your holiday starts as soon as you get on......with all the entertainment you essentially get a mini-cruise to start your holiday  

This message was last edited by JazII on 16/01/2011.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2011 11:51 AM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

"Maybe they've now reached a compromise with the council in Murcia.......they pulled out previously after throwing their toys out the pram when they didn't get a concession..... ;-) "

I think that as the resumption of flights was slipped in quietly with no massive fanfare Mr O'L was forced to eat humble pie and back down. I did hear on the grapevine that he was told 'no flights to San Javier - then no flights to Corvera when it opens'. Don't know how true this may be!

Have used Plymouth/Santander a couple of times and love the trip - however, when you're just going for a long weekend..............!

Usually, we always fly Ryanair; if you play their own game (ie. don't try to carry more than the allowance, buy your drink and stuff at the airport and not on board, accept them for what they are) I don't think they can be beaten for price, availability or reliability. Plus we now have our own car which lives very cheaply near the airport so I don't have the cost of car hire.

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2011 12:20 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

I see your point, we used to be in a position to spend a few days at Casa2 most months (in my old role I could work in Spain) plus of course all our vacation time was spent there ;-))  With my current job it's vacation time only hence why we're full Ferry converts 

Now we have about four breaks each year ranging from 8 days to two and a half weeks in duration (taking into account the public holidays and our vacation time)......

BTW you're probably right about Mr O'Leary......trying to sneak back with minimal fuss and act as if it was just a seasonal change 

This message was last edited by JazII on 16/01/2011.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 4:22 PM by Ken Stoddern Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

We have just heard that Ryan Air are pulling out of Newquay, Cornwall. Ryan Air have had Newquay to Alicante flights during the summer months for a few years but report that they are fed up with the Cornwall Council Airport Tax of £5.00 per person on departures. This is a real blow to people in Cornwall where alternatives are as far as Bristol for Ryan Air or Easy Jet or Exeter for Flybe. We are not as fortunate as people in the Midlands or the South East who have much more choice of who they wish to travel with and from which airport. Just to add to the problems, Air South West have just pulled their flight from Newquay to London making it even harder for Cornish travellers.

Having a place in Almoradi, a short drive from Alicante Airport on the Costa Blanca, and being retired, means that future long stays in Spain will cost us a fortune in airport parking while more regular but shorter stays will cost in air fares. The Newquay service seemed to be well used and I'm sure it will affect a lot of people. If anyone is affected by this loss of service I'd be happy to hear their comments.

Ken

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 5:09 PM by elricho Star rating in York. 34 posts Send private message

Mr O`Leary actually came up smelling of roses on this particular one.

Last year Ryanair were getting 8 euros per passenger that they brought into San Javier airport. They asked for it to be upped to 12 euros per head over the winter and as we now all know the regional government refused to pay this amount. However since the region has been so quiet over the winter months the government have had to backtrack somewhat and not only offer what he asked for, but have now infact given Ryanair 16€ per head for this coming summer season, PLUS Ryanair have received EXTRA monies for bringing "new routes" back to the area.

One major cock up by the Murcian Government, once they realized that hardly anyone was coming to the area. Like it or not the guy has some power and Murcia and the surrounding areas need him.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 7:37 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

O'Leary is just greedy, I hope it backfires on him in the long-term ;-)

BTW digressing slightly, with initiatives such as those below it begs the question as to whether Murcia actually needs Ryanair in the long-term.   A local carrier could see this as an opportunity and get their act together and plan to support the increase in tourism these ventures will bring. ;-))

China to invest 1 billion Euros for tourism centre in Murcia

The Chinese government and a variety of businesses from different sectors will be investing around 1 billion Euros for the development of a tourism, logistics and leisure centre in Murcia, Spain next year. The project is known as Special Zone of Chinese Investments and will include 2000 apartments, shopping and entertainment complexes, and educational facilities in addition to a theme park showcasing the Chinese cultural heritage.

Huge Ice Palace is to be built in the sleepy little town of San Pedro del Pinatar.This installation will be the first of its kind in the Mediterranean arch, and will house the 2012 Ice Hockey World Cup.  A foreign company presented the project to the San Pedro Town Hall last week. The investment will be some 15 million euros for the first stage of the sports pavilion, which will include the ice palace, a covered arena, covered padel courts, and a commercial area of 3,500 square metres.  The setting for this mammoth project is Los Antolinos, which is the area between the town centre and the AP 7, next to the present sports centre.

This message was last edited by JazII on 19/01/2011.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2011 10:12 AM by Daniels Star rating in Waterlooville & Pent.... 220 posts Send private message

Stopped using Ryanair as I got fed up over the last two years of them changing times and dates. Using Easyjet this year all booked up going to Alicante an extra 10 minutes travel but am at apartment in the morning and not arriving at 10 at night. Used Easyjet over Christmas holidays on time no delays.......... exactly what we wanted.

Have not heard anything on China investment at Lorca now for a year now, I guess if it was going to happen it would be in the news and papers. Do you know something I don't???

Like 0      
20 Jan 2011 9:41 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

Hi Daniels

Yes I did see something and I sent you a PM, thing is though it has kind of morphed into the Paramount Park but I heard it still has substantial Chinese investment........don't know all the details though ;-) 

Time wise.........It's a bit like the Covera airport, when we purchased our place we were assured it would be up and running by 2006, they are giving tentative dates for this new development but it maybe prudent to add 5 years ;-))

This message was last edited by JazII on 20/01/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Equipment Wanted for Stroke Victim - 1 posts
proof of deposit paid! - 0 posts
new charge for holding debit card - 7 posts
Dodgy PM - 3 posts
Heres one guy unaffected by closed airports... - 1 posts
JOY TO ALL OF COURSE - 0 posts
One Unhappy Chappy-CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP? - 13 posts
El Gordo 2010 - 1 posts
The true spirit of Christmas ..thanks to members like Irene & Alan - 4 posts
Christmas letter by Maria de Castro - 15 posts
Runway heating - 6 posts
Codeur - 5 posts
Web Domains - 8 posts
Europa Network - 4 posts
Online shopping in Spain - does it work? - 11 posts
The bank will not pay Community fees it owes on apartments it owns - 9 posts
car transport / recovery - 0 posts
Indoor swimming pool - 4 posts
villa rental prices - 7 posts
What are lawyers doing to address the delays in the Justice Administration System? - 56 posts
PJ's Car Hire - 4 posts
RECOMMENDED OIL CENTRAL HEATING ENGINEERS IN LOS ALCAZARES AREA - 0 posts
Bank Charges in Spain where can I find a list? - 12 posts
Iberdrola Web Site - 4 posts
1.8 metre satalite dish wanted - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x